Tracking Dynasties?

Trues

I'm working on an idea that would allow users to upload their dynasties to maybe make it a little more interesting for others to follow. Would something like this interest any of you?

Here is a very basic structure I have set up so far. If there are enough people interested, I'd like to expand on the idea quite a bit more including adding boxscores, dynasty front pages, etc..

Here's what I have so far.

http://www.mvpmods.com/MVPmods_Dynasties.html

Is it worth it? would people use it? or is it a waste of time?

If you have any ideas or questions, please let me know.

I'm lovin this idea!

Trues, maybe could you show us what a game recap and box score would look like?

Also, would there be an option by the members to remove their dynasty? I know there are plenty of people here who have started a dynasty and decided not to continue for whatever reason. This might reduce clutter.

Maybe if it was ok with Ty, the box scores could be posted in the format from his BoxScoreExtractor...just tossing out some ideas and maybe some people could throw in ideas for a template so you can choose how to make it look?

Maybe if it was ok with Ty, the box scores could be posted in the format from his BoxScoreExtractor...just tossing out some ideas and maybe some people could throw in ideas for a template so you can choose how to make it look?

Someone could try to get the author of MVPSavReader to create links to the boxscores for each completed game on the schedule.

By the way. I'm using KG's rosters that were included in MVP 2007, and I'm not having any problems with MVPSavReader.

Hell yeah Trues, because the reason I quit my last one, was because I just couldnt compete with all the guys having photoshop and things like that, to make it so professional. I think this is a brilliant idea, and I would bet, we would have alot less unfinished dynasties, and alot more people interested in doing them.

Im def up for it! ! ! :wtg:

I have KG's rosters, but I need the update to fix cyberface issues, and I too have problems with the savreader for whatever reason.

Someone could try to get the author of MVPSavReader to create links to the boxscores for each completed game on the schedule.

By the way. I'm using KG's rosters that were included in MVP 2007, and I'm not having any problems with MVPSavReader.

This is exactly what I was thinking as far as the boxscores. If you look at my schedule page now, I manually linked the last 7 games I played to the boxscores. Now if we can only have this done automatically, we'd be in business.

BTW, I'm not having any problems with MVPSavReader either.

I'm working on an idea that would allow users to upload their dynasties to maybe make it a little more interesting for others to follow. Would something like this interest any of you?

Here is a very basic structure I have set up so far. If there are enough people interested, I'd like to expand on the idea quite a bit more including adding boxscores, dynasty front pages, etc..

Here's what I have so far.

http://www.mvpmods.com/MVPmods_Dynasties.html

Is it worth it? would people use it? or is it a waste of time?

If you have any ideas or questions, please let me know.

Hey Trues - could you please elaborate on the different things that could be added in? Would there be options to add in pics, maybe game previews, etc...

Also, will this somehow limit users in such a way that we can only upload MVP SavReader or the Box Score files? The thing is, I am posting more than just SavReader/Box Scores files in my dynasty and was wondering if you would be able to implement something through which I could continue with that.

But, all in all, this does sound pretty neat, its just that I don't understand this idea completely.

Archived