The New Busch Stadium a WIP

Pirate

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you TribeTime... I am just waiting on the ads. I think they are being put up as we speak.

Another disclaimer, no different than the others, but I see some new people who are intrested and have probably not read the thread. This stadium will not be a perfect replica by any means. Wall distances will not be correct in this first version, but will hopefully be updated at a later date. It should be good enough for all of us, but i don't want people getting all upset thinking I have recrreated the perfect and absolute replica.

Release date is coming soon.

I cant wait for this park from you Pirate. Thanks for the work you put into our games. By the way, how are you diggin the desert? If it wasnt so dry this would probably be a good time of year in Phoenix.

It rained all day Saturday and then snowed in the Mountains 15 minutes north. So this weekend was a pile of much needed crap. Of course I had visitors from the cold regions and they wanted sun and fun instead tehy got a couple inches of precipitation.

He said it like a million times already. Around opening day so he knows what all of the ads are.

Hey Pirate, when do you think it'll be done?

Sorry about the crap weather, funny that it's cloudy and crappy in Arizona, and sunny and warm in the Northeast.

Funny, but the only ad that I've seen up inside the stadium is an American Electronics ad in the top right corner of the out of town scoreboard (red text on white background). That was last week, though.

Don't know if you're interested in adding it, or if it is even possible, but they are working on ads for the back of the main scoreboard. There are Bank of America and Coca-Cola boards, one more that's blank, with a large Bud Light neon going up top. On the back of the out-of-town scoreboard, looks like they're going with ad panels around some sort of video display in the center. Haven't figured that one out yet. Anything similar at other new-retro parks?

The only other thing I've noticed is that at least the bottom left and bottom right signs on the main scoreboard will be changeable.

Sign installation isn't really progressing like I had assumed.

Looks like the Hardee's sign will be animated...guess it takes the place of the neon flying Cardinal in CF at Busch II.

Busch III Sponsors

I should be finishing everything up on this tonight. The structure will be done, the press boxes will be redone a bit, the Bud Light sign will be in place, the wall behind home plate should be finished and the skyline is going to be reconfigured. I am going to set up the ads, so that when they are finalized and fleshed out in real life I can just drop them in and be done with it. So we are just waiting on the ads to be placed on the various parts of the stadium.

I think we are a long way off seeing as the walls are not up, but the turf is being laid down as we speak.

I actually like the black roof on the new park, I think it adds something, overall, to the park. However, all my previous comments remain the same.

I just wish parks would try to find something unique, not quirky, just unique. Why don't ballpark architects takes lines and forms into account, rather than just spewing the same basic design at us all the time?

PNC is a great place to see a game, but in terms of architecture just doesn't compare to Kauffman.

Ok here is a photo from the KMOV new chopper... I can tell that the upper-left hand corner is a Schnucks ads and the upper-right hand ad is an electronics store that is mentioned in an earlier post, but what is below that.

Archived