hiheat32's concept unis

hiheat32

I'd support the guy if he were being creative, but all he did was he took my un-released template, combined it with a part of KC's template, and then threw his name on it. There was no creativity involved here whatsoever.

I think we should preserve a little artistic integrity around here and I think for the most part, we have. Now ego doesn't come into play for me -- I've already accepted the fact that my work is prevalent all throughout this site -- my undershirts, buttons, belts, catcher's gear, and manager's jackets are KC's templates, therefore are used by pretty much everybody else who makes jerseys. Do I get upset that everyone assumes KC did all that work? You don't see me complaining about it, do you?

So this isn't about ego -- my ego is just fine. It's all about artistic integrity. I'm just glad that I'm responsible for a large part of the advancements we've made in uniform editing -- that's all the credit I need. I don't need the constant praise that is showered upon KC -- a true artist does his craft because he loves to do it. This is a really fun hobby for me, nothing more. But when some guy just walks up and starts uploading work that isn't his, before he's even posted on the forums, I think there's a problem in that. It takes a little of the fun out of it for me -- not a lot, but a little. You don't ever see me get too bent out of shape over something, but I think this is kinda slighty maybe a big deal.

But hey, like I said, a care a little but not enough to be a douchebag and just lay it on this guy. We caught him and removed the download, so let's sit back and see if he can come out with a good mod that's all his own...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the Original poster, and a newly welcomed forum goer, I've been able to successfully get people to allow me to use their stuff, just simply PM them first and they always seem more than willing. That includes both modders spungo and KC, even though I didn't release the uniform that I intended on releasing. You'll be fine, just ask first and you'll be ready to rock and roll. Hope to see that Rangers uni by the way, someday.

Jeez man, he may innocently have breached site etiquette or whatever with his "mod".

But there's not need for the admins of this site to jump all over the new guy as if he's posting a no-cd crack.

A bit of encouragement would be better rather than acting like a sanctimonious jackass.

Just apologize, promise you won't do it again, and politely ask to use the work and give credit where it's due.

I have the utmost respect for modders, since I have no patience, skill, or effort required to do this.

I wouldn't consider "Your" work specifically in that context. Sean O and PaulW are probably the only modders I can think of that I would use that term with.

I see EA's fingerprints on everything. What would your uniforms be without EA's wrinkled jersey base? Or without the 3d modeling? I'm not just trying to pick on you. I know you put a lot of hard work into your mods.

Pirate modded my version of Dodger stadium last year. I didn't mind one bit. I was flattered. The "Stadium Guru" wanted to mod my work! I still would have been fine even if he didn't ask for my permission. There was a time when I would have cared to take exception. If anyone stole my work I wouldn't be mad at all. I would be flattered that they thought it was so good that they want credit for it. -I also helped them create their vision.

I think yall are being a bit too harsh on this guy. You should be a little more supportive and less negative. I support anyone that wants to creative.

Iv'e experienced a lot of art and I have seen hundreds of blatant rippoffs. Art, music, writing or whatever doesn't move forward without ripping someone off.

I probably would be angered if that person were to make money off my work. Art isn't about the credit. It's about expressing what's in your mind. Seeing it come to life is all that matters.

Too bad more people don't take your approach to modding. Great post. Let's see if a new modder here has potential.

I do think this is about ego. I agree with rolie's post 100%. It's garbage to pick on the new guy. I see it all the time here. It takes 1 of two routes to get noticed here. Either produce some work for the community, or shut up until someone decides to notice you.

I chose the latter.

I see ego ALL THE TIME here. I see it when I play NCAA Football online. I was a well respect player a couple years ago. Now I just lay low and play games in leagues, and for fun. But it is the same concept here. Here's an example:

Example 1: __________ person is the best in the forums at doing something, and everyone knows it. So __________ person decides to TELL everyone what they do is the greatest (btw, I refuse to name who I am talking about).

Example 2: __________ person has been here a long time and uses his post count like a chip count in poker to bully around newbies to the forum. I see this COUNTLESS times, and quite frankly, it bugs the hell out of me. One person in particular, and I think we ALL know who it is.

Example 3: GANGING up. This is the example. I understand that everyone here loves having their own mods. It's well known that thespungo and kccitystar do excellent mods. So hiheat32 combined those two, and even GAVE credit BEFORE people jumped on him. Last time I checked, we don't call up professors at Universities or e-mail world reknowned scientists to use their theories in our reports or research papers. We simply write an MLA or Scientific Citation. Citation here basically consists of __________ person is very good at this technique, and I thought I would use it. Take it in stride, boys! Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery. And I doubt after how hiheat32 (though he was wrong, unknowingly) was treated, he more than likely will not want to imitate ANY form of the way he was treated by the modders in this thread....

My 2 cents....

So hiheat32 combined those two, and even GAVE credit BEFORE people jumped on him. Last time I checked, we don't call up professors at Universities or e-mail world reknowned scientists to use their theories in our reports or research papers. We simply write an MLA or Scientific Citation. Citation here basically consists of __________ person is very good at this technique, and I thought I would use it. Take it in stride, boys! Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery. And I doubt after how hiheat32 (though he was wrong, unknowingly) was treated, he more than likely will not want to imitate ANY form of the way he was treated by the modders in this thread....

