If you have long hair, click here

Guest JWClubbie

Guest JWClubbie

I work in Baseball, and sometimes teams want you to look "Professional", not really that it's a rule, it's sort of expected.

If the job is good and/or you like it, you might not be able to get it back as easy as your hair once it's "cut loose".

I cut my hair last year, it took 4 months to get back over the ears, and another 2 to get to the shoulders.

Hey, what do you do in baseball?

It took me about 2-2 1/2 months to go from a buzz cut to over my ears, eyes, and collar.

-BBHD

Are you serious? I have been letting my hair grow for like 6 1/2 months from a buzzcut and it's not even over my ears nor is it at my collar yet.

I did not get a buzzcut, I got it cut to about 2.5 inches. My hair grows fast, but it grows back faster when I cut it, which is weird. It doesn't grow very even, so I get it evened out and then it grows back fast.

Man I had just gone through this crisis, I had hair down to about my shoulders, but like the surfer type, but I had to cut it all off due to my baseball coach, he was saying that I wasn't looking proffessional, and if the scouts saw me, they wouldn't even approach me.

But whatever, after the season I'm going to let it grow back.

I did not get a buzzcut, I got it cut to about 2.5 inches. My hair grows fast, but it grows back faster when I cut it, which is weird. It doesn't grow very even, so I get it evened out and then it grows back fast.

yeah you are cutting the split & dead ends

I don;t wanna cut my hair for the whole year?

how long does it take to get long?

I recently went through the same experiment in Sept. 2004. I had reasonably short hair for the summer ..about 2-2.5 inches and shaved sides/back (fade). Well I just thought what the hell and ended up only getting 2 trims until this Sept. 2005.

Before it was finally cut, my hair was easily over a foot long all around . Keep in mind I got the trims to make sure it was growing in evenly. But by the time I cut off the mop this year, I had a nasty habit of putting my hair in my mouth and having to tuck it behind my ears.

My guess is a year would probably bring 8-10 iches of hairgrowth on a guy that grows hair decently fast.

I got mine to about shoulder length from relatively clean in about 6 months. I probably could have put it in a ponytail if I wanted.

It was fun when I had it, but now that I'm out of college, it's never anything I would do again. And not just because of having a girlfriend now.

I hate dealing with long hair for the sole reasons being:

Split Ends

Nappy hair

Hair falling out

Picking it out if you have an afro

Hot weather only makes it worse.

I have long hair myself, about shoulder length, anything longer than that is femenine.

Archived