~ Relive The Dyna'Sty ~ - A 2009 Season In Progress

JoeRudi26

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why aren't the Cardinals very good in any of these franchises?

That hurts my feelings.

On a serious note ... Why aren't the Cardinals very god in any of these franchises. If I'm not mistaken, Wainwright and Carpenter are very good, Pujols is Bebe Ruthio, Ludwick is an all-star, and Ankiel, Glaus, and Yadi are respectable. Is it because the real life Cardinals get so much out of their "average" pitchers on the staff (Wellemeyer, Pineiro, Lohse)? ... namely due to Dave Duncan being a pitching genuis.

Those damn Mariners :rolleyes:

Have the angels had any injuries JR?

Ervin Santana (2-1, 3.35) was among the league leaders in strikeouts when he went down with an injury in April, but is due to be off the DL in a couple of weeks.  Chone Figgins apparently was injured at one point, he has only played in 10 games this season. Brandon Wood not only stepped in for Figgins, he leads the entire team in offense, at .320/17/41

LAA seems to be a pretty average offensive team, hitting .268 @ 7th in the league.  That said though, they are next to last in the pitching category, with an era of 4.59.

With the absense of really more than one major injury, it looks to me just to be mediocre pitching.

Why aren't the Cardinals very good in any of these franchises?

That hurts my feelings.

On a serious note ... Why aren't the Cardinals very god in any of these franchises. If I'm not mistaken, Wainwright and Carpenter are very good, Pujols is Bebe Ruthio, Ludwick is an all-star, and Ankiel, Glaus, and Yadi are respectable. Is it because the real life Cardinals get so much out of their "average" pitchers on the staff (Wellemeyer, Pineiro, Lohse)? ... namely due to Dave Duncan being a pitching genuis.

lol, I don't know, man.  To tell you the truth, through playing 4 years of this game, it seems to me that they're always around the top of the Central, they even won it all in my dynasty in 2006.

If I was betting, this division will be turned upside down before it's over with.   B)

Barton is like a snail on the basepaths.

He was on first when Buck hit the two out single to right center.  Not too deep, but deep enough that Rowand and Winn had to take the wide angles.  I had just lost the one run lead, so I thought if there was a time to be aggressive, this was it.  I was running out of innings.

I gambled.  I lost.  I won't be pinch running with Barton anytime soon.

All in all, it was just one of those days.

RETRO DAY AT POLO GROUNDS, JUNE 24TH

*COME ENJOY THE THROWBACKS AT THE LEGENDARY POLO GROUNDS, NEW YORK, NEW YORK*

*Thanks to redsox for the gold Oakland throwback unis

*The game on the season schedule has Oakland as the home team, and San Francisco visiting.  I realized this, but wanted to present the game in the old stadium.  The Giants will be batting first.

*The Polo Grounds was demolished in April, 1964

Tough loss Jay, but I love the old-time theme/template. Great idea to utilize the retro stadiums.

Man, I love those old stadiums.

*Who did you have on the mound in the 9th? :shok:

Was your starter still in, and you were trying for that complete-game shutout? :D

Tough loss Jay, but I love the old-time theme/template. Great idea to utilize the retro stadiums.

Man, I love those old stadiums.

*Who did you have on the mound in the 9th? :shok:

Was your starter still in, and you were trying for that complete-game shutout? :D

lol, I have to admit, this one truly pizzed me off.   :D  I lost the same way last night on some bad fielding, but this had to be the worst relief outing I've seen in MVP, lol.  I brought Russ Springer in (in the 8th) and he was immediately shelled.  5 runs on 6 straight hits until I could get somebody else warm.  

Bottom nine the bats go cold, game over.  

