HDR Mod for MVP Baseball!

gtguy01

rolie,

maybe it's just me. but i really like how vibrant your field textures are for dodger stadium. it seems to me that this thingy kinda desaturates those too much. is it possible to tweak this a little so that it's a little more colorful for the field?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been tweaking this a lot, figuring out what the settings do and they all have an effect.

I did learn that the separate day and night settings don't necessarily effect the day and night version of the stadiums. It's more of a global type setting.

Gamma correction kinda helped not make everything overly bright. HDR kinda makes all the colors blend.

I fixed the sky having too much contrast causing image distortion. I tweaking the gamma correction and raised the quality level to maximum.

hdr1.gif

hdr2.gif

i thought this screen was hillarious "Getting pwned by a D-bag"

hdr3.gif

hdr4.gif

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=0

InitProxyFunctions=1

ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=1

AlternativeDepth=1

AllowAntialias=1

BugFixMode=0

SkipShaderOptimization=0

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

EnableOcclusion=1

EnableReflection=1

EnableMotionBlur=1

EnableWater=1

EnableShadow=1

[INPUT]

KeyUseEffect=123

KeyBloom=120

KeyOcclusion=121

KeyReflection=122

KeyCombination=16

KeyShadow=119

KeyWater=118

[REFLECTION]

ReflectionPower=10

ChromePower=10

UseCurrentFrameReflection=1

ReflectionQuality=0

ReflectionSourceSpecular=50

ReflectionSourceTFactor=50

UseAdditiveReflection=0

ReflectionDepthBias=100

UseLowResReflection=0

[BLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=25

BloomFadeTime=1000

BloomConstantDay=1

BloomQuality=0

BloomScreenLevelDay=20

BloomCurveDay=10

BloomPowerNight=0

BloomConstantNight=0

BloomCurveNight=10

BloomScreenLevelNight=0

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=100

BloomAdaptationMultiplier=5

BloomAllowOversaturation=0

[SSAO]

UseFilter=1

OcclusionQuality=0

FilterQuality=0

[COLORCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=22

ScreenLevelDay=50

ScreenLevelNight=50

DarkeningAmountNight=20

GammaCurveDay=10

GammaCurveNight=10

[PLUGIN]

WeatherMod=0

[WATER]

UseWaterDeep=1

WaterDeepness=20

WaterQuality=0

[SHADOW]

ShadowFadeStart=200

ShadowFadeEnd=400

ShadowAmountDay=100

ShadowAmountNight=100

ShadowScreenLevelDay=50

ShadowScreenLevelNight=50

ShadowQuality=0

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0

MaxAnisotropy=8

ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0

DisplayRefreshRateHz=60

hmm i tried your now and it looks nothing like the after pics and im using a Nvidia 8800gts card

rolie,

maybe it's just me. but i really like how vibrant your field textures are for dodger stadium. it seems to me that this thingy kinda desaturates those too much. is it possible to tweak this a little so that it's a little more colorful for the field?

This is more like the first one with oversaturation turned off. I figured some wouldn't like that dramatic color change but I still like it. The gamma correction, "DarkeningAmoundDay/Night" was previously at 20. This version pretty much turns it off.

If you wanna play around with it these are the key settings

changed

BloomPowerDay=15

DarkeningAmountDay=2

DarkeningAmountNight=2

if 0, bloom softly applied to screen and bright areas not become too oversaturated.

hdr5.gif

hmm i tried your now and it looks nothing like the after pics and im using a Nvidia 8800gts card

Maybe check if gamma correction is on in your nvida control panel game settings. Or drivers. I dunno. Im using XTreme-G 175.63 XP 32 bit from http://www.tweakforce.com/

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=0

InitProxyFunctions=1

ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=1

AlternativeDepth=1

AllowAntialias=1

BugFixMode=0

SkipShaderOptimization=0

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

EnableOcclusion=1

EnableReflection=1

EnableMotionBlur=1

EnableWater=1

EnableShadow=1

[INPUT]

KeyUseEffect=123

KeyBloom=120

KeyOcclusion=121

KeyReflection=122

KeyCombination=16

KeyShadow=119

KeyWater=118

[REFLECTION]

ReflectionPower=10

ChromePower=10

UseCurrentFrameReflection=1

ReflectionQuality=0

ReflectionSourceSpecular=50

ReflectionSourceTFactor=50

UseAdditiveReflection=0

ReflectionDepthBias=100

UseLowResReflection=0

[BLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=15

BloomFadeTime=1000

BloomConstantDay=1

BloomQuality=0

BloomScreenLevelDay=20

BloomCurveDay=10

BloomPowerNight=0

BloomConstantNight=0

BloomCurveNight=10

BloomScreenLevelNight=0

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=100

BloomAdaptationMultiplier=5

[SSAO]

UseFilter=1

OcclusionQuality=0

FilterQuality=0

[COLORCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=2

ScreenLevelDay=50

ScreenLevelNight=50

DarkeningAmountNight=2

GammaCurveDay=10

GammaCurveNight=10

[PLUGIN]

WeatherMod=0

[WATER]

UseWaterDeep=1

WaterDeepness=20

WaterQuality=0

[SHADOW]