My 2 cents....

Ugh, for the last time... he did nothing to change my files or improve them -- he just uploaded them! This was 100% not his work! When will some of you people understand this?

And as for the ego thing, I'm going to assume you're talking about other modders. Because anyone who accuses me of having an ego obviously doesn't know me as well as they'd like to think.

This thread is just funny now...

I just completed my first mod (pants templates http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4144.htm ) and I am looking forward to creating many more, but since I'm a competitive high school bball player in real life, I wont be consistently pouring in mods. Anyways, I know the jerseys in the game get a little boring, especially in year 2050 in your dynasty, so I'm creating a home and an an away concept jersey for hopefully each team. Since I'm from Texas, the Rangers will be first, then probably the Indians, Yankees, and the rest of the AL West. After that, yall can name some teams. Keep checking in!

I pm'd the OP so I can take a peek at the Rangers ones he made, and was able to take a view. What the heck, I'm a Rangers fan :biglaff: , I had to see them.

The OP sent me another set he had done for the Astros. Both look great. Now, I can clearly see some Spungo Uni accesories that were uploaded for uni modders, and I see these nice looking jerseys. They look great. A preview should be posted here, and I'd like to know if this project is going to be continued or not. I was hoping to see what could be done with the others that the OP said he would do. Also, I failed to ask this, but, the jerseys for the Astros and Rangers-are these your ideas using templates from the other modders? I liked the Rangers a lot, especially the red one, and the Astros I really liked, especially the white one.

I would be willing to do dirt on the shoes (thank you Spungo for taking the time to teach that to me) and pine tar on the helmets. Matter of fact, if you check your PM now you'll see that I sent you the .bmp's. I did not see how they look in the game so you'll have to see if you like it or not. I only did the Astros for now in case you, the OP thinks my idea is :yernuts: .

Sorry about not posting in a while, but here are the uniforms that unclemo is talking about. i know they are not the work of a pro, and i couldve never made these without kc's templates and spungo's accessories, but if yall give me permission to upload them, i will. Plus, im not a pro screenshot taker either. Sorry about the pants templates incident, it wont happen again, and leave comments on the unis.

I do think this is about ego. I agree with rolie's post 100%. It's garbage to pick on the new guy. I see it all the time here. It takes 1 of two routes to get noticed here. Either produce some work for the community, or shut up until someone decides to notice you.

I chose the latter.

I see ego ALL THE TIME here. I see it when I play NCAA Football online. I was a well respect player a couple years ago. Now I just lay low and play games in leagues, and for fun. But it is the same concept here. Here's an example:

Example 1: __________ person is the best in the forums at doing something, and everyone knows it. So __________ person decides to TELL everyone what they do is the greatest (btw, I refuse to name who I am talking about).

Example 2: __________ person has been here a long time and uses his post count like a chip count in poker to bully around newbies to the forum. I see this COUNTLESS times, and quite frankly, it bugs the hell out of me. One person in particular, and I think we ALL know who it is.

Example 3: GANGING up. This is the example. I understand that everyone here loves having their own mods. It's well known that thespungo and kccitystar do excellent mods. So hiheat32 combined those two, and even GAVE credit BEFORE people jumped on him. Last time I checked, we don't call up professors at Universities or e-mail world reknowned scientists to use their theories in our reports or research papers. We simply write an MLA or Scientific Citation. Citation here basically consists of __________ person is very good at this technique, and I thought I would use it. Take it in stride, boys! Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery. And I doubt after how hiheat32 (though he was wrong, unknowingly) was treated, he more than likely will not want to imitate ANY form of the way he was treated by the modders in this thread....

My 2 cents....

He's gotta point you know, and nice job on the uni's hiheat32

Jeez man, he may innocently have breached site etiquette or whatever with his "mod".

But there's not need for the admins of this site to jump all over the new guy as if he's posting a no-cd crack.

A bit of encouragement would be better rather than acting like a sanctimonious jackass.

WOW Hory :w00t:

hiheat, those stros home unis look really cool by the way, no matter whose templates you borrowed. I wont rag on ya, because I understand the innocent until proven guilty aspect. I know you meant well, but make sure to give credit always, it keeps you safe. Nice job :wtg:

It is the good ol' boy network, if someone new comes along and might one day we able to steal someone else's thunder we all jump on the new guy and beat him down hoping he will leave with his tail between his legs. I went through it with fuzz and his buddies

I thought you understood the rules

I never jumped down this guys throat, and if you read my posts about the matter, I said let's give him the benefit of the doubt, because I don't think he was intentionally ripping anyone off.

Nice Uni's HiHeat. Looking forward to some new alternatives on the site.

how about that, im into double digits in the number of posts ive submitted! anyways, im goin to arkansas tomorrow and have some money to win in poker tonight, so i wont be posting anything soon. fortunately kc is a cool guy and is letting me upload unis using his template, but i havent heard from spungo about the accessories yet. i appreciate the people who have stuck up for and/or forgiven me and my boneheaded mistake and if u have any ideas or comments about the unis, let me know.

For now, here are the yankee jerseys im working on (even though im not a yankee fan):

Archived