PowerCrest

Trilinear

Finally was able to fine-tune my crest technique and now my crests are looking better than I have ever made them before. I design them for use on 3X uniforms as 2X still lacks the resolution to get detailed.

Also shown is the texture/mesh that I've boiled down to... also added Cool Base panels which I think everyone else has forgotten. Not every team wears CB but trying to find which ones do and don't is too bothersome.

Still got a bit of a hill to climb but I'm getting there. Comments, questions, suggestions?

have you tried playing with 3x? just curious cuz a lot of systems have enough problems with 2x already. otherwise, the only thing i see is that it seems a little stiff and flat around where it folds over. i know it's a hard effect to get, but i figure since you're paying such close detail to this i might as well add some input. again, it may also because i can't see the rest of the shirt.

as for the coolbase, i don't know if you've seen spungo's stuff, but he seems to have the best texture for it so far. i don't believe anyone outside of you two have even tried to replicate it yet.

Well, I'm always testing my stuff in 3X in-game and so far I haven't had a single crash. Granted, I'm only testing one uniform right now (the "fat" one) but I've had it where all infield players have a 3X jerk, 2X sleeves and 2X pants and the game runs as smooth as it ever has. I'm running a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Proccesors at 2.3 GHz, 2 gigs of RAM and an ATI Radeon X1950. Nothing too special but definitely way more than enough for MVP. I think anyone else that has problems is due more to lack of hardware power than anything but who knows.

Regarding wrinkles in the crest... this is a tough issue to tackle. Although most of the bottom of the jersey have polygons slightly popping in and out, you're still dealing with a primarily flat model all around. This is when you run into problems like pinstripes... they don't look great when they are perfectly straight, but if you try to mend those stripes to flow with the folds and wrinkles in your texture, it's going to look equally as bad. It does so because then you become more aware of how flat the models and textures are. I could add wrinkles and folds to my crest, but I find it hard to tell in-game. The mapping on the chest is already bad enough that slight folds and creases don't show up too well.

well then i guess the only other thing i see is that there's that area right where it folds over. in the real shirt, the cloth is folded under. so the effect is that it appears more white, whereas the rest is a bit more see through. if that makes any sense.

Don't count on it.

I get it already... what's your point? Why do you keep on doing this? I don't understand what you gain or feel from these posts. I'm not a dick to anyone, yet you continue to litter my threads with this nonsense. Why can't you just quit it already?

Don't hold your breath. I mean, I want to be 100% wrong on this, but Kraw summed it up pretty well about this guy. He'll stick around a few more days and then we won't see him until November.

rubber-duck-thumb8218.jpg

Y4L, looks like you where about 10 days off.

I ask, once again... so what? Why does this even matter at all how slow I work? What does this matter in any significant way? It seems you guys are still bitter because you think I'm JDK. If that's what you think, take the appropriate action you need to instead of making irrelevant comments regarding the subject of this thread. You know it is tiresome and only made to annoy me since you guys don't do this in other threads.

I ask, once again... so what? Why does this even matter at all how slow I work? What does this matter in any significant way? It seems you guys are still bitter because you think I'm JDK. If that's what you think, take the appropriate action you need to instead of making irrelevant comments regarding the subject of this thread. You know it is tiresome and only made to annoy me since you guys don't do this in other threads.
Can you show us the full chest?

I get it already... what's your point? Why do you keep on doing this? I don't understand what you gain or feel from these posts. I'm not a **** to anyone, yet you continue to litter my threads with this nonsense. Why can't you just quit it already?

Look man, I don't think you get what I mean here. From what little I have seen of your work, I think it looks great. If the entire uniform looks as good as the tiny part you are letting us see, then you are going to have a lot of fans in here once you do release your uniforms. But when you show up every so often and post another part of a uniform and then take off again for a long period of time...well, that's what I meant when I said don't count on it.

If you have any uniforms done for any team, why don't you post one so people can try it out and see it in the game? Like I stated before, if the whole thing looks as good as what you are letting us see in these preview threads of yours, this will be one download everyone will grab.

Good luck.

Archived