A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

Real life rosters only. I don't follow real life injuries. I don't follow real life DL situations. I control my lineups as I see fit in my game. In other words, I play each game but I manage my team accordingly to what happens within the game.

For example, if Daric Barton is tearing it up at AAA and Dan Johnson isn't performing at the MLB level, I'm going to assess that situation as I see fit. If Rich Harden goes down with an injury, I deal with it 'in game'.

I've used ty's 'Team Changer' and optimized every team in the league, adjusting each team's starting lineups, rotations, etc.. Whatever the CPU does from there, except trades, I don't control. Just because Roger Clemens was put in the starting lineup for Houston, doesn't mean he will perform in this dynasty, so therefore the CPU may optimize this situation.

I've always played my dynasties this way. Last year, Eric Chavez went down with an injury 3 days before the playoffs began, and was out for the rest of the season. So I adjusted my roster accordingly.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Diego Padres

Starting Lineup 6-29-06

[/align]

*There will be no Starting Lineup Card or Pre Game Report for the next few days, as I am working with some different formats but I want to keep my games posted daily*

Oakland Athletics Starting Lineup

1. Antonio Perez - 2B

2. Milton Bradley - LF

3. Nick Swisher - RF

4. Jason Kendall - C

5. Jay Payton - CF

6. Eric Chavez - 3B

7. Bobby Crosby - SS

8. Dan Johnson - 1B

9. * Joe Blanton - SP

San Diego Batting Order/Lineup

1. Ryan Klesko - LF

2. Khalil Greene - SS

3. Brian Giles - RF

4. Vinny Castilla - 3B

5. Mike Piazza - C

6. Mike Cameron - CF

7. Geoff Blum - 2B

8. Mark Bellhorn - 1B

9. *Shawn Estes - SP

[align=center]Post Game Report

Game 3 (3 Game Series)[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Player of The Game - Nick Swisher

(3-4, 3HR, 6RBI)[/align]

[align=center]*Swisher's 3 Homeruns Bury Pads*[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

Joe Blanton (4-4, 3.97) pitched 6 1/3 innings with a 6 strikeout performance to secure the win for Oakland, taking the series 2 games to 1. Blanton allowed 2 runs on 6 hits without giving up a walk.

Dan Meyer (2.45), Kiko Calero (era just under 3), and left handed submariner Scott Sauerbeck (10.80) rounded out Oakland's pitching for the day, with Meyer claiming San Diego's final run in the bottom of the 8th inning on an RBI double (9th) by Mike Cameron (.286). Cameron also homered in the game (5) and drove in a pair of runs (17).

Nick Swisher hit his 12th, 13th, and 14th homeruns of the season, leading the way for Oakland with a powerful offensive performance, accounting for 6 of Oakland's 7 runs, bringing his RBI total to 43 for the season.

Left fielder Milton Bradley upped his batting average to .241 by going 3 for 5 with 3 singles and driving in a run (23). Bradley was also caught stealing for the 12th time this season.

For San Diego, left handed starter Shawn Estes (3-7, 6.22) pitched 4 innings, giving up all 7 of Oakland's runs. Estes, giving up his 11th homerun of the season, struck out 4 and walked 2. Chris Young (2.64), Jorge Campillo (6.17), and Dewon Brazelton (7.07) combined to pitch 5 innings, 4 strikeouts, and 1 base on balls. The relievers failed to give up a run.

Mark Bellhorn (10), Geoff Blum (10), and Mike Cameron (9), all doubled for San Diego, with Bellhorn (30), and Cameron (17) accounting for all 3 of the Padres' runs.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) Eric Chavez breaks the slump to line one down the first base line (Middle) Oakland celebrates their 2nd straight victory (right) San Diego clubhouse frustrated at the loss[/align]

Nick Swisher - I don't know what it was today. I went up there thinking fastball, and got 3 of them right down the middle and I just connected on all of them. I was in a zone, and it seemed like the rest of the guys just followed. We just need to keep this pace.

Milton Bradley - I was on base all day today. I'm starting to see the ball well, and good things happen when you can see the ball and be patient to wait on your pitch.

Ken Macha - Nick was unbelievable at the plate today. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the whole team.

