controller.cfg for XBOX controllers (for MVP on the PC)

krawhitham

edit: I also got the controller to work the the basic windows xp drivers. The controller DOES NOT VIBRATE with the windows drivers, but otherwise works flawlessly as a PS2 pad substitute:

profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)

device= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 10

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= button 7

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CIRCLE= button 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 6

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= axis- 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= button 9

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= button 10

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 5

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1

VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= button 10

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= button 9

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= button 9

VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 1

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 10

VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 1

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 5

VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= axis+ 3

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= axis+ 3

VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= button 6

VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 2

VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 4

VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 3

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 5

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 6

I just wanted to say that this configuration file is the most efficient and most accurate file i've found in this thread.

Like some of you, I stumbled around for a while wondering if I'd need to get XBCD or needed to tweak the file myself. Then I noticed I had missed this layout here. Here's a description of your control layout(it a wired xbox 360 controller):

Apart from having ALL the fundamentals mapped correctly, it closely mimics the old xbox layout.

-The START button brings up the PAUSE menu, while the BACK button brings up your SWING ANALYSIS.

-Clicking in and holding the LEFT THUMBSTICK bring up your PITCH HISTORY, and you can use the bumpers to cycle through at-bats.

-The RIGHT TRIGGER brings up what I've always called the MANAGER MENU, hold it and then use either the bumpers to cycle or the d-pad

The only thing That took me a while to figure out was how to lead-off. Pushing RIGHT THUMBSTICK UP, DOWN, or LEFT would cause SELECTED RUNNER TO LEAD, ALL RUNNERS RETREAT, and ALL RUNNERS ADVANCE respectively.

If i didn't spill apple juice on my controller it would be nearly perfect.

Oh and lastly, despite the fact that the game tells you that BUTTON 8 is cutoff/relay, its actually located on the RIGHT TRIGGER.

Hope this is helpful to someone who just picked up the game recently.

I've read this and I honestly don't know what to do, whether I should do xboxcd or what. Any help would be appreciated. I have a corded MadCatz controller and i can play but I can't pick off and a few other things and it won't let me use X for the pitch on the left so I use start and it's really annoying

try this.

1st: Copy the above config.

Then Goto: My Documents/MVP BASEBALL 2005. Delete you Config file.

3rd: Start MVP BASEBALL 2005, goto My MVP>MVP OPTIONS>CONTROLLER CONFIG. Highlight "SWING" and hit A. Now Save.

(this makes a brand new config file for you)

4th: Exit MVP BASEBALL 2005, Goto: My Documents/MVP BASEBALL 2005. Open your Config file.

Highlight everything below this and replace it with the config you copied from this very thread.

profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)

device= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 10

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 5

(PLEASE NOTE: it will not read profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller) in your file, I think you should leave it as is and just make sure that yours has the same number of players,buttons,povs, and axis.)

Lastly, SAVE the file and go test it out.

The only reasons i can think this wouldn't work is because i've made a mistake in my instructions or your controller isn't compatable with the config.

Edited by MVP Fonz

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

has anyone every had any gameplay problems with baserunning with a standard xbox 360 corded controller? I used to use a madcatz xbox 360 controller and never had any problems with baserunning but I had problems with the right analog stick getting messed up and making me slide all the time so I decided to buy an official microsoft one. Since I've had it I have this problem with baserunning where my players are doing weird things like when they would normally stay on base during a sac fly but now they automatically run home right away when I first control them. Also this has happened a lot with pop ups where they automatically run and i have to manually try to get them back on the original base. And it also happens when I will hit a deep extra base ball and they just stay on base and don't advance without me controlling them too and I never had that problem before. I don't know whether it's my controller or just something weird with the game. If anyone has any input it would be appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

It's not with the game files. It's in your My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder.

hey jimmy thanks for the response. i found the .cfg file and it was just where you said it was. however, my issue is now that the game wont recognize my 360 controller at all. i'm running windows 7 with a wireless keyboard and mouse. the game will only recognize "keyboard 1" config and when i go even to manually input and change all the buttons on the config screen, the game doesn't even recognize i'm pressing the A button on the 360 controller. any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I loved my Saitek P880 and used it for MVP2004 and MVP2005. The only reason I now use the wired XBox controller for PC is because I bought it for MLB2K9 (which I sold after 2 weeks). I liked the way that the XBox controller felt, so I kept using it.

• 2 months later...

Hello, instead of making a new thread I will continue this one and ask my question! My problem is that the left analog stick keeps getting stuck at a certain direction and not centring.

For example when I'm pitching no matter how much effort I put into a direction with the left stick when aiming the pitch, it goes to the outside edges of the strike zone and doesn't center back to the middle, even if I let go of my analog stick (the stick centres physically but the aim is still on a corner)

Another example is if I am fielding, the players would run in the direction the stick was last positioned and would keep running unless I point it in another direction, in which he runs to the new direction non-stop

I have a XBOX 360 Wireless Controller that works with other games (including 2K12) and I have tried different .cfg files all over the site but I doubt that would have given me a solution anyways. If anyone can help then I would appreciate it, thanks!

Edit (08/07/2013): Problem Solved! The calibration process (using the 'Game Controller' calibration in the Control Panel) was confusing, asked me to move the d-pad but instead I had to move the left analog stick around. Weird but problem solved

• 3 months later...

Yankees4Life: ^ The above one. I have a 360 controller htat i am struggling to set up

Don't mean to butt-in here but are you able to get your X-Box 360 controller with your computer? Or are you having problems with the controller/CONFIG file in the MVP Baseball game? If it's the latter problem, I could probably just send you my CONFIG file that I use with the same controller.

Yankees4Life: ^ The above one. I have a 360 controller htat i am struggling to set up

That link is to a website that has been gone for many years now. That's why I didn't know what you meant.

And please, most people here refer to me as Y4L, or you can just call me Yankee4Life or if you don't want to use those two choices you can just say "hey you." :)

• 4 months later...

Having controller issues, won't launch into a game when I edit the gamepad controls. Thought I had found the fix here.

Regardless of my problems. This thread should not be pinned as the link is dead, and clearly has been/community aware of it having been, for a long time.

Last post is by some creepy admin flirting with that other user and this thread is still pinned/main post not edited? Nice first introduction to this community.

Edited by stonedraven

Regardless of my problems. This thread should not be pinned as the link is dead, and clearly has been/community aware of it having been, for a long time.

Says who? You? This thread is fourteen pages long and if people want to come in and read about this subject that occasionally comes up then we are going to make it as easy as we can for them to find this thread and spend time here. I hope that in the future this does not happen again because I believe we have a good handle on what threads are pinned and what threads are not.

Last post is by some creepy admin flirting with that other user and this thread is still pinned/main post not edited? Nice first introduction to this community.

What my response to that user was just that, a response. I answered her question and then corrected her on my screen name which she got wrong. You on the other hand can interpret that any way you want.

Nice first introduction to this community? Oh yeah, you really had a good one. I suggest that you change your approach.

LOL @ that, but seriously, Y4L has ALWAYS been active in helping and/or directing newer members of this site, long before being an admin. It's not flirting, it's making others who enjoy MVP/2K feel welcome. This a great community and has been for years- Enjoy it!