WIP: Busch Stadium I & II

HardcoreLegend

It has also come to my attention that I'm an idiot and alot of credit should go to crowe1 and paulw. I, without thinking, used the Sportsman from TC without even recognizing that it wasn't a color restored stock EA version. I wouldn't have stolen someone elses work, no matter how many changes I made to it.

I'm trying to resolve this issue now with paulw, and until then I ask no one else to download the mod.

I'm sorry.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is cool. It was an honest mistake. And please, *PLEASE* download this excellent mod. It's great work.

I enjoy it most when I (or anyone else) collaborate with others on work. This was just an "after the fact" collaboration that had a communication problem.

Life's screwy enough without introducing problems into what should be fun for all of us.

This stadium is a pain in the ***. The way EA used the vertices in this stadium is almost mind boggling. They split up graphics over various pieces for reason I can't phathom. Needless to say, this is going to be a very slow process....but it's a start.

Basically, what I am doing is creating a 1960's version of Busch II and from there building a 1980's version. It's much easier that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time, no peak.

Started this back up again, even though I know I'm just going to get annoyed with it.

Anyways, I've completed the right side of the outfield scoreboards. I like the way they turned out.

Pay no attention to the 'numbers' overtop the out of town board. I've left them there so I don't lose them when I move them to the others side of the field.

It's looking good. I wonder the same as you... "Why do I do this to myself?" In the end it is very much worth it.

Yeah, I mean, I think I can do a good job with it and have alot of fun, but at the same time, when I get to things like EA slicing ads like they are a slice of bread and splitting them up over different parts, I just want to punch the computer. Nothing irratates me more than when they don't finish the wall behind an ad. That's why my wall is screwed up in that picture. The top of the wall doesn't line up because I had to 'stretch' it to cover the big gapping holes.

jerks!

Best of luck, and this may be the time to just use mstadium.o as the main version, then just copy it to removable.o so you can have twice the vertices you'd otherwise have. It'd take some work lowering all of the vertices you don't need in removable.o, but it could work.

It's tricky to mod everything about it, but removing the upper-deck scoreboard is the big thing. At least they didn't move the outfield bleachers around too too much.

busch.jpg

The outfield bleachers will be some of the easiest work to do, simply because I can move the the railing, seats and crowd that are backed up for the bullpen, down to level with the wall.

I should take a screen cap of OEdit when I get home from work, just to show you how many vertices I've moved down below field level trying to get rid of the upper deck additions. With the top of the wall seperated, you can use the replay free camera to peer over the outfield fence down into oblivion and see all the stuff that used to be up top. I thought that was kind of cool.

:D

As we all wait, I think we need meditation.

With the game on the line, and the outfield in, Lou Brock hit a screaming ball to left center that looked like sure fire trouble, the loss of a managers job for pulling the outfield in and a game winning hit. As the ball came down, the hope and pride of Detroit was in a full out sprint for the ball. All the hearts of that proud town were dashed as the ball seemingly bounced off the back of the fielders glove. Game over.

But wait, what's this? The ball banks off his head. Hope? The ball merely osolates in place like a bullet in Dealey Plaza. MIRACLE OF ALL MIRACLES! Sir Isaac Newton won't win this battle. The fielder reaches up in sheer amazement and secures his team a win, as Lou Brock is left standing at 2B bewildered.

Detroits even more confused as to why the Out of Town Scoreboard says they are in a rain delay in Cleveland.

If you think you can do it. But, Hardcore mentioned he may make an 'astro turf' 80's Bush stadium. These stadiums are alot of work. I,

along with others, do appreciate the time and they are great for

'Total Classics' Maybe try the KC stadium as a day or night version

to replace the current one first

You may get some help from of the great modders here

Good luck with the project(s)

• 9 months later...

Does anyone want to help me finish this Busch Stadium 1967 version? I've got most of the graphical mods done and I've removed the billboards from the upper deck. However, the heavy lifting stuff like adding the extra column of 'bullpen' seats on both sides and moving to the boxseats down both side back I'm going to need help with.

I can do it, that isn't the concern here, I just wondered if anyone wanted to jump in and help.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived