The MvpMods Challenge games

Yankee4Life

Ok.........with this break in the action due to the site being upgraded, let's get back to playing each other.

Goku, if you are still doing the standings, give me one additional loss (I am 0-7 now) and give Cartersyard another win.

Now, since the site was being worked on, I still have not recieved my avatar from CY. As soon as he reads this, he'll fix that for me.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! Upon retirement it shall return!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm dumb enough to challenge Oly the killer again for the third time. Good thing she is kind of busy now and I'll be going to lay down very soon. I just got out of work and I am beat. And when I get back here, she'll beat me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the impossible has happened. The Y4L lead New York Yankees did something online that has never happened before. They won a game against the Los Angeles Angels, led by Thome25.

Of course, it wasn't easy. The immortal Benji Molina went deep and had three hits for the Halos. He had more hits in this game then he has had for the Angels for the entire month of June.

Jason Giambi tied the game with a solo homerun in the eighth inning into deep left center field. Derek Jeter's two run single drove home two more and Jeter scored on a groundout for the fourth run of the frame.

Tanyon Sturtze and Mariano Rivera pitched a scoreless 8th and 9th.

Anyone that plays against Thome25 should know something. While we both entered this game winless, we played for the fun of it. Thome 25 never quit or complained, and even though he is still winless (hey, I know the feeling) he's a fun guy to play against because he plays the game right. What else can you ask for?

Here's Thome25's avatar. A thing of beauty:

Phew, Y4L, glad I'm "busy". :D Congrats! Let me finish updating my Dynasty page (and weeding and cleaning out the garage and....whatever else I can find to do) and then we'll play.

Thome25, it's good to see that win or lose you're still having fun with the game (and enjoy that avatar....better you than me). :mrgreen:

Thome25, it's good to see that win or lose you're still having fun with the game (and enjoy that avatar....better you than me).

Thanks Oly.Hope to meet u on the field as well.I hear your very good and nothin would be better then getting rid of this goose egg then beating one of the top players here.But most likely that wont happen.

I just completed a great game with Y4L, which I (probably quite luckily) won 3-2 on a Melky Cabrera sacrifice fly in the top of the 10th. Very good game, along with some minor comedies as I have never completed a whole game with manual fielding on. :lol:

Linescore:

snap0234ay.png

And Y4L's nice new avatar:

yankeesny22wz.jpg

(I can't give a fellow Yankees fan an anti-Yankees or pro-Boston avatar. I just can't. Too loyal. ;))

Thanks for the game, Y4L. :)

For those interested, I just set up an offical MVPmods ladder. This will be a much better way to track wins and losses. Now we can truly find out who's best. :)

Just follow this link and sign up. Just remember, please use your mvpmods username.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the impossible has happened. The Y4L lead New York Yankees did something online that has never happened before. They won a game against the Los Angeles Angels, led by Thome25.

Anyone that plays against Thome25 should know something. While we both entered this game winless, we played for the fun of it. Thome 25 never quit or complained, and even though he is still winless (hey, I know the feeling) he's a fun guy to play against because he plays the game right. What else can you ask for?

Here's Thome25's avatar. A thing of beauty:

pmlb21780488dt0al.jpg

Congrats on your first win Y4L

And agreed on Thome25, my first and only game to date was against him (a close, hard fought 2-0 win)

I am going to play some people now that my router is all fixed up, this will be good practice for my IP leauge. Playing juan in a few, I'm usually open on weekdays most of the time, just send me a PM to play

Archived