~ Relive The Dyna'Sty ~ - A 2009 Season In Progress

JoeRudi26

OAKLAND'S DUCHSCHERER BACK IN ROTATION, LOOKING FOR FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON

*A's BATTLE FOR 4th STRAIGHT WIN  AGAINST CLEVELAND'S FAUSTO CARMONA*

v42has.jpg

I really like the cool blue look of your post-game updates, lineups, and previews.

If I were in charge of sandbox games, I'd be very interested in those.

Beautiful.

The "video game" faces as part of the starting pitcher matchup really add to the presentation. I know that takes time, but it 'shore does look pretty'.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, man, I always appreciate the kind words.  With the entire graphical presentation, I try to stay "in game" with the stadiums and players, etc.  For some reason, to me, it just seems like a shortcut to paste their real pic in.  I understand the limitations there would be if this were on the console, but I figure if you're going to present the game, then present the game.

I'm always on the lookout for something that catches my eye, especially now that Sportscenter has updated their graphics package. They did a fantastic job.

To me it's still about the game of baseball, this (the dynasty) is just an excuse to keep it on the surface.   B)

I assume you mean the blue ESPN Baseball Tonight Post Game graphic?  I take a pic (off the TV) with my digital camera, and then create the templates in Photoshop.  Most everything you see is done in Photoshop.

Pic from the TV:

Photoshop Created Template:

Yes, the franchise is "all about the game". I always limit myself to in game pics.

I figured you took pics of the TV screen images, because when I google for sportscenter screenshots (and every other type of search you can imagine), they never produce any of the images like the pics you took. The only way I got the MLBtv Mosaic images were from folks that took pics and wrote a review.

Yes, the franchise is "all about the game". I always limit myself to in game pics.

I figured you took pics of the TV screen images, because when I google for sportscenter screenshots (and every other type of search you can imagine), they never produce any of the images like the pics you took. The only way I got the MLBtv Mosaic images were from folks that took pics and wrote a review.

I hear you man, these (decent) images have always been hard to find on the net.  Like I said, I just eventually gave up and started using the camera.

I've done, and will present, some stuff of my own.  I'm thinking about creating an entire "Team Website Template" that could be used for post game material, and anything else that would be worthy of "reporting" from your dynasty.  When the template is complete, the rest is cake.

B)  

Duch is back in the rotation, but seems he's not yet "back".

He actually pitched pretty good despite the 5 run third.  Before and after that blowup, he was as solid as I could hope for.  I figured since it was still early in the game, I could possibly throw enough offense together to mount the comeback, and still have Duch on the mound.

As you can see, my defense was horrid, and doused any hopes of putting a run together.

At least you didn't let Carmona earn the CG, right? <_<

It's the only positive I could take from the afternoon.  By the time I knew I was going to lose the game, I was actually hoping he'd go 8.2 and slip on the mound with a season ending thigh injury.   ^_^

JR,

(I looked through the ntire thread before asking these questions)

Would it be too much for you to post your sliders? While I'm asking for a lot, would you be willing to attach the datafile you are using?

I know sliders are personal and tweaked to the individual, but I'd like to give them a shot, if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance (either way).

JR,

Since you're at about *that point* in the season ... have you thought about any scenarios involving a Matt Holliday trade?

I know you're likely about 5-7 games back, but it might be interesting/fun to go through some scenarios that could get you a starting pitcher and an OF to replace Holliday ... such as JSanchez and ARowand (SFG) for Holliday, or something like that.

I'm curious as to your thoughts on what could happen, or if Holliday is a mainstay with the team?

Looking at the standings you posted on page 10 (and assuming the A's would most likely deal him to an NL team) ... the DBacks, Giants, Reds, Astros, Phillies, Braves (maybe even Cubs & Brewers looking to get an edge over each other) would be darn near desperate for a bat like that to get them right in the thick of it.

Any of those teams have anything that picques your interest?

CC,

Not sure if you knew this, but I play my season only making trades that happen in real life.  I keep my eye on the MLB Transactions on a daily basis, and make the trades/aquisitions that actually take place.  I can't control injuries and the DL of course, and I don't do call ups and send downs for other teams, I let the CPU take care of how each team and their rosters are performing.  In a nutshell, I put the personnel in the right places, how they perform and how their respective "teams" handle them after that is out of my hands.

I do this to preserve the challenge of grinding it out with what I have instead of finding the quick fix.  To me, it's more rewarding to see how your decisions affect your given team in the long run.  A couple of years ago when I was doing the Cubs dynasty, I was struggling the whole season until I aquired Craig Monroe from Detroit, and he wound up being the main reason why I got to the post season and eventually win it all.  In other words, you win some, and you lose some.

That said, if I were to make ficticious moves, Holliday would be my bargaining chip for some better pitching, and possibly a young solid outfielder.

With the way things are going, I have no doubt Holliday is on the table and is going to be dealt.  In my dynasty, he's pretty much responsible for most of my wins.  Being as bad as they are, Oakland is more than likely going to dump salary and get nothing in return.

This could very well be a long, LONG season.   :huh:

CC,

Not sure if you knew this, but I play my season only making trades that happen in real life.  

Duh. I knew that, I read you explaining it to someone (bob maybe?) the other day.

With the way things are going, I have no doubt Holliday is on the table and is going to be dealt.  

The Cardinals keep popping up, but I'm not sure how that factors in after the DeRosa trade. Teams are going to want young pitching, and we don't have much left ... and what they have, they want to keep. But, with the season Albert is having the pressure is going to be on to make the playoffs. Cubbies are going to get Aramis back, and that is going to be a big lift for them. I sure don't want to see the Reds get him.

But, it'll be interesting to see what players you get. Unfortunately you're likely to get guys that can help you a year or two away in your franchise ... in other words, not at all.

Edit:

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres have traded outfielder Scott Hairston to the Oakland Athletics for two minor league pitchers and a player to be named.

The Padres announced the deal after losing to the Dodgers 7-6 in 13 innings Sunday. The Athletics sent right-handers Ryan Webb and Craig Italiano to San Diego.

Hairston was hitting .299 with 10 home runs and 29 RBIs in 55 games for the Padres.

Italiano, the A's second-round pick in 2005, was 5-6 with a 5.63 ERA for Class A Stockton, and the 6-foot-6 Webb, a fourth-round pick in 2007, was 7-1 with a 4.34 ERA and 39 strikeouts in 45 2/3 innings for Triple-A Sacramento .

Hairston was acquired by San Diego in a July 2007 trade with Arizona. He went hitless in five at-bats with a walk on Sunday.

Wonder if Oakland is preparing for something?

I am hoping for a nightmare of a series for you in the first 3-game set. :)

This whole season has been a nightmare, it won't be that much of a shock to go down to both of these teams.  Losing the right handed batting Crosby is taking it's toll.   :mellow:

Archived