~ Relive The Dyna'Sty ~ - A 2009 Season In Progress

JoeRudi26

Hey boys, guess what time it is??   :D

dw4zz9.jpg

@ rick - You were right, it worked!  (this time)

@ M - Can you guess what t shirt (team) this is I'm wearing??  

Jay, looks like a great combo: Cubs and Bud Lite. Can't beat it. :drinks:

*That reminds me, I'm out. Gotta make a run tonight. :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay, looks like a great combo: Cubs and Bud Lite. Can't beat it. :drinks:

*That reminds me, I'm out. Gotta make a run tonight. :D

How pathetic is it when you find  yourself celebrating your wins in your dynasty?  Either it's:

A.  Your team (or you) really suck, and the win truly feels deserved

B.  You're looking for ways to drink a cold beer on a really nice summer day

C.  Who cares, you won, and it's Bud Light we're talking about

:friends:

How pathetic is it when you find  yourself celebrating your wins in your dynasty?  Either it's:

A.  Your team (or you) really suck, and the win truly feels deserved

B.  You're looking for ways to drink a cold beer on a really nice summer day

C.  Who cares, you won, and it's Bud Light we're talking about

:friends:

Can't the answer be A,B & C?

:drinks:

Awesome performance by Cahill. Good win Jay.

What happened to Galarraga? You chased him after just 2.2?

You must have had some "closed" door meetings with your pitching the staff too. -_-

Keep it rolling man.

* I see the Cubbies and the Brew Crew are slugging it out in yours as well.

Awesome performance by Cahill. Good win Jay.

What happened to Galarraga? You chased him after just 2.2?

You must have had some "closed" door meetings with your pitching the staff too. -_-

Keep it rolling man.

* I see the Cubbies and the Brew Crew are slugging it out in yours as well.

Galarraga was throwing 75mph changeups in the middle of the plate, it was almost too good to be true.  I was slobbering all over the place just waiting on the right location.   ;)  

But yeah, I showed them some films of Sweet Lou, and threatened to put him on the coaching staff if things didn't change.  

lol, he got tossed today btw, he says he's been too soft, trying not to embarrass himself by throwing the tantrums.  I want the old Lou back, I think the Cubbies need that fire.

At least once more before he retires.   ^_^

Nice win. It is always so much better when you take down a first place team.

I'm kind of surprised that Cahill went the distance and managed to shut down the Tigers. I've never seen him as a pitcher that has the capability of going past the 7th.

You definitely had a terrible month. You got any players that may have a chance of going to the All Star Game?

Nice win. It is always so much better when you take down a first place team.

I'm kind of surprised that Cahill went the distance and managed to shut down the Tigers. I've never seen him as a pitcher that has the capability of going past the 7th.

You definitely had a terrible month. You got any players that may have a chance of going to the All Star Game?

I'm surprised with Cahill as well.  After Duchscherer went down, he's been the only consistency in my rotation.  As far as this particular game against Detroit, I'm going to chalk the complete game up with a little bit of "help" or "luck" involved.  They were swinging often and early in the counts, hitting the ball hard, and there were a lot of balls that didn't make it to the outfield. I counted 13 ground outs, while Cahill only struck out 1 batter.  As awful as it's been lately, I'll take it.  But as you can see, Cahill pulled this off with only 80 pitches thrown, I'm usually in the 120-130 mark.

On their side of things, their starter Galarraga had nothing on the mound, and I jumped on him early and wasn't about to let up. With the way things had been going in the last week and a half, no amount of runs were safe.  It's a good thing I did, because when they brought in left hander Chris Seddon, it was game over.  His slider was sharp and his 2 seam fastball was exploding at about 3 feet in front of the plate, my predominantly left handed lineup was left out to dry.  As long as they weren't putting up any offense, I didn't feel the need to adjust.  He mowed down  11 of the 21 he faced.

The only player I have that might have been close (ASG) would have to be Matt Holliday (.292/16/47).

The leading vote getters for the AL outfield are:

Cleveland - Grady Sizemore: .274/18/49

Detoit - Curtis Granderson: .324/16/44

Seattle - Ichiro Suzuki: .307/8/36/19 SB

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cahill in the rotation for the All Star Game because his ERA is great.

