Total Classics '98

andy82

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, it was 1999.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=33415&view=findpost&p=499035

Never understood why they gave up on that. I remember downloading the "final zip file" and they wern't too far off. A shame really.

i like it very much, great job :)

one issue though: i played a game with detroit vs tampa, and somehow there were paddings on detroit's road uniforms, not with all players, but with most of them. looked like unfinished catcher legguards

God I see what you mean. Seems like the trouser file placements got mucked up.

also seems that if i set the socks to high, they actually wear them regular, without the padding tho

Yeah there seems to be a problem with the trouser files of that uniform. I'll have that address as soon as I can check for other probs.

Great job andy! And sorry I didn't help ya out with those other portraits.

That's alright mate, your help was still key to the mod :)

The problems encountered so far are simple to sort out, but I'll give in another day before releasing anything to make sure nothing is missed out. I believe that is all the issues but knowing my luck I'm sure there's a huge list of issues!

Andy- also noticed that when playing a dynasty and doing a fantasy draft it uses all the players from all-star teams. So players like McGuire, Sosa, Mo Vaughn, etc are doubled in the draft.

I don't think there is anyway to get around that (Well, of my knowledge anyway).

I love this mod so far.

I am using the custom icon file on my desk top.

It is great.

I was just wondering if there were any other custom

icons for the other classics seasons?

I have, and play, them "all" from 46 - 98.

Has anyone made icons for any of these other

seasons?

Thanks for the detailed work.

Actually, I noticed there are quite a few All-Stars on the Free Agent roster. That may be the cause of his fantasy draft issue.

Andy, thanks again. This mod is too much fun! biggrin.gif

I spent ages trying to sort out the Free Agency but no matter what I did it would just re-add them. Very annoying but as far as I have seen in sims, I haven't seen any CPU's sign FA's so for the 1998 season it should be relatively untampered.

All of the players on the NL and AL all star rosters are set to unhidden and should be set to hidden. I've also noticed that when doing a fantasy draft there are quite a few players that don't appear in the free agent pool that show up. Albert Pujols, Lance Berkman, Carl Crawford, etc. I'm not sure how to find where these guys are coming from and how to stop them from showing up in the draft. Also, when I went through and changed all the all stars to "hidden", they still showed up in the draft. Anyone know how to fix these issues?

are you guys sure you need to set the allstar players to hidden? i'm looking at all other roster mods and the default rosters and none of them have this. this makes me speculate on how the allstar rosters were created. did you do them through a text editor? it's the most proper way to do it so that you are not creating duplicate players. there are others ways to do it, but some of those other ways create duplicate players in the game, hence why they would show up in the drafts...

are you guys sure you need to set the allstar players to hidden? i'm looking at all other roster mods and the default rosters and none of them have this. this makes me speculate on how the allstar rosters were created. did you do them through a text editor? it's the most proper way to do it so that you are not creating duplicate players. there are others ways to do it, but some of those other ways create duplicate players in the game, hence why they would show up in the drafts...

I believe Andy used Jim's process for making the all-star teams.

well i hope you figure it out, but that's my take on it.

as i mentioned before about the cyberfaces, i noticed several that could be updated. i can release an add-on pack for this if you want. there's lots of faces that could be updated. i've only gone through the mlb level so far, and these are changes you would need to make:

chuck finley 05 style

Troy percival 04 style

scott erickson 05 style

arthur rhodes 04 style

robin ventura 05 style

dwight gooden 05 style

mike jackson 05 style

derrek lee 05 style

bobby bonilla 05 style

john franco 05 style

bernard gilkey 04 style

edgar martinez 05 style

david segui 05 style

ron gant 05 style

will clark 05 style

juan gonzalez 04 style

then there are all these guys that can have faces, but they need to be assigned a face #. again, if you just tell what numbers, i can handle the facepack while you make these changes to the roster files.

jack mcdowell 05 style

devon white 05 style

dennis martinez 05 style

mark wohlers 05 style

mike bordick 05 style

joe carter 05 style

doug drabek 05 style

jimmy key 05 style

bj surhoff 05 style

steve avery 05 style

jeff blauser 05 style

lance johnson 05 style