A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to get Barton, Jason Perry, and Pennington called up. I'm in need of some offense. Just keeping my eye on the bats down there since Chavez and Kotsay couldn't produce.

Didn't I see you had a dynasty going too?

Yeah, but I just don't have the desire to actually play the game right now; I'm busy with my roster, work, and hanging out with friends. Once my roster's complete I'll actually follow through on a dynasty and play more than a few games. ;)

Hey JR. Kinda outa left field but what font is that you use in your sig.. that is cool as all hell..

I actually swiped the idea from someone who had used it earlier. Can't remember who it was though. It's called 'Scriptina'. If I remember right, I got it from www.dafonts.com.

No problem. The steps I take are easier than you think.

1. Take Screen Shot in game with Fraps

2. Open the pic (bmp) in Photoshop from the Fraps folder

3. Resize the .bmp according to how I'm going to use it. For example, I use mine on a Pre Game Report Card

4. After resizing, magnify the pic, and cutout with the lasso.

5. Use the erasor to remove pixels, cleaning up the best I can

6. Use the Blur Tool around the edges (only edges) to clean the pixels.

7. Save as jpeg or photoshop image.

8. After inserting my picture of the pitcher, use blending options as you see fit. I use drop shadow on the color cards.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Do you ever use the feather tool? I try to use the erasor tool to remove pixels but mine still didn't look even around the edges.

I try to feather it out. It really helps but is not as good as the example that you posted.

Can you maybe elaborate on how you use the blur tool and the blending option? Thanks.

Do you ever use the feather tool? I try to use the erasor tool to remove pixels but mine still didn't look even around the edges.

I try to feather it out. It really helps but is not as good as the example that you posted.

Can you maybe elaborate on how you use the blur tool and the blending option? Thanks.

I've never tried the Feather Tool. As far as the blur tool, I just make sure the image is magnified about 3 or 4 times larger than normal. I put the blur tool on about 10 and just lightly go around the edges of the pic.

As far as blending, the only thing I do for the pitchers is check the 'drop shadow' option in the Blending Options. Right click on the layer you're working on-select Blending Options-click Drop Shadow.

The methods I use are pretty simple because I don't know a whole lot about Photoshop yet, but I hope this helps.

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Diego Padres[/align]

[align=center]Starting Lineup 6-27-06[/align]

[align=center][/align]

San Diego Batting Order/Lineup

1. Ryan Klesko - LF

2. Khalil Greene - SS

3. Brian Giles - RF

4. Vinny Castilla - 3B

5. Mike Piazza - C

6. Mike Cameron - CF

7. Geoff Blum - 2B

8. Mark Bellhorn - 1B

9. *Woody Williams - SP

Are you going to place Rich Harden on the DL at some point for realism?

I can't control injuries in the real majors, and I can't control them in my game. (you can to a point) I just try to keep the realistic rosters and work with that best that I can.

With that said. NO :D:D

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Diego Padres

Post Game Report

Game 1 (3 Game Series)

Player of The Game - Woody Williams

(7 IP, 4 H, 7 SO,)

*Bellhorn Lifts Padres Past A's*[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Top Left/Right) Khalil Greene holds up on 2B after an Oakland throwing error-Scutaro with some great defense[/align][align=center](Bottom Left/Right) Geoff Blum and Jason Kendall homer[/align][align=center](Center) Mark Bellhorn doubles in the go ahead run[/align]

*Video

1. Kendall Barely Misses 2nd Homerun

2. Klesko Caught Looking At 100 mph Fastball

3. Klesko Fooled On Changeup

kendall,klesko,klesko

Both Vinny Castilla and Geoff Blum homer to start the firework show at Petco Park, lifting the Pads to a win

Padres pitcher Woody Williams (8-3, 3.42) kept the Oakland batters off balance through a 7 inning no decision performance. Williams gave up a 3 run homerun (8th) to Jason Kendall (.284) in the top of the 3rd, which proved to be Oakland's only offense.

Scott Linebrink (4-2, 2.54) got the win for San Diego, with Trevor Hoffman (3.13) picking up his 23rd save of the season. Linebrink and Hoffman pitched an inning apiece, each striking out 2.

Vinny Castilla (10) and Geoff Blum (6) each homered for the Padres, and Mark Bellhorn (.266) drove in the winning run with his 9th double of the season.

Milton Bradley (.235) went 2-3, scored a run and drew a base on balls, while Oakland catcher Jason Kendall (.284) provided all of Oakland's scoring with a 3 run homerun in the 3rd.

Rich Harden (6-4,2.11) pitched 6 innings, striking out 3. Harden avoided the loss giving up only one run.

Recently aquired from Cleveland, left hander Scott Sauerbeck (0-1, 18.00) saw his first performance in an Oakland uniform, giving up 2 runs and getting the loss for the A's.

Ken Macha - We're still struggling with our offense a bit, but we're coming around. We might have to bring some people back up from Sacramento to get our bats back on track.

Oakland Players Were Not Available For Comment

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

San Diego Pitching

San Diego Batting

Archived