~ Relive The Dyna'Sty ~ - A 2009 Season In Progress

JoeRudi26

Starter, Dana Eveland: 4-7, 3.99

Starter, Brian Anderson:  4-6, 3.82

What prospects would you be able to bring up that would post better ERA's than these 2?

They have losing records, but their ERA suggests they are pitching well enough to win.

Long Relief, Dallas Braden: 2-4, 4.81

Closer, Joey Devine: 1-4, 5.31

These two are 3-8 and have highish BP ERA's. THey can likely be replaced easily.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What prospects would you be able to bring up that would post better ERA's than these 2?

I'm likely going to move Jerome Williams back in the rotation, he's 1-3 with an ERA of 3.00, and call up Ryan Webb (AAA) who's 2-0, 2.82. I agree that Eveland and Anderson aren't giving up a lot of runs, but with 13 losses between them already, I figured I may as well start experimenting now to see if something sticks.

I'm going to go through the entire system (A's organization) in my dynasty tomorrow and start restructuring the pitching at all levels. I've still got relievers Andrew Bailey (1-0, 2.86), Kevin Cameron (0-1, 2.84), and Jerry Blevins (3-1, 3.18) pitching pretty well in AAA, and with Devine (1-4, 5.31) definitely getting sent down, I'm going to have to put someone in the closer role.

And you're right, Braden and Devine (and probably Russ Springer) are totally dipsensable to me at this point.  Whatever moves I do make will be relfected during the month of July, it's going to be interesting to see who gels and who doesn't.

I lost 7 in a row earlier in the season, but to be quite honest, it's not near as frustrating to lose in the late innings due to weak pitching, but like I said, it's fun and it's at least a challenge.  

Wow, 3 losses in a row by 1 run. :mad: Ya, definitely time to stir-up the bullpen with some changes.

Actually, I got swept by the Giants in the series before this one, and lost 2 of those by 1 run.  But you're right, that next win is going to feel pretty good.  

That is, if I win another one.   :mellow:

I'm likely going to move Jerome Williams back in the rotation, he's 1-3 with an ERA of 3.00, and call up Ryan Webb (AAA) who's 2-0, 2.82. I agree that Eveland and Anderson aren't giving up a lot of runs, but with 13 losses between them already, I figured I may as well start experimenting now to see if something sticks.

I'm going to go through the entire system (A's organization) in my dynasty tomorrow and start restructuring the pitching at all levels. I've still got relievers Andrew Bailey (1-0, 2.86), Kevin Cameron (0-1, 2.84), and Jerry Blevins (3-1, 3.18) pitching pretty well in AAA, and with Devine (1-4, 5.31) definitely getting sent down, I'm going to have to put someone in the closer role.

And you're right, Braden and Devine (and probably Russ Springer) are totally dipsensable to me at this point.  Whatever moves I do make will be relfected during the month of July, it's going to be interesting to see who gels and who doesn't.

I lost 7 in a row earlier in the season, but to be quite honest, it's not near as frustrating to lose in the late innings due to weak pitching, but like I said, it's fun and it's at least a challenge.  

This is where Maestro gets to have all the fun. All he has to do is think "What would Ozzie do?" and start throwing chairs, cussing, and demoting.

This is where Maestro gets to have all the fun. All he has to do is think "What would Ozzie do?" and start throwing chairs, cussing, and demoting.

That's the answer.  Instead of making ficticious trades with players, I need to get Piniella out here in Oakland to straighten out this pitching staff.   -_-

:D

That's the answer. Instead of making ficticious trades with players, I need to get Piniella out here in Oakland to straighten out this pitching staff.

Sweet Lou, calling Sweet Lou. :help:

Fire the whole *$#! bullpen.

A's SLIDE IN INTERLEAGUE PLAY, FINISH AT 7-11

Sent to AAA

P - Dallas Braden: (2-4, 4.81)

P - Russ Springer: (4-3, 5.21)

P - Joey Devine: (1-4, 5.31)

SS - Cliff Pennington

Called up to Majors

P -Andrew Bailey: (1-0, 2.01)

P- Jerry Blevins: (3-1, 3.18)

P -Chad Reineke: (2-2, 5.01)

P- Kevin Cameron: (0-1, 2.84)

*As you can see, it's pretty weak across the board, but I'm willing to start shaking things up in the hopes of finding some sort of chemistry*

*OAKLAND DROPS 7 STRAIGHT, 3rd PLACE IN AL WEST*

Ouch, when its bad, its bad! Somethings gotta give.....there's plenty of season left to get some winning streaks going. Your not too far out in the division.

This has been a much different experience than I had with Lou's Cubbies back in 2007.  I didn't score a lot of runs with that team, but the pitching was fantastic.  It seems to be the complete opposite here, I'm hitting the ball and scoring runs ok, but no matter what I do lately, I just cannot hold the opponent down.  

When I look around the league (MVP) and the MLB, things are playing out pretty realistically.  In real life, Oakland is pretty bad, so that basically tells me my game is playing 'the right way'.  Remember, I've only won 1 World Series Title in all the years I've been playing video game baseball, but to be quite honest, I've also never had a team this bad.  

As you know, I'll never restart the game if it's not going my way, to me, that mutes the entire point of even playing.  It is very frustrating, but on the other hand I'm beginning to realize that it's the biggest challenge I've ever had playhing this game.

Justin Duchscherer has just come off the 60 Day DL, hopefully things will start to turn my way.

Ouch, when its bad, its bad! Somethings gotta give.....there's plenty of season left to get some winning streaks going. Your not too far out in the division.

You're right, bob, there's a lot of season left.  As I always say, it's better to go through the turmoil while it's early so it can possibly get straightened out.  I've ran into a few good teams lately too, I'm ready to see some cushion in my schedule.

Hopefully I can rack up some W's.

C'mon man, take a risk and leave your starters in a little longer and try to avoid your 'Pen for a game or 2.

I'm going to give it a shot.  I usually pull the pitcher when his stamina is in the late 30's (%).  I'll try and push it a little longer, I mean, what have I got to lose?

I thought my bullpen was bad. :o C'mon man, take a risk and leave your starters in a little longer and try to avoid your 'Pen for a game or 2.

You got Chad Reineke?

I have him in my AAA team. He is my fifth starter and is doing a lot better for me.

Remember when I was having serious bullpen issues, that's what I did with my starters. Man, felt like Dusty Baker handling Prior and Wood. "Stay our there till your arm falls off." <_<

Jay's going to turn this thing around though, I can feel it. :hi:

I'm going to give it a shot.  I usually pull the pitcher when his stamina is in the late 30's (%).  I'll try and push it a little longer, I mean, what have I got to lose?

Don't go crazy with it but give yourself a limit of say 100 pitches because i notice that your starters tend to be out after around 70-80 because if you go too far your starter could get injured and that won't be good.

Archived