Wrigley Field update 2007

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CC,

Any new updates on the Wrigley Field Mod?

Let. him. mod. I beg of you, just let him do his work. It's only been 2 days since his last update, and he has a lot of stuff to do. The park will come out, and it'll look great, but for now just look at the thousands of other things on the site.

Thank you.

Let. him. mod. I beg of you, just let him do his work. It's only been 2 days since his last update, and he has a lot of stuff to do. The park will come out, and it'll look great, but for now just look at the thousands of other things on the site.

Thank you.

its not going to look great... its going to look AWESOME!!!

Thank you.

Thanks Sean O.

To let you all know, I was at a church picnic for most of the day and didn't have time to do anything. I've decided that I am done trying to press for a release date. I put a good chunk of my free time into this and I can never seem to meet my set date. From now on, I will work on this at a pace that pleases me, giving you updates as I go, but I can't honestly say when I will finish.

• 2 weeks later...

I will have something for you by August 3rd

anyway, I went to the Cubs game tonight. It felt like a playoff atmosphere, with the Cubs winning and Milwaukee on its way to a loss (damn Jenkins). I thought tonight might be the night we sneak into first, but I guess not.

I guess I'll just have to go to the game again tomorrow night :razz:

seriously, my dad's friend got tickets and I'm going again tomorrow

ok, I'm finally home from the game. unfortunately, I couldn't see the walk-off win because my dad and I had to leave to catch a train :headache: . That makes me 4-0 this year. I must be their good luck charm :smile:

anyway, I have a bunch of things to do tomorrow before leaving for my vacation on Friday, and one of those things is releasing this darn mod.

I will convert the day version into the night version in the morning, and if I have time, I will try to finish the backround for the day version I was working on. If not, I will just have to re-add the old one.

There are still a million things I want to do to this stadium, but if I attempt to finish them all, this thing won't get released until November. Some of these things include:

-redoing the foul pouls

-redoing the concourse area

-redoing a bunch of the roof tops

-redoing concourse behind first level of seating

-adding new seating behind homeplate and 'bullpen box' seats (added in 2006)

-making advertisement box behind HP 3-dimensional

-adding ads in dugouts and fixing mapping

-perfecting knothole

-adding more crowds to bleachers (I added the seating, but I need the crowds)

-doing something similar to what rolie's doing with Dodger Stadium to revamp the Wrigley crowd (add a bunch more 3d crowds)

-at last but DEFINITELY NOT least, adding the fricken relievers sitting in the bullpen. I have been playing around with this for months, and I still cannot get it to work the way I thought it would.

the list goes on...

I do have one question, and maybe either Marlins_MY or rolie can answer this for me: Can I change the quality of transparency for non-alphablend objects (ex. textures applied to parts in mstadium.o). I have some stuff all on one texture that would be even better if I could make it partially transparent.

I do have one question, and maybe either Marlins_MY or rolie can answer this for me: Can I change the quality of transparency for non-alphablend objects (ex. textures applied to parts in mstadium.o). I have some stuff all on one texture that would be even better if I could make it partially transparent.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to do this. I think it has to be in the alphablend.

I think it depends on the stadium but I found that certain parts in mstadium can be alphablended in the vertex color.

"The vertex color is in hex. It uses for the format AARRGGBB,

where AA is the alpha (transparency) component, RR is red, GG is

green, and BB is blue. If you dont set the AA value to anything" found in oiftool readme

Some of the possible alphablended parts in DS have been with the "foward`MVPFowardTexture" heading in oiftool.

oiftool.jpg

I have found this to work on everything accept 3d player/crowd models. Net.o is the only part found to work in this manner.

it's awaiting approval here, I will also upload it to EAmods when I get back, but right now I need to sleep (I gotta get up in 4 hours).

let me know about any issues encountered, I will fix them when I get back (unless there is some crashing issue or something, then I give anyone that can fix it the go-ahead to upload an update in this thread)

I will have my PSP with me on the trip, so if I have internet access I will be able to make short posts. If not, see you on August 13.

it's awaiting approval here, I will also upload it to EAmods when I get back, but right now I need to sleep (I gotta get up in 4 hours).

let me know about any issues encountered, I will fix them when I get back (unless there is some crashing issue or something, then I give anyone that can fix it the go-ahead to upload an update in this thread)

I will have my PSP with me on the trip, so if I have internet access I will be able to make short posts. If not, see you on August 13.

now that is hardcore.

Man, what`s going on with the day and night versions. I think you uploaded wrong files because the day version does not have any changes and the night version is missing some textures, door in the right field, the grass in both versions is the ea sports grass......

Looks like in his haste to pack, CC has accomplished the dreaded "wrong file upload." As the fustercluck following the release of the Kingdome, and the ambivalence regarding the messed up 1954 Baltimore Memorial showed me, it's not a pleasant thing.

I'm sure it's all done, and CC will slap his head and upload the real one upon his return.

Archived