TheSpungo's Kansas City Organizational Update Thread

thespungo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spungo, these look great so far...can't wait to see the wranglers and o-royals myself...and the monarchs jersey looks b-e-a-yootiful (i was going to try that one myself, but work has been getting in the way something fierce

and avngres...i've got a fever...and the only cure is more COWBELL :lmao:

thanks for the support guys. you know, i too put my pants on one leg at a time - the only difference is that, once my pants are on, i make gold records. :lmao:

i forgot to give props earlier for the monarchs jersey - i'm digging it as well. the guys and i almost went to that game against the twins to get the monarchs hat but, once we realized it was going to be 1001 degrees (not a typo), we just watched it on the tube instead. i did get the buck jersey and the powder blue trucker hat though - both quality items.

keep on keepin on and such... :hail:

OH MAN! I saw those giveaways on the Royals site, and I was so dissapinted that I don't live there anymore. I really wanted that trucker hat, the monarchs hat, and the powder blue jersey shirt. The camo floppy hat is kinda cool, the Saberhagen statue is neat, you guys just have really good promotions.

I'm back home in Denver for summer break, and the coolest thing i've gotten thus far at Coors Field is a Rockies back-pack. We get CRAP in terms of free stadium giveaways.

I guess that's why you get better promotions, because KC suck's just slighty more than Colorado ...

got that right...if it weren't for work, as i mentioned earlier, i'd be attending a lot more games...i would love to have gotten ahold of the buck jersey and the two hats

i remember being stoked after getting the sweeney bobblehead last season (or was it '03?), then noticing he was on the wrong side of the plate

anyway, all that aside, if buck can actually start hitting, he'd be one hell of a backstop...he's already got a great arm - how many guys has he gunned down/picked off at first this year?

Well, i'm not too sure on how many he's thrown out. I've only gotten the privelage of seeing 4 Royals games this year, (they came to Denver for a 3 game set and then I saw the one last week on ESPN) so I don't really know how he's been doing behind the plate, i've just heard he's doing fairly well.

According to ESPN, he's allowed 42 stolen bases in 78 games played and he's caught 22, which gives him a 344% caught stealing percentage. That doesn't mean much, but when we compare that to Yadier Molina's 645% (the leage leader) Bucks not too bad. He ranks tenth in CS%. Pretty good for a really young guy, I say. Now if only his bat could come around ...

Bibliography: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fieldi...ughtStealingPct

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, with a new year brings all new jersey's for the Kansas City Royals organization! Calm down, everyone... please.

In a post-South Park meeting with KC tonight, I have decided to re-do all the Royals organization's jerseys. High Desert, Wichita, Omaha, and Kansas City will all be getting the sweet treatment.

And after hours upon hours of arguing, KC agreed to do all my jerseys for me. Just kidding, you suckers, I did those jerseys! Special thanks to KC for some rad photoshop ideas and for his more than appropriate initials.

bp018rr.pnghome024sg.pngomaha7b6gl.png

Seen here are the Omaha Royals BP jersey, home jersey, and a fantasy jersey of my own invention. Well, kind of. I really like the minor league teams that copy their big league clubs jersey's, so I made an Omaha home jersey in the style of the Royals new home jersey.

First to be done will be Omaha, obviously, but I'm open to suggestions as to who will come next.

So I tried something a little new last night. Rather than working with crisp clean logo's, I decided to try and make photo-realistic jerseys, using the preview pictures from the MLB.com store.

Now I'm not sure I really like them. Yes, they appear to be more wavy as if it were a real jersey on a person, but they arent as clean-cut as they would have been if I had used a hi-rez logo.

I think the black jerseys came out the worst because the preview picture in the MLB.com store was pretty bad. But regardless of that, I think the idea might have been better than the actual turnout. But now I wanna know what you think. Should I ditch the photo-realistic idea or not?

royalshome014qp.pngroyalsroadblack012ha.pngroyalswhitehome017vb.png

Actually, if you're offering, I do have a request.

I'd like some regular royal blue numbers. No outline, just royal blue. And then a set of the same royal blue but with white outline. And not the dirty lookin' Dodger's numbers that are blue with white outline, but nice crisp looking numbers.

If I had those, then the jerseys would be 100% accurate.

I present to you, my 2006 Royals uniform pack.

The best Royals uniform mod out there, or your money back...

Download here --

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=3059

kcpreview4dx.th.jpg

Hot new items for the 2006 season:

-- New Nike grey undershirts; all the sweet teams are wearing them

-- New 2006 Nike batting gloves; all the cool players are wearing them

-- Under Armour 2x wristbands; so totally photo-realistic

• 3 weeks later...

And now, Gentleman and boys, the cherry on top of my Royals uniform pack...

berroa16if.jpg

the cherry on top is a picture of Berroa making an error? :roll:

(jk...you've got some damn good unis. had to make that comment though because, well, i hate Berroa. i think it's long overdue for the Royals to replace him with Blanco)

Archived