ShadowFadeStart=200

ShadowFadeEnd=400

ShadowAmountDay=100

ShadowAmountNight=100

ShadowScreenLevelDay=50

ShadowScreenLevelNight=50

ShadowQuality=0

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0

MaxAnisotropy=8

ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0

DisplayRefreshRateHz=60

new%20hdr.JPG

i really like the first one more rolie, i think that the saturtation is meant, because if you were to align this with an x360, there not actualy that far off now, the whole stadium looks awsome, i did a day and night game, only thing i would do, and i dont know if it is possible or not, but ont he first new 1 you did, see if you can drop the brightest, just a tad couple notches, so that the white jerseys dont look to glowish, but still have that glow effect, know what i mean?

edit... just so you know this pic, is coming from the dodger pic with manny, not the directly above my post.

i really like the first one more rolie, i think that the saturtation is meant, because if you were to align this with an x360, there not actualy that far off now, the whole stadium looks awsome, i did a day and night game, only thing i would do, and i dont know if it is possible or not, but ont he first new 1 you did, see if you can drop the brightest, just a tad couple notches, so that the white jerseys dont look to glowish, but still have that glow effect, know what i mean?

edit... just so you know this pic, is coming from the dodger pic with manny, not the directly above my post.

That's the one I love, I see what you are saying about turning the brightness "bloom" down. I played a day game today and the home uniforms were it a little scorching.

edit- if need to be lowered more I'll tweak after game. I didn't test as much rushing to watch game

hdr6.gif

yes%20new%20hdr.JPG

you nailed it bro!!!, thats exactly what i was talking about, as you can see, it keeps the uniforms true colors, even when saturated, but still gives that look of 360 and ps3, i beleive with this right here, you could use as your base, to tweak from, but i really love it bro, gr8 job. im sure there will be more testing, but with this i had 0% lag, and the game looked really well! and exactly with this set up now, the field depth in-game, to me looks alot better!

Yeah rolie you nailed it. I went ahead and tried it, and it looks mad nice. Maybe try to find a way to make the outfield a better blur or something. I don't like the blur right now because it just makes it look lq. Maybe make it stronger idk.

mlb08theshowmt2.jpg

i think wrig, is talking about this, now this is coming from 360, the only difference i can really see, is there lightning effects are high, giving off that hue looks better, if we were able to exactly change the lightning in mvp like nbalive, this could be achevied np's, im not sure tho about light files for mvp, and at this point im not even sure if the hue level can be designed through this program to load field saturation, but it would be nice, i did see some in the game though, in my night game, i still like this alot, even it cant be done, but as you see from this pic, if we had lightning files, and with the ajustment of the the file rolie just did, i would have no doubt, that it would be hard to decifer which from which, as far as the saturations levels are concerned.

getting%20closer.JPG

defintly getting closer imo! good work rolie!, look at the ajustments, if we could find out about light files for mvp, this might be dangerous! ;)

edit... notice the blur hue effect, on the cather's glow! very nice!

The key to getting better depth of field and motion blur to work is to use a more recent version of the enbseries. The depth of field is much improved in the new versions. All the dx9 versions can be converted to dx8 with the authors dx8-dx9 converter. However there is a bug that causes some other version of the mod to not be compatible with MVP. I posted the first version that I found to work, but I have not tried them all. If someone has time maybe they could test other versions. Or else we should e-mail the author and ask him for a specific version for MVP.

If you guys have racing games, you have to try it on that. The glow looks a lot cooler on cars. Rfactor, GTR2, GTA3 work great to name a few.

The key to getting better depth of field and motion blur to work is to use a more recent version of the enbseries. The depth of field is much improved in the new versions. All the dx9 versions can be converted to dx8 with the authors dx8-dx9 converter. However there is a bug that causes some other version of the mod to not be compatible with MVP. I posted the first version that I found to work, but I have not tried them all. If someone has time maybe they could test other versions. Or else we should e-mail the author and ask him for a specific version for MVP.

Yeah thats what I'm trying to find too. I got the NBA live/convertor version to load but there are glitches. The players are messed up but blur is quite noticeable. I'll read the documentation more closely. I'll try other versions also. Thanks for the discovery.

hdrtest1.jpg

NBA live version and dx8 convertor. Screen kept defaulting all black and wouldn't view unless I pressed escape.

I tried your new config rolie. With the darkeningamount's in the 20's it is way too dark on my computer. I like it more with darkeningamount at 10 and the bloompowerday at 18. But thanks for all your efforts.

For anyone with lag, try the other bloomquality settings (ie 0-2), or turn off unused effects in the ini.

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

EnableOcclusion=0

EnableReflection=1

EnableMotionBlur=0

EnableWater=0

EnableShadow=1

I am not sure any of the above effects have any effect on MVP baseball except for Bloom. You can try setting the rest of them to 0. They were developed for Grand Theft Auto 3. For example, reflection puts reflections on GTA3 cars.

Sounds like a helicopter taking off lol. Some parks look great with the effect on. I dunno any free video recorders.

If you get a version with less annoying sound and link it to mod. Or maybe just mute the sound I dunno.

I'm gonna upload this hdr bloom mod to the site with everyone's different settings. If anyone has any config file they want to contribute lemme know.

I emailed the Boris, the creator, hopefully he might look into getting fov effect. He seems busy though.

Archived