Tracking Dynasties?

Trues

Where would the descriptions go - the parts that really make the dynasties interesting to follow?

I'm thinking about having a front page for each dynasty where this information could go.

I'm looking for ideas and even a few good men to maybe help with some things.

I could go as far as suggestions, I'm not good with hands on things on the computer lol. The front page idea sounds good, perhaps something MLB-like? Like a news feed from whatever the dynasty creator posts and some pictures, even a league leader showing?

I'm thinking about having a front page for each dynasty where this information could go.

I'm looking for ideas and even a few good men to maybe help with some things.

Well, I haven't touched PHP in a while, and I wasn't that good at it when I did touch on it, but if you want, I could help you (or try to.)

I prefer U.R. though. Thats really not an option for me.

Perhaps we can figure out whats wrong with the U.R. to make it compatible with MVPsavreader.

What version of U.R. are you using 27? I think you've asked me before, but I'm using the one that came with the 07 mod. Haven't done anything special with it and haven't had any problems with SavReader. Wish I could help you more.

Trues:

Love the idea. I do think there needs to be a "front page" or something similar for the dynasty makers to post stories, pictures, etc. to make their dynasty stand out more.

I also like D-Unit's idea of being able to delete dynasties as the dynasty thread is full of unfinished or never started threads.

What version of U.R. are you using 27? I think you've asked me before, but I'm using the one that came with the 07 mod. Haven't done anything special with it and haven't had any problems with SavReader. Wish I could help you more.

Trues:

Love the idea. I do think there needs to be a "front page" or something similar for the dynasty makers to post stories, pictures, etc. to make their dynasty stand out more.

I also like D-Unit's idea of being able to delete dynasties as the dynasty thread is full of unfinished or never started threads.

The latest. I don't have the 07 mod installed because I decided it was too much of a hassle now that my cd broke.

And don't forget the 10 million threads that say "What team should I be?" Might as well remove those while your at it.

I'm working on an idea that would allow users to upload their dynasties to maybe make it a little more interesting for others to follow. Would something like this interest any of you?

Here is a very basic structure I have set up so far. If there are enough people interested, I'd like to expand on the idea quite a bit more including adding boxscores, dynasty front pages, etc..

Here's what I have so far.

http://www.mvpmods.com/MVPmods_Dynasties.html

Is it worth it? would people use it? or is it a waste of time?

If you have any ideas or questions, please let me know.

What kind of dynasty is this, 14 games and Soriano has a 1.000 FPCT? :D

I have KG's rosters, but I need the update to fix cyberface issues, and I too have problems with the savreader for whatever reason.

For whatever reason I'm also having SavReader problem where it errors out on KG's latest roster. I'm loving the rosters, but I wish I could get SavReader working again. Sorry for the temporary hijack! If I restarted my dynasty or started up a 94 dynasty I might try to participate.

actually that was my idea :smile:

anyway, nice job on the no-hitter Trues! :wtg:

oops :D

sorry CC

The latest. I don't have the 07 mod installed because I decided it was too much of a hassle now that my cd broke.

hmm...maybe there's something in the 07 mod that makes it work? other than that unhelpful tidbit, i got nothing.

Thanks carter. I'll definitely need help.

Update: I put up a front page template for my dynasty for starters. Keep the ideas coming.

Thanks.

I like that. Nice and simple.

The way I'm thinking about it in my mind, I see that front page having the recap of the most recent game. For past recaps though, would it be possible to have an archives page so you can go back to a certain date and check that recap/boxscore out?

I'm not sure it will help, but I always had problems with savreader crashing at some point when creating pages. However, the last 2 times I have run savreader I've not had any other programs running in the background and the program has worked fine. Typically, I would run savreader while surfing the net. Maybe it's a memory/resource hog and having other programs running simultaneously causes problems. I'm using KG's rosters. I don't know, just a thought.

• 6 months later...

Archived