A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

Yeah. I had one called Bringing back the boston glory days but I copied over a new dynasty over the previous one. I am thinking of doing a new one but with much better things on it. You know have all the cool stuff in it.

I recently got photoshop and I am going to play around with it to make my dynasty more enjoyable.

I still love the way you do the pregame things. Really cool.

Sounds great. If you have any questions about Photoshop, I'll help you out if you need it. Like I said, I'm still in the 'learning' stages of everything, but trial and error goes a long way.

DUnit's right, resizing can be time consuming, but if you stick with one format it starts to become second nature.

Looking forward to seeing your dynasties!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraps screenshot during game. Open in Photoshop-resize-cutout-erase surroundings.

I'll blend (blur) the edges of the pic to smooth out the pixels, and according to whatever background I'm using for my pre game report, I'll configure blending options as I go. Mostly just 'drop shadow' since the pics of the pitchers are pasted on a 'color card' background.

BTW, I can live with a 4. :)

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Francisco Giants

Post Game Report

Game 2 (3 Game Series)

Player of The Game - Joe Kennedy

(6.1 IP, 7H, 0ER, 2 SO)[/align]

[align=center]*Oakland Blanks San Francisco - Take Game 2*[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) The Giants take the field under a looming sky (Middle/Right) Antonio Perez with some outstanding defense [/align]

[align=center]Jamey Wright (2-6, 4.03) gave up 4 runs (all earned) on 6 hits in 5 innings. Wright struck out 5 Oakland batters but picked up his 6th loss of the season. Matt Kinney (2-0, 2.82) and Brad Hennessey (0-0, 4.65) finished out the pitching, each going 2 innings and striking out a combined total of 6 batters. Hennessey was credited with the 5th Oakland run.[/align]

[align=center]Moises Alou (.333/13hr/46rbi), Lance Niekro (.244/5hr/31rbi), and Mike Matheny (.236/3hr/46rbi) all went 2 for 4 for San Francisco, with Matheny adding his (10th) double of the season. Matheny's double was the only extra base hit for the Giants all day.

Barry Bonds (.371/16hr/52rbi) went 0 for 3 at the plate with a walk, but stood out on some great defensive plays in left field.[/align]

[align=center]For Oakland, Joe Kennedy (4-3, 2.44) nailed down his 4th win of the season, going 6 1/3 innings, giving up 7 hits and striking out 2. Kennedy only gave up one walk, and held the Giants scoreless.

Set Up man Kiko Calero (2-2, 3.00) gave up 2 hits and struck out 1 in 2 1/3 innings.

Recentley being called up from AAA Sacramento, left hander Mario Ramos saw his first action in the Bigs by facing pinch hitter Steve Finley (.324/3hr/13rbi) in the bottom of the ninth. Finley grounded out to end the game, handing Oakland it's first win of the series.[/align]

[align=center]Jason Kendall (.288) doubled (9th) in the top of the 4th, but it was Bobby Kielty (.228), Adam Melhuse (.250), and pitcher Joe Kennedy that provided the run support for Oakland.

Milton Bradley (.233) walked and scored a run, and Nick Swisher (.293) went 0 for 5, striking out twice.[/align]

Giants Manager- Felipe Alou - Our defense was awful out there today. Our infield couldn't hold on to the ball, and we couldn't find anybody to throw it to. We left alot of guys on base and just couldn't get that extra base hit to get them home. We're going to have to play better baseball than we played today, or we might as well go home in August.

Jose Vizcaino - I just couldn't hold on to the ball today. I don't know if my timing was off or what, but it just wasn't my day. Committing 2 errors a game out there isn't going to help your team.

Mike Matheny - It just wasn't our day. We'll come back tomorrow and do it again, but we're going to have to tighten up and make the plays. This is the Big Leagues, we're going to have to be better than this.

Joe Kennedy - I didn't want to leave when coach pulled me in the 7th, my arm was feeling better than it has all year. I thought I could go the distance, but they're monitering my pitch count so I don't blow my elbow out again. They're the bosses, I just do what I'm told to do. All in all, it was great to get the win today.

Oakland Head Coach - Ken Macha - Our defense was incredible out there today. Tony (Antonio Perez) and Marco (Scutaro) made some fantastic plays and saved a couple of runs. The moves we had to make are paying off. These two guys want to prove that they belong up here, and so far they're doing a great job. Not to mention our pitchers, who are continually putting the bat on the ball. I can't ask more from these guys.

Dan Johnson - We're finally hitting the ball now. Everybody is contributing and doing their part. Let's just hope it stays this way and we can keep up with Texas.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) Mike Matheny doubles down the left field line (Right) Marco Scutaro reaches on an error by Vizcaino[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) Pitcher Joe Kennedy hits a single up the middle (Right) Oakland celebrates the victory at SBC Park[/align]

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

San Francisco Pitching

San Francisco Batting

[align=left]*Bonus Video* - Marco Scutaro Long Throw To First Base[/align]

Scutaro

*Oakland Notes* (6-24-06)

(LHP) Mario Ramos from Oak to AAA Sacramento

(LHP) Scott Sauerbeck from AAA Sacramento to Oak

(IF) Scott McClain from AAA Sacramento to AA Midland

(OF) Danny Putnam from AAA Sacramento to AA Midland

(IF) Brian Snyder from AAA Sacramento to AA Midland

(OF) Jason Perry from AA Midland to AAA Sacramento

(OF) Doug Clark from AA Midland to AAA Sacramento

(IF) Adam Morrissey from AA Midland to AAA Sacramento

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Francisco Giants[/align]

[align=center]Starting Lineup (6-25-06)[/align]

[align=center][/align]

San Francisco Lineup/Batting Order

1. Omar Vizquel - SS

2. Moises Alou - RF

3. Barry Bonds - LF

4. Randy Winn - CF

5. Pedro Feliz - 2B

6. Lance Niekro - 1B

7. Mike Matheny - C

8. Jose Vizcaino - 3B

9. *Jason Schmidt - SP

no, its fine. its perfect, actually. the only reason i stopped playing every game was because i didnt want to spend too much time on it, and i have too much going on in my life. but this is awesome, keep it up.

no, its fine. its perfect, actually. the only reason i stopped playing every game was because i didnt want to spend too much time on it, and i have too much going on in my life. but this is awesome, keep it up.

I'm actually having a blast doing the Dynasty (and fortunately I have the time), I've been looking around and I notice alot of the Dynasties die off pretty quick.

I play a game a day, so it's not too time consuming. I know how slow a season can be, and I don't want to bore anyone. I guess I'll figure it out when someone tells me to STOP! :)

Batting (.182/0 hr/2 rbi's). In the (almost) 10 years I've been playing my seasons, he has never stooped this low.

Game glitch?? ;)

i say put him in AA for a "rehab stint" and if he does well in a few games bring him back up.

The next game should be a good pitching matchup. Watch out for Jason's fastball :)

This matchup should be a great one. Zito doesn't give up alot of runs, and he should be able to go at least 7 innings. I know Schmidt it tough, I'm going to have to go in and take a look at him before my game.

It should be a low hitting/scoring game.

i say put him in AA for a "rehab stint" and if he does well in a few games bring him back up.

I may try this. Chavez is too valuable to be sitting down there, but he was awful through about 65 games at the Big League level. He had no power, and was hitting evertying weak to left field. His defense held up, but Melhuse is doing a decent job at third, and his hitting is slowly improving. I miss Chavez's arm there, but sometimes you have to compensate.

This matchup should be a great one. Zito doesn't give up alot of runs, and he should be able to go at least 7 innings. I know Schmidt it tough, I'm going to have to go in and take a look at him before my game.

It should be a low hitting/scoring game.

go face him in an exhibition, and record his pitches and velocities for a few innings. it should work wonders for you, it helps me a lot.

Archived