The San Diego Clubhouse was unavailable for comment.

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

San Diego Pitching

San Diego Batting

*Oakland Moves On To Host A 3 Game Series With The Arizona Diamondbacks*

Swisher whopped butt! 3 Homers. Pretty good. Now all we need is Chavy to hit 3 :).

Needless to say, Estes had a bad day today. :) I'm not sure if I've ever done that in a game before (3 hr's-same guy), and I KNOW I've not done it on All-Star Level. Estes was throwing alot of inside fastballs and I was waiting on them.

Chavez actually got a hit in the game, so maybe things are looking up.

I hope you make it to the playoffs. Plus, i think you should make some deals of your own for once :lol:.

Thanks Dom, I'm going to play this out, playoffs or not. I actually got to the World Series last year (87-75) and got beat 4 games to 2 by St. Louis.

The year before that, it went down to me (Oakland) and Seattle on the last day of the season. Seattle beat me in the last game and took the division. Needless to say, I didn't make the playoffs and my 'season' was over for the year.

For me, it's about the 'content' of working with my team. If and when deals are made in the Majors, I'll make them on my game to the best that I can. If you look at my standings (posted above) check out the Mets. In real life, they are 47-31. I have made all the same moves they make in real life, and they have loaded up over the last couple of seasons. There are some teams (my dynasty) that aren't doing near like their counterpart, but alot of that has to do with 'in game' injuries.

I like it this way. It's a challenge, and it enables me to compare. For example, did you see that Nick Swisher struck out 5 times today?? In real life? :D

I had a much better day than he did. :)

[align=center]Arizona Diamondbacks @ Oakland Athletics

Starting Lineup 6-30-06

*There will be no *Starting Lineup Card* or *Pre Game Report* for the next few days, as I am working with some different formats but I want to keep my games posted daily*[/align]

Oakland Batting Order/Lineup

1. Marco Scutaro - 2B

2. Milton Bradley - CF

3. Nick Swisher - RF

4. Frank Thomas - DH

5. Jason Kendall - C

6. Bobby Kielty - LF

7. Eric Chavez - 3B

8. Dan Johnson - 1B

9. Bobby Crosby - SS

* Joe Kennedy - SP

Arizona Batting Order/Lineup

1. Chad Tracy - 3B

2. Johnny Estrada - C

3. Luis Gonzalez - LF

4. Tony Clark - 1B

5. Shawn Green - RF

6. Eric Byrnes - CF

7. Jeff DaVanon - DH

8. Scott Hairston - SS

9. Orlando Hudson - 2B

*Claudio Vargas - SP

[align=center]Post Game Report

Game 1 (3 Game Series)[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Player of The Game - Milton Bradley

(3-3, 2RBI, 1R, 2BB)[/align]

[align=center]*Oakland On 3 Game Winning Streak*[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) Luis Gonzalez starts the game off with a 1rst inning homerun (Right) It wasn't long before Oakland had the Dbacks running down balls in the gap

[/align]

Left handed starter Joe Kennedy, with an era just over 2, pitched 5 2/3 innings but failed to get a decision. Kennedy gave up 2 runs on 4 hits, striking out 2. Randy Keisler (1-1, 6.32) took home the win, pitching 2 1/3 innings, just giving up 1 hit and striking out 2. Dan Meyer (2.16) threw only 4 pitches to nail down his 2nd save of the season.

Milton Bradley (.249) went 3 for 3 (all singles) driving in his 24th and 25th RBI's of the season. Second baseman Marco Scutaro upped his average to .220 going 2 for 3 with a double (4). Scutaro scored twice and walked twice.

Nick Swisher (.288) didn't have quite the performance he had in his last game at San Diego, instead hitting his 12th double of the season and driving in his team leading 44th RBI of the year.

Designated Hitter Frank Thomas (.285) batted 4 times but failed to get on base. Catcher Jason Kendall (.279) and first basebman Dan Johnson (.260) both went 1 for 3 with singles, each walking one time in the game.

For Arizona, Claudio Vargas (4-6, 6.32) pitched 6 complete innings giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. Varagas also walked a total of 6 batters, and striking out 3. Vargas was credited with the loss.

