What age should you stop playing video games.

UncleMo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I feel like a "baby" cmpared to some of the others. I am 42 and still love playing Madden, MVP, NBA, and NHL just as much if not more when I was in my teens and 20s. It is fun and allows me to relax from the daily challenges of being a good husband, father to my 2 year old daughter. I still love the challenges of trying to win championshps with the Reds, Bengals, Colts, Pacers, Bruins, and Blue Jackets. I think that it is sad that some consider it "foolish" for grown folks to be kids at heart. My wife knows she married a grown kid 15 years ago and I will always be one!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

My Dad plays a game called City of Heroes regularly, and he just turned 50.

Dad spent most of his life since he was 15 working in a mill, and, though he has natural writing talents (that he passed on to yours truly, I suppose), he never got a chance to use them.

Until he started playing this game. Then he got his work published in a comic book. The video game is actually fulfilling a creative need in his life. Which is kinda cool, I guess.

--Eric

you should never stop something you enjoy. everyone should have a hobby. there's no age limit on when you should start or stop watching baseball. if it brings joy to your life, then it makes no sense to stop it because people wanna tell you it's "immature". unless of course it's obviously anti-social...ie criminal activity or bottle feeding when you're 18 years old, etc....

and last i checked, games aren't really considered as such.

That's like asking "When should you stop reading books?" or "When should you stop going to movies?", which both look like pretty ridiculous questions. And with the popularity of MMO games and communities like this one, gaming is evolving to include a rich social aspect, which should help quell some of the external criticism of it over time.

As for me, I'm 45, started gaming with Strat-O-Matic and other paper baseball games when I was about 10 and hope that I never feel too old to continue.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the best threads I've read on this site. Home run by UncleMo!! I'm 53 and I play an hour or two every evening. I will always choose a video game - usually MVP of course - over staring dumbly at the tube and I think as you age they actually help to keep your mind sharp. Besides, when a PC game comes along (and I have a bookcase full) with the replayability and relevance of MVP Baseball 2005-07, supported by this great website, I'll be playing it until my frickin' arthritic thumbs fall off.

If we do start playing back in time with a b&w old pong machine, and enjoy it!

Why in this world -we should stop now- when we can play way more creative and complex games in a 32bits/64millions colors 22"/2ms screen?

I'll keep playing till I'm able to make that nasty El Duque's slider break down and away making all those big guys look like.... girls :D

btw I am ageless like him, we are both born in Havana in 1966, I guess LOL

Archived