kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

It looks like you've been putting in a lot of effort.

More than you'll ever know! :) Next time you post in the UR thread, thank Totte for all the hard work he's done, and even consider making a donation to his cancer fund. This is basically a part time job for him and myself, but we don't get paid for it. Let me tell you, it's totally worth it, though.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished the Mets. They have an overload of players at every level, so it was tough to be 100% accurate, but I think I did a good job. The St. Lucie team is absolutely stacked with talent. Next I'll do the Cubbies.

If you want to help me with the Mets, PM me. I'll need one or 2 people to look over what I did and make sure positions, ratings, etc. are done as well as they could be. Here's a preview of the Mets:

untitled13nu1.jpg

without Oliver, the Mets would've lost many more games. He has been a god send, long relieving and even coming late in the game. Against the Yankee is an example. Jeremi Gonzalez got killed, Oliver came in and pitched the rest, trying to kill some innings, the Mets ended up winning that game.

Darren Oliver's 2.something ERA not enough to overtake Victor Zambrano's recovering Tommy John elbow? ;)

Ahh, I didn't know it was TJ surgery. I figured he would be in the rotation over Oliver even if he was hurt. But if it's TJ, when is he returning next year? I might as well put Oliver or even Bannister in the rotation then. Thanks SS.

I thought that at least Zambrano would improve in the NL, justifying the trade for the Mets. But, they KNEW Zambrano was injured. The only reason you trade Kazmir was because they feared his small frame would become prone to injuries. (His shoulder is hurt right now, but, Zambrano did pretty much nothing for the Mets.)

Met fans should thank Al Leiter.

Hey KG and SwingingSoriano,

I just wanted to let you know that, no offense to Totte and all his hardwork, but I absolutely love your rosters. The ratings (both player and team) stances, styles, etc. are very accurate, IMO. I mean, honestly, there is no true standard for a roster set, but when a game just FEELS right playing it, it's due to the combination of datafile, slider and rosters. Before I started using the "Epic" rosters, everything felt right except for the players (whether it was the stances, pitch types/velocities, or other ratings). Your rosters complete the experience. Thank you.

I am looking forward to this release by KG, and I wanted to extend my help. I have been frequenting www.fanfaregames.com a lot lately (thanks to Ghostdog) and realized how absolutely remarkable their CAP creation techniques/results are. I was honestly going to start creating a hybrid of SS's major league rosters with Totte's minor league rosters and update the minor leaguers with CAPs created by fanfaregames. But since it appears KG is creating rosters, if you want me to I can update your minor leaguers with the CAPs from fanfaregames.

Once again, thank you and good luck with everything.

The Dynasty

I just wanted to let you know that, no offense to Totte and all his hardwork, but I absolutely love your rosters. The ratings (both player and team) stances, styles, etc. are very accurate

Is there a beta or something, if not then how do you know every thing is "very accurate"?

Couple things:

Thanks Dynasty for the kind words. I feel the exact same way about Soriano's roster, and that's why I wanted to include it in mine. Now just imagine Soriano's roster if he included all the minor leaguers that mine will. Pure bliss if you ask me, and that's what I hope everythone will think when using it. About the CAPs at Fanfare, I go there every so often and check the Unity projects and the CAPs section, and I have mixed reviews. Some of the guys there (redsox04282, MTMcQ) do a really good job of making them, while others overrate guys tremedously. No offense to some of the creators there, but I feel a CAP should be made from how good the prospect is now, not when he's at his prime, like some of the CAPs. I've added a couple CAPs into my roster when I couldn't find any info on a player, and the creator will get credit where it's due. Thanks again for the compliments!

Last thing. Lately I've been pondering whether or not to give people who have high jersey numbers (60+) either their number in the MLB, or the current minor league club they're on. For example, Jose Ascanio, in the Braves org., is #73 on the 40-man roster, and #51 on his regular team, the Mississippi Braves. Normally, since he probably won't get to play in Atlanta this season, I'd assign him #51 and be done with it. But for other players, the decision is a lot tougher. Take Kason Gabbard for instance, who won his first ML game last night for the Red Sox. #61 on the Red Sox and #33 for Pawtucket. Again, I'd usually give him 33 because he has a number in the bigs only rookies in Spring Training receive, but he's actually played in a ML game this season. So my question to you guys becomes:

Should I give players the # their ML teams give them or should I use the number of their current minor league team? If I give them their ML numbers, the roster would become a tiny bit more accurate, but it looks out of place when you have low numbers on a team and then a guy with # 86 and #65. Thanks for your help.

The real last thing: I will probably finish the Cubs org. tonight, and then start on the Nats. Any Cubs fans interested in editing what I've done, PM me your email address and I'll send them when I fisnish tonight. Thanks.

I'd give any minor leaguers that have an mlb-assigned number their mlb # and those that dont have one, can just have the minor league number.

Sure, they may change numbers next season, but that'll happen anyway for a lot of minor leaguers moving up through the system.

I don't think it's a problem having the 'high' mlb numbers in AA/A imo, and if it did annoy me I could just go and change the numbers myself in-game.

Just my 2c anyway.

Archived