Seriously though, it's been fun and a decent challenge.  This Oakland pitching has a lot to be desired.  But hey!  We get to play in old uni's tomorrow!!    B)  

GIANTS GO DEEP, SWEEP A'S IN SLUFGEST

*POLO GROUNDS TOO MUCH FOR OAKLAND PITCHING, GIANTS WIN 8-2*

At 35-38, Oakland has suffered the worst part of their season in the month of June, going 6-13

*Note - This park is a beauty, and extremely challenging to pitch in.  With the lines being 280' in left, and 258' in right, you almost have the 'feel' to want to keep the ball in the middle of the plate to prevent the batter from either pulling the ball, or making solid contact to the opposite field.  All homeruns were directly down either line, but again, anything remotely in the gap is more than likely going to be extra bases too.  It goes both ways, but I found myself on my heels the entire game, trying to keep the ball in play.  Overall, a great challenge -*

Just wanted to let those who are following know that due to time constraints, instead of updating daily, I may try to do it at the end of each series, or maybe only a few times a month, at least until the end of August, but I will follow through to the end of the season, no matter where my A's finish in the standings.

I'm in the process of learning how to mod overlays, so any spare time I do have I may try to put out something useful.  Maybe when I have a complete handle on it, I may take some requests, I really don't know how it will turn out.

Thanks.   B)  

Today's game vs Colorado:

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.  

6-14 in June

Lost 4 in a row

3-7 in last 10

Lost 3 out of last 4 from 7th inning on

Only 4.5 games out in AL West

This is without a doubt the weakest bullpen I've ever pitched (played) with.  No lead is safe.   :huh:

Today's game vs Colorado:

2z3ysjr.jpg 

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.  

6-14 in June

Lost 4 in a row

3-7 in last 10

Lost 3 out of last 4 from 7th inning on

Only 4.5 games out in AL West

This is without a doubt the weakest bullpen I've ever pitched (played) with.  No lead is safe.   :huh:

Wow, Jay. And I thought I was having bullpen problems. :blink:

That is rough man.

That is rough man.

Like I said, it's getting ridiculous.  If one of my relievers miss (in the red) on just one pitch, it gets absolutely drilled.  I've never experienced this in MVP, but I have to say I like the challenge.

How sad is it when you know a 5 run lead in the 7th may not be enough?   <_<

Like I said, it's getting ridiculous.  If one of my relievers miss (in the red) on just one pitch, it gets absolutely drilled.  I've never experienced this in MVP, but I have to say I like the challenge.

How sad is it when you know a 5 run lead in the 7th may not be enough?   <_<

Yeah, I can see the manager looking down to the bullpen, and NO ONE wants to look him in the eye, or get handed that ball. :)

Good luck man.

*Oh, in mine. Remember how Ozzie said is wasn't "scared" of Manny, and he'd pitch to him. He's regretting that now. <_<

Full update posted later tonight.

*Oh, in mine. Remember how Ozzie said is wasn't "scared" of Manny, and he'd pitch to him. He's regretting that now. <_<

Full update posted later tonight.

Looking forward to it, M.  Doesn't sound good though, Manny's pretty scary anytime he steps to the plate.  

Tough losses, JR. Seems like you could use some fresh arms in your pen. Who do you have in the minors?

Yeah x, it's been a rough June (6-16).  April (15-11) and May (14-14) were manageable, but it's getting to the point that I'm going to have to start making some big changes, and just simply take some risks on guys that haven't proven themselves at this level yet. I've done a little experimenting with a couple of call ups (Brad Ziegler,Vin Mazzaro), but after going through this rotation with a fine toothed comb, I can see where some of my problems lie:

Starter, Dana Eveland: 4-7, 3.99

Starter, Brian Anderson:  4-6, 3.82

Long Relief, Dallas Braden: 2-4, 4.81

Closer, Joey Devine: 1-4, 5.31

I've really sort of let these guys play it out to this point, but I think now's the time to make some major changes and use July as a measuring stick.  I can honestly tell you, this is the weakest pitching staff I've ever played with in MVP, but it's definitely a challenge.

Archived