Looking to buy a digital copy of MLB2K12

mbowkett1978

My dvd copy of MLB2k12 isn't looking so good anymore (to be expected when played for almost 10 years). I'm hoping someone might have a legit digital copy of the game to sell me. Willing to pay $50 USD (or more, I know how rare this find can be). Just dreading the day this copy is scratch beyond being playable, that day is approaching quickly.  :( 

I was in the same boat as you as my MLB 2K12 DVD was getting more and more scratches and I was worried that soon it wouldn't read anymore.

I resolved it once and for all by mounting the DVD as an image on one of my hard drives using free image mounting software found on the internet. Just do a search for 'mount game DVD as image' and that should give you plenty of information.

I don't really want to give any more information than that and if the moderator thinks that I've stepped over the line, please delete my post.

32 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I was in the same boat as you as my MLB 2K12 DVD was getting more and more scratches and I was worried that soon it wouldn't read anymore.

I resolved it once and for all by mounting the DVD as an image on one of my hard drives using free image mounting software found on the internet. Just do a search for 'mount game DVD as image' and that should give you plenty of information.

I don't really want to give any more information than that and if the moderator thinks that I've stepped over the line, please delete my post.

Just chiming in, this post is fine, but the topic of piracy is something that I look at under context when it gets discussed on the site. What I don't want as a part of the admin team is to have members blatantly post torrents or links to pirated software on the site.

My understanding is that because the site itself gets crawled by Google often, if our site shows up as a site on a search result where someone can get a torrent for MLB 2K12, or a link to a pirate site within the threads here, we could open ourselves to legal problems by 2K as a company, or MLB altogether, unless the community really wants to go down that road because they want to be able to play an 8-9 year old title for free

I'm with you on this one! I'm not looking to download an illegal copy, just prolong the life of my existing copy or obtain a new one. I'm hoping someone on here might wish to exchange the funds for a copy of The Show 21 (as in I'll pay for it) for a copy of MLB2k12. hehe

34 minutes ago, mbowkett1978 said:

I'm with you on this one! I'm not looking to download an illegal copy, just prolong the life of my existing copy or obtain a new one. I'm hoping someone on here might wish to exchange the funds for a copy of The Show 21 (as in I'll pay for it) for a copy of MLB2k12. hehe

It's hard dude, hell I'm passively searching for copies myself

Yep I know my friend. The PC copies of the game are elusive. Even back when it came out, I believe it was a limited run as most people purchased this game for either the Playstation or Xbox. But I'm a PC gamer and with the mods (on here and the ones I've done myself), I'm more pleased with MLB2K12 than any of the recent The Show titles. Plus when you have THIS MANY hours invested into one title, it's borderland heartbreaking when you know it's just a matter of time before the game dies. I'm so paranoid about this now that I don't even take it out of the DVD drive anymore. haha

I was super lucky to get a used DVD from eBay about years ago and the seller was kindly not asking for a lot.

As for my information, I've had no issues with the serial number after I mounted the DVD as an image. I had the game installed using the DVD and once my disk started showing signs of wear, that's when I decided to try the mount. I didn't have to reinstall it or re-enter the serial number.

17 minutes ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Yep I know my friend. The PC copies of the game are elusive. Even back when it came out, I believe it was a limited run as most people purchased this game for either the Playstation or Xbox. But I'm a PC gamer and with the mods (on here and the ones I've done myself), I'm more pleased with MLB2K12 than any of the recent The Show titles. Plus when you have THIS MANY hours invested into one title, it's borderland heartbreaking when you know it's just a matter of time before the game dies. I'm so paranoid about this now that I don't even take it out of the DVD drive anymore. haha

Do you have the CD key for the game? You might be able to register it on Steam, I think

10 hours ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Yep I know my friend. The PC copies of the game are elusive.

I can understand that. We've had people for years come in here looking for 2k12 and what was preventing them from buying it when they found one was the asking price for it. It was jacked up sky high on Amazon and eBay.

@ Kccitystar, tried that route already and even contacted Steam, no such luck.

And yep @Yankee4Life, supply and demand. Who would have guessed it would be the last truly great baseball game for PC? Back in 2015, we could still find copies but in recent years, I've had more luck following leprechauns to their pots of gold.

43 minutes ago, mbowkett1978 said:

@ Kccitystar, tried that route already and even contacted Steam, no such luck.

And yep @Yankee4Life, supply and demand. Who would have guessed it would be the last truly great baseball game for PC? Back in 2015, we could still find copies but in recent years, I've had more luck following leprechauns to their pots of gold.

I do believe that outside of the visual style, Super Mega Baseball 3 is the better PC baseball game now.

In no way I am going to try to sell you on why it's phenomenal, but the patches that have updated SMB3 since it was initially released have put it on a level that rightfully justifies the EA acquisition. It's a game you can play over and over again and get a different experience every time, and it is extremely easy to pick up and go. There are also custom team packs that do create teams that have actual MLB players with attributes that fit within the SMB-verse if that makes sense. The only major drawback is that it is not an MLB licensed game but a majority of people don't care much about that at all

1 hour ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Oh really? I watched the trailer and I guess the cartoony animation threw me off. I was expecting it to be something like RBI Baseball. If that's not the case, I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

RBI wishes it was as fun as this game

I understand the pain all too well, mbowkett1978.

My MVP 2005 game (in which I held onto after all of these years) doesn't work on my laptop, despite reading on all of the steps in here on how to get it to work. So while watching MVP 2005 collect dust for years,  I purchased the dvd of MLB 2k10 a few years ago and it works great. But after seeing how dedicated the modding community is for 2K12 and have abandoned 2K10, I also want that version. I also purchased SMB3 and find it to be an excellent game. But my passion have always been for playing My Career. 

Unfortunately, 2k12 is impossible to get, the mods for 2K10 seemingly do not work and since the modding community no longer pays attention to 2K10, any modding requests that I may post will simply go unanswered. 

@mbowkett1978

Hey buddy

ok, I have a copy of 2K12 which has barely been played,  because I’m more an MVP guy, I really only played it a few times. It’s still in its original case and has the original little booklet thing. I’d probably need to give it a little clean with a disc cleaner, get any smudges etc off it, but it seems to be scratch-free. 
If you do want it, I’ll have you to check what it’s gonna cost me to send it from Australia (I’m assuming you’re in the US)

Soooo, yeah, if you’re interested just let me know buddy 

Marty

That's a good look Marty65.

I have been on a quest for 2K12 myself due to the number of mods created,  but glad you and mbowkett1978 are going to make that deal.

I only have 2K10 but aside for the fact that there is no one making mods for it (I did have a TCM request for an HBCU league), I am content playing this version. The game plays well.

Much respect to both of you.

Funny thing is, I have MVP 2005 and is going unused.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, it is absolutely impossible to find this game for purchase anywhere! I have looked High and low, checked every site, Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon, Facebook Marketplace and Gamestop for 3 weeks now. Never even seen one for sale. smh

Pretty much have given up,

I guess that would make it rare?

I never played it or never even thought about buying it 10 years ago. I would like to give it a try and see how it stacks up to MVP2005 and High Heat 2002-03

If you want to sell yours? Or have an extra for sale, I am buying for a pretty penny; just message me.

All I ask is that it has a legit original CD key that is not used already.

Archived