It was lucky that you picked up some runs before Seddon came in because he had your number big time.

Looking at the AL East, i am glad that mine is nothing like that because i would be miles away from the lead.

Looking at the AL East, i am glad that mine is nothing like that because i would be miles away from the lead.

Yeah, Tampa Bay has been smoking from opening day.  And I hear you, I can't imagine having the top slated team in my division at 18 games over .500.  The season would practically be over already with the way my A's are playing.

On a side note, are you going to manually play your All-Star game?  I usually sim mine.

Yeah, Tampa Bay has been smoking from opening day.  And I hear you, I can't imagine having the top slated team in my division at 18 games over .500.  The season would practically be over already with the way my A's are playing.

On a side note, are you going to manually play your All-Star game?  I usually sim mine.

I am not sure what i am going to do for the All Star game this time around. Last year as you may know, i did a HR derby and played the All Star game.

I may do a HR derby again and then take a look at the All Star squads. If i like the players on one of the teams i will probably play it. If i don't like the general look of either team i will let the CPU play the game and just watch it.

You going to sim it this season?

I am not sure what i am going to do for the All Star game this time around. Last year as you may know, i did a HR derby and played the All Star game.

I may do a HR derby again and then take a look at the All Star squads. If i like the players on one of the teams i will probably play it. If i don't like the general look of either team i will let the CPU play the game and just watch it.

You going to sim it this season?

Yep, I remember your All-Star homerun derby from last year.  Very original idea, and it seemed to go over well.  I usually sim it and watch it play out, I don't think I've ever presented it.  I've not paid too much attention, but are there even '09 All-Star unis even available?  No big deal, it didn't even strike me until now.

I may sim it and present it this year, especially with the week off surrounding the game itself.  Not really sure yet.  

Yep, I remember your All-Star homerun derby from last year.  Very original idea, and it seemed to go over well.  I usually sim it and watch it play out, I don't think I've ever presented it.  I've not paid too much attention, but are there even '09 All-Star unis even available?  No big deal, it didn't even strike me until now.

I may sim it and present it this year, especially with the week off surrounding the game itself.  Not really sure yet.  

I haven't seen any '09 All Star unis but i have a soft spot for the unis that are in the '08 Mod so i don't mind.

I will have to start making a decision on who i want in the HR derby. I am going to aim to get to the All Star Break at about the same time the real All Star Break is.

I haven't seen any '09 All Star unis but i have a soft spot for the unis that are in the '08 Mod so i don't mind.

I will have to start making a decision on who i want in the HR derby. I am going to aim to get to the All Star Break at about the same time the real All Star Break is.

I agree, since I never play it anyway, the unis aren't reallly that big of a deal to me either.  I'm caught up with the schedule, so if I decide to present the ASG, I'll do it around the same day as the real game.

BTW, since we both really need to try and gain some ground before the break, at 40-42, who you got left on your schedule?  I've got a tough 9 games ahead:

Fri, Jul 3 @ Cleveland

Sat, Jul 4 @ Cleveland

Sun, Jul 5 @ Cleveland

Mon, Jul 6 @ Boston

Tue, Jul 7 @ Boston

Wed, Jul 8 @ Boston

Fri, Jul 10 @ Tampa Bay

Sat, Jul 11 @ Tampa Bay

Sun, Jul 12 @ Tampa Bay 

The All Star break is quite early in my schedule this season. I have 3 more games at home to the Twins. I also start Inter-league again. I have a three game set away to the Braves and then it is the All Star break.

Following the break, i have 3 games at Citi field and then at the Nationals.

I am dreading the Inter-league but hopefully i will pick up some wins this time around.

It doesn't look good for you. If i was you, i would be looking for 2 wins against the Indians and a single win a piece against the Red Sox and Rays.

Good luck Jay. Looks like Carmona might be tough.

Thanks, Maestro, hopefully I can get him figured out quick.  I was hoping to get at least 6 wins out of the 9 on this last stretch to the break, at least something positive after the 7 game losing streak. 

With 6 wins and an ERA under 3 (nearly 100 K's), it should be a good challenge.

Archived