MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Nothing against MVPMODS by any means at all...I thought it would be a good idea to move to MVPclassics because there are sub-forums to keep organized, and we want to provide you guys with the best possible mod that we can, and the key to that is staying organized and efficient.

Since we moved, we've actually made good progress. The AL Rosters and Ratings are now complete. The NL rosters have been completed as well, and we are moving onto the ratings now.

All 30 MLB teams now have brand new stadium select screens, made by yours truly. All uniform select screens are new and they all reflect the current uniforms for the 1999 season.

Many changes to uniforms have been made, for example any teams that didn't have names on the back don't have them now, which adds to the true 1999 feel. The intro videos have been made and are ready for import.

The soundtrack to the game I must say is phenomenal. I talked with kccitystar on AIM and we put together the hottest tracks from '99 for the game. As you guys already know, we have Trues working the overlay, which is a guaranteed success already. Almost every team in the game now has the logos that they had back in 1999.

The NL portraits and AL portraits are complete as well, and we will soon be moving on to assigning player ID numbers. Once this is completed, Homer, Jim825, redsox and Kraw gave us permission to use whatever faces we desire, as we will try to get as many cyber-faces as we can. Also, I was told that there is already a huge stock of player audio, and many of the audio files that we need to create already exist.

So we've made good progress and the whole situation is looking very positive right now.

Don't hesitate to head on over to MVPclassics.com and sign up.

That's it for this update, hope I've filled you in as much as I can.

PS- The big suprise is something I cannot reveal, but let's just say it's something UncleMo's got up his sleeve.

Take care.

-MetsReyes777

• 2 weeks later...

i get the feeling this is dead

I've been wondering that myself. The first week or two things were moving fast and furious, but I haven't seen an update in a while. Even the '99 mod section on MVPclassics.com has been very quiet lately.

I don't know if the team got burned out from moving so quickly. As Dan Duquette once said, It's a marathon, not a sprint...." 8)

They shouldn't have moved. I was willing to occasionally help them and prod them along but once they moved, that was the end of that.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep a complete total conversion mod organized using a single thread

They went to a place with subforums and help from other classics modders.

I have a feeling any support they may have lost from you can be regained in help from Legends Project members

I have a feeling any support they may have lost from you can be regained in help from Legends Project members

Yeah, it certainly seems so.

It's not because they left MVPMods. I couldn't care less about that. It was just much easier for me to pop in here, upload some portraits, uniforms, etc in the thread and move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived