The New Busch Stadium a WIP

Pirate

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys I emailed some folks to get some clairvoiance on ad placement... it's a wait and see game now. I will work on that Coke Roof.

I will also remove the circle around the mound on the night version, seeing as they did not put it in the stadium.

Pirate, I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'm assuming you don't plan on adding a bullpen in left field? I know you can't change the actal BP positions, so it would just be for show.

Not that I am complaining. You are doing an incredible job, and this is 1000x closer the Busch III than anything currently in the game.

The problem with the bullpens is the players are coded into a certain position. There is no way to move them. I wish there was. There is a bullpen in right just like it should be but in left it is turned verticle instead of horizantal.

The base was Ameriquest Field in Arlington

Pirate - I was wondering if, during your 'reasearch' to make this stadium, if you found out approximate dimensions not for the FIELD, but for the park itself. What I am really asking is this: I know that concourse is out there beyond the LF seats, etc... so do you think it is going to be impossible to hit a ball "out" of Busch III?

Obviously it was impossible in Busch II (except for that one foul ball), and I'm not terribly sure about Busch I (aka Sportsmans). I've always thought it was a bit neat to be able to have sluggers literally pound one 'out the park, so I was just wonderin' what you thought about Busch III. Thanks!

Wow!! I've been away for awhile (life's too busy, but lately I've

been getting in two or three MVP games a week) and come back to find this!

I didn't even dare to dream that we'd get the new Busch for MVP '05.

Looks beautiful, Pirate.

Pirate - I was wondering if, during your 'reasearch' to make this stadium, if you found out approximate dimensions not for the FIELD, but for the park itself. What I am really asking is this: I know that concourse is out there beyond the LF seats, etc... so do you think it is going to be impossible to hit a ball "out" of Busch III?

I did a rough CAD version of the park, and it looks like it would take a shot of about 575' to hit a ball out on a path over the LF bullpen and bleachers (just to the right of the LF decks). So, unless Albert starts hanging out with the BALCO bunch, I don't think it'll happen. But it would be nice to be proven wrong.

It would take about 550' to take one down the LF line, but then you'd have to clear the roof.

Guess it could happen in MVP...

From the johnsebben.com forums:

"Took about 100 pics for what will be the 3rd to last photo gallery before opening day. (Will do one more at the April 4 exhibition game and then the weekend before opening day). These will be up tonight."

Archived