HDR Mod for MVP Baseball!

gtguy01

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not a techie, but with the laptops the lag may have something to do with the way it swaps information vs. how a desktop does. Normal MVP lagged like hell on my wife's laptop and it's duo-core. When I turned vertical sync off (with rolie's latest config.) and used wiggins rez changer to go as high as my card would allow (2000+), it was very playable. If your card is only a 128, that might be a prob. too.

I tried with Rolie C and boy did it lag. I'll try tuning the rez down cause I have it @ 1680x1050 right now. I have two 3870's in crossfire.

i dont know what, that register's in comparison, to a 8600 gts nvdia card, but it might also have to do soemthing with your ram, i have 3 gigs of ram, plus the 8600 gts car, and i dont have no lag with rolie's C version, runs just as smooth as the game itself. so that might be some stuff you wanna check into.

I tried with Rolie C and boy did it lag. I'll try tuning the rez down cause I have it @ 1680x1050 right now. I have two 3870's in crossfire.

How do you have it set to 1680x1050? Hex editor? Doesn't it just stretch the screen?

Use the resolution changer mod (check what sizes your card/monitor can handle by right clicking on your desktop / properties and then seeing what resolutions the slider gives you). The rez changer will ask for the dimensions and created a new mvp2005.exe and back up your old one.

The other thing that I did to reduce lag significantly was "dumb down" some of rolie's numbers on options in the .ini file that would still give an effect but not overtax my particular set up (ATI 9550 256mb card w/ 1 GB or RAM). I would think a 512 card would handle these setups better (vs. more memory). Also, I went with spungo's 1x uniforms.

Other things that might help, update video drivers. Maybe try turning down AA, not completely off at first, but if it is set 4x or higher try 2x only. If that still doesn't work try turning off AA. Some older cards do not support both HDR+AA. I that's the case I'd go AA over HDR any day.

I use 175.63 tweaked Nvidia drivers.

http://www.tweakforce.com

Normal setting if you have a beast card

nvidiasettingsNormal.gif

Optimized for older cards

nvidiasettingsOptimized.gif

Use the resolution changer mod (check what sizes your card/monitor can handle by right clicking on your desktop / properties and then seeing what resolutions the slider gives you). The rez changer will ask for the dimensions and created a new mvp2005.exe and back up your old one.

Thanks...I didn't know about the program...too bad it gives a stretched look though...

hey daflyboys , what datafile is that fielding view from in your video? I kind of like it but can't find it.

It's MD's, but I took the foul ball PIP out. I didn't alter anything else, though, as I really like his cams and the ball physics and hit variety. PM me if you want a copy.

Archived