New Yankee Stadium Wip

bakntime

Hey guys. Just wanted to let people know that I've done a bit of tweaking to the New Yankee Stadium in 2k9. So far all I've done is replace all of the (awful) light blue with the dark blue that the new stadium really has, as well as lighten up the frieze because it was too dark. They actually simply used the model/texture of the frieze from the old stadium instead of duplicating the new frieze.

Here's a screen shot.

bgqst3.jpg

Big version:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vnpdu8.jpg

Another screen shot:

xgmhb4.jpg

Big: http://i44.tinypic.com/5k2jrn.jpg

I haven't gotten to the ads yet or anything like that. Hopefully I can mess around at get something better for the scoreboard ads as well as get the manual scoreboards in the outfield walls.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome. I'll see about uploading the mod soon.

Depending on the sun and the angle, it looks lighter than it does in those screen shots. I think it's fairly close to the real thing:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Fsh7GWfK4f0/Sb5w...-h/DSCN0670.jpg

I think the bump map (UV?) is also having an effect on the final color, and I'm not sure how to manipulate that to produce a more accurate result. I noticed that during a sunny game, the wall appears a lot more blue, so I might try and desaturate the color a bit.

Made some more changes, I think we're getting somewhere now. The stadium at least feels a lot closer to the real thing.

Here's the list of major changes I've made:

1) Added the clock

2) Replaced many scoreboard ads, some with correct ads (Casio, Budweiser, Met Life)

3) Replaced that funky, pointless out of town scoreboard with a close approximation of the "triple pepsi sign". (Unfortunately, the way they used the texture makes it impossible to get 3 on there)

4) Fixed the wall padding, dugouts, etc from light blue to a more accurate dark blue/purple.

5) Fixed the light blue facing around various parts of the stadium by making it a more accurate gray/concrete/fencing.

6) Lightened up the frieze

7) Made the CF restaurant batter's eye windows darker. (ETA: I also changed the bump map so the windows are flat now. They were an annoying "curvy" shape that made them look like they were bowed outwards. This change isn't pictured in the screen shots below)

8) Modified the concessions along the concourse and added flat screen TVs to that texture.

9) Modified the seats to look more like the new seats and made them a bit darker.

There are still some ads that need to be fixed. Also, there are some things we just won't be able to fix because of the way they applied textures to multiple spots, so unless we ever have a way to manipulate the models themselves or where the textures are applied, there are some things we'll have to live with.

Screenshots:

24vp8hk_th.jpg

Large version: http://i43.tinypic.com/11i0s5z.jpg

2zfiut2_th.jpg

Large versoin: http://i42.tinypic.com/2zfiut2.jpg

n64ax1_th.jpg

Large version: http://i43.tinypic.com/n64ax1.jpg

Thanks. There's a couple more things I'm making final adjustments on and then I'll upload it. I still want to fix the remaining ads and maybe change a few other textures here and there and it should be good to go.

One thing (that I'm sure has probably been covered at length, but I just discovered) is that the bitmaps have alpha transparency built in. Also, the green bitmaps represent the bump maps, and they used red bitmaps for light maps (things that appear lit, such as signs, at night).

Looks great so far! I had started a version a day or two after the game was released, but didn't get very far. Much of what I did you have already changed, but there are two textures that it appears you haven't done yet that you can use if you'd like to.

09-74.png is an updated texture for the Monument Park numbers (using the old stadium's).

04-12.png is the NY logo behind the plate - 2K originally used the older design (used on the jerseys), but the new stadium features the newer version (used on print material), which was confirmed by new pictures at Baseball Fever. I don't how where or if the MLB logo is used on this texture.

The wall texture is hard to figure out - I matched the color to a few source photos (taken in the day), and in the game it still looked to bright (until night, where it looked right). The lighting must over-saturate textures for day/afternoon games.

post-10872-1237383292_thumb.png

post-10872-1237383305_thumb.png

Thanks! I'll definitely put those in there. If you (or anyone else for that matter) has worked on Yankee Stadium modding and has any textures they want to share, I'd be happy to use them and credit you.

I don't blame 2k for having Yankee Stadium look so wrong (especially color wise) because they based it on the original 3D rendering from the Yankees, which showed a lot lighter blue all over the place. Still, there are a lot of things wrong that seem like they'd be simple things to have done, especially with regard to the scoreboard ads, which just seems thrown together. Although, that also seems to be the case with other stadiums as well.

It's just good to have a newer baseball game on PC again. I liked playing mvp 05, but it was looking old. If 2k can patch some of the bugs, this game could be great.

Thanks! I'll definitely put those in there. If you (or anyone else for that matter) has worked on Yankee Stadium modding and has any textures they want to share, I'd be happy to use them and credit you.

I don't blame 2k for having Yankee Stadium look so wrong (especially color wise) because they based it on the original 3D rendering from the Yankees, which showed a lot lighter blue all over the place. Still, there are a lot of things wrong that seem like they'd be simple things to have done, especially with regard to the scoreboard ads, which just seems thrown together. Although, that also seems to be the case with other stadiums as well.

