A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

I don't know if u can really challenge for the division in the long run without Chavez at this point unless you trade him

I play with realistic rosters, so I'm forced to find solutions to things that happen like this. Sometimes it's a long process, but eventually I'll compensate the best that I can to fill each spot and get some production.

As of now, I'm keeping my eye on the minors. If it means shaking things up for awhile (call ups, send downs) I'm going to do what it takes to get someone in there.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go face him in an exhibition, and record his pitches and velocities for a few innings. it should work wonders for you, it helps me a lot.

Defintately. I usually do this if I haven't faced someone I KNOW is going to be tough. Even at that, it's going to take some concentration at each at bat. Once I start the game, I don't quit. So If I'm getting mowed down, this could get ugly. :borg:

just take more pitches. always take the first pitch, especially if you havent recorded the speeds of it. and wait until they get ahead before you swing, they tend to be too economical per game (its ridiculously hard to get them to throw 10-15 pitches an inning).

I just finished the game with Schmidt, and he was tough. I damn near pulled a muscle in my neck looking fastball only to get a 81mph circle change. :eew:

His pitches were mixed up as good as it gets. I'll be posting the Post Game Report soon..

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Francisco Giants

Post Game Report

Game 3 (3 Game Series)

Player of The Game - Jason Schmidt

(9 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 6 SO, 1 BB)

*Schmidt Dominant - Giants Claim Series*[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) Jason Schmidt in control on the mound (Right) Nick Swisher fails to beat out the double play[/align]

Giants ace Jason Schmidt (7-5, 3.54) proved why he's the number 1 starter in San Francisco's pitching rotation. Schmidt tossed a 2 hitter and went the distance for his 7th win of the season, mowing down Oakland batters in precise fashion.

Schmidt - I'm at the top of my game right now. I felt like I could get anybody out that stepped up to the plate. My fastball had some pop and they had trouble all day hitting my circle change.

Omar Vizquel (.294) and Barry Bonds (.369) each homered for the Giants, after Vizquel was robbed earlier on a fantastic play made by Oakland's left fielder Jay Payton (see video clip). For Bonds, it was his 17th homerun of the season, and Vizquel's 5th.

Vizquel - I got the first one, there's no doubt, but he (Payton) just climbed up the wall and made a great grab and came down with it. Call it revenge if you want, but they weren't getting the one I hit in the 7th.

Dan Jonnson - Schmidt was unbelievable out there today. He was throwing hard and mixing his pitches better than I've seen all year. He was unhittable today.

Jason Kendall - This is the best pitching performance we've faced all year, and we didn't respond. We're going to face guys like this during the season, and we've got to do a better job at putting the bat on the ball against guys like this. He (Schmidt) was great today, what can I say.

Marco Scutaro - Our defense has been pretty good all year, but we threw a couple of balls away in the infield that cost us a run. I'm not taking anything away from Schmidt today. We couldn't hit him, and that's why we lost.

(Left) Jason Schmidt scores on an errant throw by Adam Melhuse (Right) Dan Johnson drops a routine throw by Scutaro

Bonds drops his 17th homefun of the season into McCovey Cove

*Video (Jay Payton Robs Omar Vizquel Of A Homerun)

Payton Grab

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

San Francisco Pitching

San Francisco Battting

*Oakland Moves On To Face San Diego In A 3 Game Series*

Here's an example of (Photoshop File-Jpeg) a pitcher template:

How come you don't have any blurry spots around your pitcher? Do you use the eraser to remove the pixels around the pitcher and then select with the magic wand?

If it is not too much of a hassle can you give me the steps you take to clean out your pitcher?

This is what I am doing right now.

1.Screenshot from within game.

2.Paste in paint.

3.Save as .bmp.

4.Open in photoshop. Use erase tool to remove the background.

5.Use magic wand to select.

Eventually I TRY to do a transparency.

Ofcourse, I would really like to know the steps that you take.

How come you don't have any blurry spots around your pitcher? Do you use the eraser to remove the pixels around the pitcher and then select with the magic wand?

If it is not too much of a hassle can you give me the steps you take to clean out your pitcher?

This is what I am doing right now.

1.Screenshot from within game.

2.Paste in paint.

3.Save as .bmp.

4.Open in photoshop. Use erase tool to remove the background.

5.Use magic wand to select.

Eventually I TRY to do a transparency.

Ofcourse, I would really like to know the steps that you take.

No problem. The steps I take are easier than you think.

1. Take Screen Shot in game with Fraps

2. Open the pic (bmp) in Photoshop from the Fraps folder

3. Resize the .bmp according to how I'm going to use it. For example, I use mine on a Pre Game Report Card

4. After resizing, magnify the pic, and cutout with the lasso.

5. Use the erasor to remove pixels, cleaning up the best I can

6. Use the Blur Tool around the edges (only edges) to clean the pixels.

7. Save as jpeg or photoshop image.

8. After inserting my picture of the pitcher, use blending options as you see fit. I use drop shadow on the color cards.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks JR. Really appreciate it. I haven't used fraps. Guess I will give it a try now.

www.fraps.com

No problem. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with your 'models.'

Hey cyber, I seen you had a rough game today. Looked like a good pitching duel. Low scoring.

Looked like a great game, though.

I felt like I was still in the game until the 7th when Vizquel hit the 3 run homer. That kind of took the wind out of a rally, but I didn't give up coming into the 8th.

Schmidt was a little too tough though. He had his breaking stuff working and alot of the things I put the bat on just didn't make it out of the infield.

The presentation for games is absolutely magnificent!

Thanks kg. It's been an interesting season so far too. The division is tight and I've got a few key players in the minors trying to make it back up to the Bigs.

I'm going to try to stay in this thing and regroup by at the All-Star Break. I'm 1.5 games out of 1rst, so I'm gearing up for a second half run and try to put some distance between me and the other teams.

Archived