Was wondering if or has anybody tried 4x mods?

boricuapapi1885

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew, looks like my schoolin' be paying off! Thanks for the back-up, cruecu...

All right, being an enginerd, I have to jump in. 4X is actually 4x4, because it is in two dimensions, sideways and up and down, and is 16X bigger than 1X. So yes, 16X (16x16) is actually 16x bigger than 4X and is 256X bigger than 1X. If it helps, take a square and draw a line down the middle and across the middle. You just took a 1x1 square and made it 2x2, but it now has 4X the squares.

Sorry, I had to step in, because I am an engineer and we ALWAYS have to step in on these matters. I dont understand it either. I have officially stepped down from my soap box.

Go Tigers!

Royals blue alternate 4x, featuring last year's Nike undershirt...

4xjersey002hp6.png

So my work is probably going to end with these two jerseys... unless someone can link me to a website where I can get closeup, front, and hi-rez views of major league jerseys.

I was able to get the 'Royals' script for the above jersey from the Royals photo day shots from spring training. All of the pictures from Pressbox were straight ahead and very hi-rez, so thats how I got the script to look a little more life-like.

But now the problem is they only wear one jersey for photo day, so I have two Royals jerseys left to do and I can't find a hi-rez shot of the actual jersey I need. This should be a problem for the rest of the MLB as well.

So if anyone knows of a website where I can zoom in on actual jerseys or get hi-rez shots of jerseys, let me know.

Spungo,

Do you plan on making and releasing any unis for '07?

Of course! Royals and all minor league affiliates, though -- probably nothing anyone would really be interested in. But hey, there's no telling what I could do next year... if the price is right.

Anyways, it all depends on what KC does. I did all the accessories in his update and I have 4x copies of all of them, so if he'd help out with jerseys we might be able to put something together. But DON'T quote me on that. I know he's getting a bit burned out and I know I wouldn't particularly want to do teams besides the Royals.

But as we all know, there's a long baseball drought after the world series, so in terms of modding, anything could happen during that time...

Of course! Royals and all minor league affiliates, though -- probably nothing anyone would really be interested in.

Oh, I'm definately interested. KC does a great job with the Major League uniforms. I just wish we had someone to tackle the minors like that. I've made some uniforms, but nothing to the detail that ya'll do.

I'll be on the lookout for your stuff. Thanks.

yeah, me too. good stuff.

but hey, if you guys are getting a little burnt, i'm always willing to help out if needed. i'm still fairly new to the uniform modding, but i've learned quite a bit along the way. i've just found that i've run outta ideas on what to do at times. that's why i just started to tackel audo and cyberface mods too. who knows, maybe i'll do stadiums too! well, let's not talk crazy yet.

Archived