It's just good to have a newer baseball game on PC again. I liked playing mvp 05, but it was looking old. If 2k can patch some of the bugs, this game could be great.

Looking pretty good so far, although I'm not a yankee stadium expert.

I can't tell how sharp that Budweiser ad because it's zoomed out. You may find it useful, I have the vector format I made in illustrator if you need it. I had to make the same ad for minute maid.

bud256.gif

BUdwesser08256_256.rar

Looking pretty good so far, although I'm not a yankee stadium expert.

I can't tell how sharp that Budweiser ad because it's zoomed out. You may find it useful, I have the vector format I made in illustrator if you need it. I had to make the same ad for minute maid.

Excellent, I'll put that in there. I was trying to find that ad online and I couldn't. I ended up using a photo of the sign from the new stadium, but the quality wasn't the best. That gif should be plenty.

By the way, can we use larger images for the textures or does that mess up the texture locations/coordinates in game? I haven't tried it yet, but there are some textures that could use a little more detail.

By the way, can we use larger images for the textures or does that mess up the texture locations/coordinates in game? I haven't tried it yet, but there are some textures that could use a little more detail.

I tried importing a larger version of the Monument Park texture, and it garbled the textures that came after it in the list, so I believe the answer is (unfortunately) no.

I tried importing a larger version of the Monument Park texture, and it garbled the textures that came after it in the list, so I believe the answer is (unfortunately) no.
Yeah, I had a feeling that the textures are coordinate-dependent (or that the file system used hasn't been hacked enough to correct for different texture sizes), so until we can edit the stadium models and/or the texture coordinates, we're stuck with the sizes we have. Oh well.

I'll hopefully be able to release the Yankee Stadium mod V1 in the next day or two. There's not much left that I want to change, really, and realistically, there's not a whole lot that we CAN change at this point.

If anyone has any other textures they'd be willing to share, please do. I'm not doing this for myself or for the credit or anything, I just want a cool YS mod that looks good that we can all enjoy.

Ok, folks, I think V1 is ready. Is there any protocol I should know about before uploading the mod?

Screenshots:

th_Untitled-1.jpg

Full Size

th_Untitled-2.jpg

Full Size

th_Untitled-3.jpg

Full Size

th_Untitled-4.jpg

Full Size

th_Untitled-5.jpg

Full Size

th_Untitled-6.jpg

Full Size

Here's a list of mods (I may have forgotten a couple minor ones):

-Replaced most scoreboard and banner ads (Budweiser ad thanks to rolie)

-Armitron Clock on top of LF scoreboard

-CF restaurant batter's eye darkened and "flattened" (the bump maps were too curvy)

-Dugout back wall replaced with blue padding, rest of dugout color fixed

-Yellow water coolers replaced with blue texture with Yankee logo

-All padded outfield fencing replaced with dark blue, "408" in CF changed from white to black (for batter's eye)

-Light blue facing around all decks replaced with gray walls

-Frieze modified where possible to be lighter color, circular frieze holes changed to rectangular

-Retired numbers replaced (thanks to MarlinsMY)

-NY logo behind homeplate replaced (thanks to MarlinsMY)

-Miscellaneous textures lightened or darkened where it seemed appropriate

Temporary placeholder textures for possible future improvement:

-replaced "auxiliary video boards" with "Welcome to Yankee Stadium"

-Hard Rock Cafe logo on LF scoreboard

Basically I thought those last two looked ok so I kept it that way. Until more ads are finalized at the stadium, I've gotten most of the ads already (Utz, Nathans, Delta, Casio, etc) Beyond the modifications I've made, I'm not sure a whole lot more will be possible. There are many textures that are reused all over the place, so modifiying a texture to look good in one place messes up another. All in all, I think it looks good, and it definitely looks much better than out of the box.

If anyone has any last minute suggestions before I upload, let me know!

O Wow bakntime!

I'm sure a lot of people will be pleased. Good job putting this all together! :D

Thanks rolie!

I've uploaded the file and posted in the mod announcements. It's still a work in progress, so feel free to share any suggestions for V2 ;)

I am a Red Sox fan so naturally I have to hate the Yankess Lol Its Tradition :p

But in this case I have to Love the effort and time you put into this stadium

Hell of a job keep up the good work. I look forward to your future releases?

Any plans of doing other stadiums?

• 2 weeks later...

WHat about this for MVP????????????

Please keep your requests regarding mods for MVP in the MVP forums. I've noticed that in a number of the posts announcing MLB 2K9 mods, you ask the same question "What about this for MVP?". If someone wants to make a mod for MVP, they will do so. Continuing to ask the same question over and over will not convince someone to do the work.

If you have a request for an MVP mod, put it in the MVP 2005 Request forum and don't hijack the MLB 2K9 threads.

WHat about this for MVP????????????

I hope no modder ever creates Yankee Stadium of Citi Field just because of arrogant people demanding these time consuming mods like they are your servants. While you are whining like a little baby, go learn to make stadiums yourself, and make your own **** Yankee Stadium.

Archived