Right handed fireballer Juan Cruz (5.79), who pitched for Oakland last year, came in for Vargas in the 7th inning, but failed to keep a run from scoring. Cruz pitched the remaining 2 innings, walking 2 more Oakland batters, and striking out 4.

[align=center]

(Left) Kennedy's reaction to Gonzalez's 1st inning homerun (Right) Milton Bradley continues his hot streak, driving in Scutaro

[/align]

Nick Swisher - It wasn't quite like the San Diego game, but I'm satisfied with our performance today. I don't have to be hitting 3 homeruns a game for us to win, and that's fine with me. As long as we keep winning.

Ken Macha - We're coming around now. This team is finally starting to hit the ball, and we proved today that we can hang in there and come back to win if we have to. I'm proud of these guys for not giving up. Eric (Chavez) will come around. I have no doubt about that. And when he does, we're only going to be better.

Luis Gonzalez - It was a tough loss out there today. We hung in there, but just couldn't break away when it was 2-2. Give credit to the Oakland players for hanging in there and getting the job done.

Arizona Pitching

Arizona Batting

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

Oakland's Win/Loss Record By Month

April *17-7

May *13-16

June *11-16

Oakland's Win/Loss Record vs.

Home *18-19

Road *23-20

West *14-11

Central *9-15

East *8-7

Last 10

6-4

Interleague Play Still Pending

*Video

*Bradley's Tie Breaking RBI (Play at the plate in 7th inning)*

[align=center]Arizona Diamondbacks @ Oakland Athletics

Starting Lineup 7-1-06

[/align]

[align=center]*Frank Thomas Will DH In The Fourth Spot*[/align]

Arizona Batting Order/Lineup

1. Chad Tracy - 3B

2. Johnny Estrada - C

3. Luis Gonzalez - LF

4. Tony Clark - 1B

5. Shawn Green - RF

6. Eric Byrnes - CF

7. Jeff DaVanon - DH

8. Scott Hairston - SS

9. Orlando Hudson - 2B

*Brandon Webb - SP

*Transactions

Antonio Perez to AAA from Oak

Mike Rouse from AAA to Oak

Dang man, no .300 hitters, thats too bad.

What are your guys OBPs? I doubt Marco Scutaro draws many walks for you.

I would suggest to lead off with Kendall, he seems more of a leadoff hitter then a four-hole hitter.

Up to you of course, its looking good.

Dang man, no .300 hitters, thats too bad.

What are your guys OBPs? I doubt Marco Scutaro draws many walks for you.

I would suggest to lead off with Kendall, he seems more of a leadoff hitter then a four-hole hitter.

Up to you of course, its looking good.

Good points, 27, and I might consider changing the leadoff guy. As far as.300 hitters, if you read from the beginning, I upped the level to All-Star and was (am) trying to adjust.

As far as the leadoff position, I'm still looking for a good contact guy (which Kendall is) with some speed (which Kendall is not). So, half the season isn't quite over and I'm still trying to figure how to configure the lineup. And so far I'm still in the thick of things in the division.

Thanks for the input, it's always good to see from a different perspective.

EDIT: You can't see the OBP on the lineup card ??

In real life:

Eric Chavez - .246

Jason Kendall - .277

Nick Swisher - .274

Frank Thomas - .239

Bobby Kielty - .287

Jay Payton - .283

Adam Melhuse - .229

Marco Scutaro - .224

Bobby Crosby - .251

Dan Johnson - .247

Mike Rouse - .292

I play my dynasties with real life rosters, and if you look at some of these numbers, it isn't so far fetched. This is the way it is if you don't trade for someone who isn't producing. You deal with it and try to win games. Sorry, but I'm not into wheeling and dealing for Arod just because Crosby has a bad couple of weeks.

But that's just my style. And as I've always said, to each their own. :)

It WIL get interesting. With the way everyone is playing right now the AL West should be a close race.

It's a tight race. If things keep up like this, it's going to be a dogfight through the rest of the summer.

I won't be posting for a couple of days, I have family from Europe visiting for the Holidays!

:beer: and fireworks! :)

Archived