Total Portraits 2008 Thread

Hory

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question - when the large comprehensive portrait set comes out, this will have the correct photo IDs so they match the audio?

Also, would you suggest that I re-copy the original portraits.big file so I do not have multiple portraits after this new portrait set comes out?

They already do have the correct ids, there's a couple of older sets like Oakland & Boston that have a couple of minor leaguers with created ids that have since been replaced by those found by DMZ, but I'll change those in the next version of that team's set in the next couple of weeks when I have some new portraits to add , seems kinda silly to make an entire new version just to change one minor league id.

Backing up your portrait.big file is usually a good idea. But you can delete portraits from your portrait.big with EA Graphics Editor. and anyway it won't make much difference to your game if you have portraits with the old created ids installed.

hmm maybe you have to use something else other than EAGE I thought it could delete fsh files from inside a .big file, oh well....

It doesn't matter if you have a portrait with an old created id installed, the only benefit from removing it would be saving 40kb of disk space.

Those old created ids which have been replaced by DMZ's will not be reassigned to any other created player anyway so there is not possibility of incorrect portraits showing up.

Hory,

I posted this in another thread, then I found this one:

Great job on the Mets. I am not sure if you get your photos from MLB.com, but on that site, if you go to the Mets roster, you can click on non-roster invitiees and get the newest pics for Scott Strickland, Andres Gallaraga, Roberto Hernandez, Mike Mathews, etc. You probaby knew that already, but just a heads up.

Yea, thanks I know there's more pics up on MLB, I'm just working off these hi-res images I've got first, then once I've done all the teams, I'll go over them all again and add in NRIs, minor leaguers etc..

Personally, I don't perticularly enjoy your work, I will just wait until The H and TribeTime come out with better quality stuff.

Wow. Thanks a lot.

Any particular reason, child?

I don't particularly enjoy your posts either.

Apr, theses guys do this stuff for free for the love of the game and to improve the MVP community. Talking trash about someones work and saying it's not up to your standards when it is extremely well done work is absolutely uncalled for. Hang your head in shame.

Personally, I don't perticularly enjoy your work, I will just wait until The H and TribeTime come out with better quality stuff.

What's up with this kind of shitty comment, huh?

Everybody's work is great... and the more variety, the better for everybody.

Yea well, I've already done the Mets, so maybe in the next update.

I'm just trying to get all 30 MLB teams done based on the headshots from spring training then I can worry about trades and minor leaguers, NRIs etc...

Archived