TheSpungo's Total Mod Thread

thespungo

Contained within the friendly confines of this thread will be everything that I have created with my own two hands. There is no longer a need for a new thread to be created each time I release a mod, therefore I'd like to ask that you please keep all inquiries about my uniform accessories in this one thread.

This first page will be updated with every new creation I churn out the minute it's done, and the following pages will be for our comments and witty banter.

Uniforms:

---------------

theSpungo's 2007 MLB Uniforms 2x (Hi-Res)

http://eamods.com/Downloads/details/id=282.html

theSpungo's 2007 MLB Uniforms 1x (Low-Res)

http://eamods.com/Downloads/details/id=325.html

theSpungo's Black Braves Concept

http://eamods.com/Downloads/details/id=383.html

theSpungo's 2007 Kansas City Royals -- Director's Cut

http://eamods.com/Downloads/details/id=248.html

Other:

------------

theSpungo's Ball, Bats, and Gloves

http://eamods.com/Downloads/details/id=337.html

theSpungo's Fielding Gloves 6.0

http://eamods.com/Downloads/details/id=305.html

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spungo, question(s):

Your fielding glove mod 5.0 comes with files and .bmps. Are we supposed to be able to take those .bmps and make diff. gloves if we wanted different ones? I've seen cooler gloves in other previews like the Pujols glove and then I installed the mod like you said to and I was less impressed. I guess I thought that I'd have a pop up window come up telling me to choose wich one I wanted, like, the bat mod.

Along with that, I want to know if you or someone reading this can tell me how to put dirt on your gloves. Like, your red one. I sort of can see why someone called it cartoonish. Sort of. I still like it but want to add something to it. You know how Trues added dirt to his baseball and something else the other day that has escaped my mind. I want to do that.

Lastly, I really enjoyed looking through your generic uniform accessories. My favorite thing was the shoes. That and the catcher's gear were quite amazing. Thanks for the upload.

Spungo, question(s):

Your fielding glove mod 5.0 comes with files and .bmps. Are we supposed to be able to take those .bmps and make diff. gloves if we wanted different ones? I've seen cooler gloves in other previews like the Pujols glove and then I installed the mod like you said to and I was less impressed. I guess I thought that I'd have a pop up window come up telling me to choose wich one I wanted, like, the bat mod.

The installer I included only installs the basic gloves that overwrite each default color glove (my super powers only permit me to make simple batch files, nothing compared to most 'installers' found on this site). But if you want a little more pizazz, you totally can using NFSHtool. Download NFSHtool, check out the readme, and then you should be set to roll. With NFSHtool, you only need to swap out .bmp files that you want included in the .fsh file, which is then installed in the game. If you download the program and still can't figure it out, I guess I can write a brief little tutorial so people won't need to ask me how to do this anymore.

Along with that, I want to know if you or someone reading this can tell me how to put dirt on your gloves. Like, your red one. I sort of can see why someone called it cartoonish. Sort of. I still like it but want to add something to it. You know how Trues added dirt to his baseball and something else the other day that has escaped my mind. I want to do that.

I'm still not sure which glove everyone thinks is cartoonish. I thought the original Easton glove I use to include was the most cartoony, but I've since replaced that with a red Nike in my installer that I think looks pretty sharp.

But regardless, you can totally put dirt on them if you'd like. As for directions on that, I have none. Looking briefly at Photoshop I don't really see a specific pattern that would provide a dirt effect, so I'm not sure how those other dirty modders were able to add it.

Lastly, I really enjoyed looking through your generic uniform accessories. My favorite thing was the shoes. That and the catcher's gear were quite amazing. Thanks for the upload.

Anything to please my favorite online uncle! I'm glad to see that people are downloading and checking it out...

• 1 month later...

Couldn't the fielding gloves thread, so I'll just post it here.

Whenever I click on the install.bat (after extracting it to the main mvp 2005 directory) it says it can't open packfile 'datainitstaz.big' ... and therefore the gloves don't show up in the game.

Am I doing something wrong?

Couldn't the fielding gloves thread, so I'll just post it here.

Whenever I click on the install.bat (after extracting it to the main mvp 2005 directory) it says it can't open packfile 'datainitstaz.big' ... and therefore the gloves don't show up in the game.

Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe your initstaz.big file is corrupted. Try replacing it with the original file from the cd.

• 2 months later...

sorry to come back at this, but I just replaced my initstaz.big file with the original one but I still have the same problem. It also says that my initstay.big cannot be unpacked, which is a file I don't even have (it also isn't on the original cd). Do you know what this problem is?

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be releasing my 2007 Kansas City Royals uniform set here in the next few hours. As KC works on my preview picture, I'll show you the progress I've made since last year:

2006 Version: --------------------------------- 2007 Version:

0022gc8.png0022bp7.png

0021dx2.png0021pn8.png

0022ae9.png0022br4.png

1. Are we aloud to just take your freaking awesome stuff, put it on our uniforms we create, and release it?

2. And, I'm assuming we should be listing you for credit.

Would this same principle apply if I start using templates for unis. Like, KC has a template posted and maybe someone else, I don't know. Is doing this in both instances common courtesy, common practice, common sense-of which you're now assuming I do not have.