HDR Mod for MVP Baseball!

gtguy01

Well I used it, and it's ok, I guess. I usesd Rolie's custom .ini file and experienced absolutely no lag on my laptop. I have an HP dv9700 w/ a Nvidia 7150M, so I guess anyone with a better card than that would be fine (or at least the graphics card wouldn't be the issue). What it does is make anything white even whiter, while brightening up the other colors a tad. It reminds me of one of those bleach commercials, and that might be the best way to describe this software. I would hold off until we figure out the proper brightness settings, especially if it's going to lag your system- it doesn't improve the overall quality of graphics to justify chopiness or lag, IMO.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I used it, and it's ok, I guess. I usesd Rolie's custom .ini file and experienced absolutely no lag on my laptop. I have an HP dv9700 w/ a Nvidia 7150M, so I guess anyone with a better card than that would be fine (or at least the graphics card wouldn't be the issue). What it does is make anything white even whiter, while brightening up the other colors a tad. It reminds me of one of those bleach commercials, and that might be the best way to describe this software. I would hold off until we figure out the proper brightness settings, especially if it's going to lag your system- it doesn't improve the overall quality of graphics to justify chopiness or lag, IMO.

Will give it a go tonight. But from what i have seen sofar i would have to agree with you. It doesnt leave me breathless - with the current settings that is - but i am sure this can be improved.

The white getting whiter looks somehow strange to me. A ghostly effect that i do not like so much. I do like the pic that was posted with the normal/enhanced difference, but then only with regard to the scoreboard commercials.

Anyway, will do some testing myself. Thanks to gtguy for finding this though.

Archived