A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough loss man. BTW, how is Chavy doin' in the minors?

He's starting to pick it up a bit. I'm going to have to go down and get Chavez and Crosby back. My infield arm strength just isn't cutting it, and they're making errors that are costing me games.

My outfield is pretty solid, so I might leave Kotsay down for awhile. A nice little win streak couldn't hurt right now.

Wow man, i really love this dynasty. How much time you put into it is astonishing. Great job.

Also, do you use Fraps to capture movies?

Thanks Bigschiff7. Not too time consuming, just a game a day. To answer your question, I do use Fraps for movies and screenshots. :)

He's starting to pick it up a bit. I'm going to have to go down and get Chavez and Crosby back. My infield arm strength just isn't cutting it, and they're making errors that are costing me games.

My outfield is pretty solid, so I might leave Kotsay down for awhile. A nice little win streak couldn't hurt right now.

Yea, i think its time too. I like the OF but the IF are costing you ballgames with stupid errors. I think you need to turn it up a notch in the IF.

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Diego Padres

Starting Lineup 6-28-06

[/align]

* Transactions*

Eric Chavez from AAA Sacramento to Oak

Bobby Crosby from AAA Sacramento to Oak

Keith Ginter from Oak to AAA Sacramento

Charles Thomas from Oak to AAA Sacramento

San Diego Batting Order/Lineup

1. Ryan Klesko - LF

2. Khalil Greene - SS

3. Brian Giles - RF

4. Vinny Castilla - 3B

5. Mike Piazza - C

6. Mike Cameron - CF

7. Geoff Blum - 2B

8. Mark Bellhorn - 1B

9. *Tim Stauffer - SP

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Diego Padres

Post Game Report

Game 2 (3 Game Series)

Player of The Game - Milton Bradley

(2-3, HR, RBI)[/align]

[align=center]*Danny Haren Mows Down Padres*[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Ryan Klesko (1), Khalil Greene (2), Vinny Castilla (2), Mike Cameron (1), and Mark Bellhorn (1) all go down on strikes to Danny Haren [/align]

Danny Haren (2-3, 4.71) pitched 7 innings sriking out 7, giving up 3 hits and 0 runs in a 69 pitch performance. Haren was in control from the beginning, giving up his first hit (single) to Brian Giles (.331) in the bottom of the 4th inning. Giles and Mike Cameron (.283) got the other 2 hits off Haren in the 7th inning, both singles.

Brian Sweeney (2.52) and Scott Linebrink (2.49) filled out the pitching for San Diego, combining for 3 strikeout, with Sweeney getting credited for Oakland's 2nd run of the game.

For the A's, Milton Bradley (.235) struck out twice in the game but went deep (7) off of Tim Stauffer (2-8, 5.51) in the top of the 5th to give Oakland a 1 run lead.

Antonio Perez (1.69) provided Oakland's only other run with a single up the middle that drove Bobby Crosby (.215) across the plate in the top of the 8th inning.

Recently called back up from AAA Sacramento, Bobby Crosby went 2 for 3 with 2 singles.

Also recently called up from Sacramento, Eric Chavez (.216) went 0-4 with a strikeout.

Left hander Randy Kiesler (7.42) pitched 1 inning and closer Huston Street (1.11) shut the door earning his (19th) save of the season.

[align=center]

Brian Giles saves a double in the gap with some outstanding defense[/align]

San Diego Catcher Mike Piazza - He (Haren) was tough out there today. His fastball was coming in at around 98 mph and he was putting it where he wanted to today. We couldn't hit him.

Bobby Crosby - I had a decent game today. They called me back up and I had something to prove. If I want to play in this league, I have to produce.

Eric Chavez - I got a couple pitches to hit, and Giles took one away from me. I'm seeing the ball better, I just need to stay focused.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Haren kept the Padres hitters off balance all day with ground outs and weak pop ups[/align]

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

San Diego Pitching

San Diego Batting

well looks like crosby had a decent game - but why is chavez struggling so much!?

think a trade might be in order if he doesn't turn it around?

I can't understand it either. Even when he gets a hold of the ball, he might laser it down the line, but can't get any lift on it. I only do real life trades, so he better start hitting. :?

Thanks sf. Personally, this is why I like to keep real life rosters. From my experience, it takes a little more strategy to work through your problems rather than jump on a quick fix.

But as I've also said, to each their own. That's just me.

Thanks sf. Personally, this is why I like to keep real life rosters. From my experience, it takes a little more strategy to work through your problems rather than jump on a quick fix.

But as I've also said, to each their own. That's just me.

this is true - when i did my previous royals dynasty i went by the rosters the royals used on each corresponding day. it's definitely a different experience. again, good luck with your squad :D

this is true - when i did my previous royals dynasty i went by the rosters the royals used on each corresponding day. it's definitely a different experience. again, good luck with your squad :D

One day, I would like to be able to mod my old high school team (jerseys, logos, names). I've never seen a 'high school' game on the market, but it could be pretty fun.

One day, I would like to be able to mod my old high school team (jerseys, logos, names). I've never seen a 'high school' game on the market, but it could be pretty fun.

that's a hell of an idea. if madden was more mod-friendly i would probably push more for my HS football team though - second in state my senior year. my baseball team was...well...we played baseball... :D

that's a hell of an idea. if madden was more mod-friendly i would probably push more for my HS football team though - second in state my senior year. my baseball team was...well...we played baseball... :D

I actually did this back in the old High Heat days. It was very cool to see your old High School name of the front of the jerseys, colors and so on. We won the state championship in (HS Baseball) in 2002 when Barmes was here, but when I played......well....we played baseball too. :D

Our HS team wears Green/Orange w/pinstripes Strange, but it works.

I actually did this back in the old High Heat days. It was very cool to see your old High School name of the front of the jerseys, colors and so on. We won the state championship in (HS Baseball) in 2002 when Barmes was here, but when I played......well....we played baseball too. :D

Our HS team wears Green/Orange w/pinstripes Strange, but it works.

yeah, can't say i've seen green/orange before - but i can see how if mixed right it would be possible. not quite as well as orange and black - or green and yellow...but close enough :D

ours is red, black, and white. red home and white away the main colors - black the letters and trim work.

I'm thinking of going the same route and only make trades that actually happen in real life.

I'll definately be checking it out then. Another thing I like to do is compare my 'real roster' stats to their real life counter part. This goes for League Leaders and Standings, etc..

For example, it's going to be interesting to see how Detroit will do in my dynasty, since they have the same roster as the real MLB team, but just a year ago they were terrible.

Anyway, I'll definately be checking it out.

Archived