~ Relive The Dyna'Sty ~ - A 2009 Season In Progress

JoeRudi26

Yeah, I didn't realize how hard Brandon Medders was to hit either.  After that, it was pretty much downhill, I couldn't seem to hit anything.  BTW, I forgot to mention that Nick Lowry went down in Game 1 Friday night and was put on the 15 Day DL as well.  I may not be able to beat 'em, but I can put 'em out of commission for awhile.  :)

Anyway, looking forward to the updates on the Thome/Fielder showdown.  I still have my dibs on Thome.   :good:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's one way to get around Lincecum. :D

Man, their bullpen stepped up big time though. Eveland didn't pitch bad for ya. Looks like its a good series.

*Man, I'm having a fun series against the Brew Crew. I had forgotten how much fun it was to play in the NL. :p

Good luck in the rubber game.

Me too (StL @ Mil).

Game 1 -- Weeks wins it 6-5 with a walk-off 2R HR.

Game 2 (Actually 3, since I alt play/sim) -- Pujols homers in 4th (2-2 game). 6th inning, trailing 4-2, runner on 2nd, 2-outs, Schumaker get beaned, Duncan walks, bases loaded 2-out for Pujols ... ground out to 2nd. 9th inning, trailing 5-2, 2-out ... same scenario. Schu gets a hit, Duncan walks (3-2 count and I actually managed not to chase a high and outside fastball <-- miracles do happen), bases loaded for Albert, fly out to the track. I thought I was finally going to earn Pujols's card (5RBIs), but no dice.

JR ... not that you need any approval or anything from me, but great job on all the layouts. Amazing.

Thanks CC, I see (saw) in your Cards dynasty that you've spent some time in the "lab" as well. Very well planned out (graphics, layout) dynasty, season, chise, whatEVER "they're" calling it now, hopefully you'll keep updating.  :)

Sounds like you and Maestro have 2K9 working for you, hopefully we'll keep seeing your updates as the season progress.

Ah man Jay, came up just a little short. Tough loss man.

Hey did you see that Chavez will be out for the rest of the season?

*Also, man I had a complete-game shutout going with Colon last night. Broken up by JJ Hardy in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. He took a 1-2 slider and parked it into the cheap seats in right. :mad: And just like in real-life, I got the next batter out on a routine groundball. <_<

Ah man Jay, came up just a little short. Tough loss man.

Hey did you see that Chavez will be out for the rest of the season?

*Also, man I had a complete-game shutout going with Colon last night. Broken up by JJ Hardy in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. He took a 1-2 slider and parked it into the cheap seats in right. :mad: And just like in real-life, I got the next batter out on a routine groundball. <_<

M, this A's team is pretty weak at the plate, I'm dealing with alot less talent than I had with the Cubs team back in '07.  Seattle has managed to throw together a pretty little significant winning streak, and I'm starting to get buried in the pack.  I'll have fun with it, but this year is going to be a bigger challenge than I've had in a while.  Oh well... ^_^

I hadn't heard, but I figured Chavez was down for the count, with the season pretty much turning out to be a wash, I wouldn't expect them to want him hurrying back anyway.  Again, oh well..

As far as my season goes, for those who don't know, I don't simulate real life call ups, send downs, or injuries, I control those aspects of the game depending on player/team performance.

Speaking of Colon, don't you just hate when that happens?  How many hits did he give up? Sounds like the Brew series was a good one.  Not to pressure you, but you're about due for an update, aren't you?  :p

M, this A's team is pretty weak at the plate, I'm dealing with alot less talent than I had with the Cubs team back in '07.  Seattle has managed to throw together a pretty little significant winning streak, and I'm starting to get buried in the pack.  I'll have fun with it, but this year is going to be a bigger challenge than I've had in a while.  Oh well... ^_^

I hadn't heard, but I figured Chavez was down for the count, with the season pretty much turning out to be a wash, I wouldn't expect them to want him hurrying back anyway.  Again, oh well..

As far as my season goes, for those who don't know, I don't simulate real life call ups, send downs, or injuries, I control those aspects of the game depending on player/team performance.

Speaking of Colon, don't you just hate when that happens?  How many hits did he give up? Sounds like the Brew series was a good one.  Not to pressure you, but you're about due for an update, aren't you?  :p

Yeah, I'm the same way on call-ups/send down, etc.. Just doesn't make since to send a player down, etc..., if in your dynasty he's doing well.

Man Colon was just brilliant. He took a no-no into the 4th, before Braun broke it up with a 2-out hit. The majority of the hits came in the later innings, as I was really pushing him. His stamina needle was in the deep red when he took the mound in the 9th.

Colon: 9.0 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 5 K

Yeah, my update will be posted later tonight. Who's next on your schedule?

His stamina needle was in the deep red when he took the mound in the 9th.

But you gotta give him the shot to pull it off, who wouldn't, right?   :)

I'm facing the Dodgers, the best team in the Majors.  I see you got the Cubbies.  Man, the writeups should be electric.   :D

But you gotta give him the shot to pull it off, who wouldn't, right?   :)

I'm facing the Dodgers, the best team in the Majors.  I see you got the Cubbies.  Man, the writeups should be electric.   :D

Good luck with Torre and the boys. I expect you'll have some good games.

Man, I've been looking forward to the Cubs series all season. :aggressive:

I hadn't checked the entire league standings in a few days, looks like I spoke too soon..

The Dodgers were the hottest team in baseball and had been tearing it up from Opening Day, but it looks like they've cooled off a bit. They are 36-28 and lead the West (SF, 2nd place) by 6 games.

On the other hand, for now anyway, it looks like the party is in the East:

I hadn't checked the entire league standings in a few days, looks like I spoke too soon..

The Dodgers were the hottest team in baseball and had been tearing it up from Opening Day, but it looks like they've cooled off a bit. They are 36-28 and lead the West (SF, 2nd place) by 6 games.

On the other hand, for now anyway, it looks like the party is in the East:

20rjzb8.jpg

Wow, now that's a tight 3-dog race. :D

And, with the 3 teams you'd expect.

*Still, don't fall asleep on the Dodgers man. -_- Good luck.

Good luck, but i kinda hope the Dodgers win.

:ph34r: Then after this series i hope you win all your other games. :D

..yeah right bob, sure you do.. ;)

Seriously though, that's why I highlighted Kemp in the lineup box, I was kind of surprised too.  Looking through the lineup, this is going to be a tough series.  Everyone in that lineup has some pop.

Another A+ presentation by JoeRudi26. Excellent job man.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  

The post game template I've been working on for the last two days is probably some of the best work I've done to date.  I'll be posting it after the game later today.  Not much different as far as information, but I'm starting to really learn how things work down in the "lab".

Thanks for the input, guys.   B)

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  

The post game template I've been working on for the last two days is probably some of the best work I've done to date.  I'll be posting it after the game later today.  Not much different as far as information, but I'm starting to really learn how things work down in the "lab".

Thanks for the input, guys.   B)

Jay, you're mad I say... just mad. Diabolical even. But, there is a method to your madness or a madness to your method :D

Looking forward to the update. :hi:

Jay, you're mad I say... just mad. Diabolical even. But, there is a method to your madness or a madness to your method :D

Looking forward to the update. :hi:

I took my time on this one, and decided to see just how far I could push the Bevel/Emboss button.  

..and that little red one, whatever that one was...

:crazy:

Archived