Total Classics '98

andy82

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm planning on patching the mod shortly so you might as well list guys in the MLB in 98 that can be integrated (Don't bother about the AAA level, I'm not really focusing the mod on them)

I'll get you Fenway '98 day and nite.

Well I'm planning on patching the mod shortly so you might as well list guys in the MLB in 98 that can be integrated (Don't bother about the AAA level, I'm not really focusing the mod on them)

just take a look at the list above. you'll need to make some roster changes and assign some face id#'s.

Well I believe these are all the errors with the original mod (With the addition of a missing Expos portrait and a strange glitch where the front number of the Astro jerseys are the new ones even though it's correct on the back). I'll get to work with the patch but I cannot set a release date as the coursework factor comes back into play with the end of the holidays :facepalm:

tigerday.jpg w1280.png

tigerday2.jpg w1280.png

Never been happy with the Tiger Stadium crowd placement, so I changed it around quickly. In the outfield, empty blue seats (as befits a last place team, and provides a great background), with tiger-logo seats in the infield.

I sent day and nite to andy for inclusion in the patch.

i say take your time bud. it's great that you have this released already. i can help you with the cyberfaces as i mentioned, but i need you to do a litte leg work on it first. other areas that i think you can drastically improve this mod are to work on the player audios. there's plenty of them that can be easily done. also, i really think the minors could be better. not necessarily all of them, but at least the AAA level. there's a lot of guys there that could easily bounce between the majors and AAA that year. plus there are a lot of A,Player spots being used.

like i said, i know it's a lot of work, so i would just take my time if i were you. it's a hobby after all :)

Plenty of the player audios have already been done and are in use by TC10 and the other TC single season mods. I can send you a spreadsheet we have that lists all of the player audios that have already been done. In order to use them, you would have to change the audio / portrait ID's for some of the players and then re-import the player portrait (since the ID changed).

i say take your time bud. it's great that you have this released already. i can help you with the cyberfaces as i mentioned, but i need you to do a litte leg work on it first. other areas that i think you can drastically improve this mod are to work on the player audios. there's plenty of them that can be easily done. also, i really think the minors could be better. not necessarily all of them, but at least the AAA level. there's a lot of guys there that could easily bounce between the majors and AAA that year. plus there are a lot of A,Player spots being used.

like i said, i know it's a lot of work, so i would just take my time if i were you. it's a hobby after all :)

I do agree with the Audio comment but it not something that is a priority for me. I'm more than happy to have a look at Jim's spreadsheet and use his audio, but as far as creating new audios is probably out of sight until the summer.

AAA was never a priority for this mod, as from the start I stated that I had little interest in that side and the MLB was my focus. However, I will consider giving it a look, but not until the end of my college year in the summer, because the scale of what I will need to do for the AAA is almost on a par with building another mod.

Right, coursework done (for now). Portrait & Uniform issues are sorted as are the stadia, just need to adjust the id's for adding Homer's cybers that I didnt add in originally as well as the Audio from the other TC projects. Patch should be available soonish.

send me a pm when you get those numbers assigned. it'd be good if i can look over a copy of the roster so i can double check the assignments were made correctly (that's right, you don't have to do everything yourself :))

also double check that derek lowe has the right skin tone, as he has dark skin in my dynasty. you also have mike hargrove managing the m's. piniella should be the man. i didn't notice anything else yet, unless someone else has noticed anything.

send me a pm when you get those numbers assigned. it'd be good if i can look over a copy of the roster so i can double check the assignments were made correctly (that's right, you don't have to do everything yourself :))

also double check that derek lowe has the right skin tone, as he has dark skin in my dynasty. you also have mike hargrove managing the m's. piniella should be the man. i didn't notice anything else yet, unless someone else has noticed anything.

Sweet. That should save a hell of a lot of time/effort. Gimme 5 mins and the pm should be there :spiteful:

Haven't seen the Derek Lowe error but I see that I forgot to change the tone, should be sorted, as with the M's manager issue ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you totally zoomed out when pitching? (when your view is pitch 6/bat 1)

Because that is how it is in the datafile. If you don't like it just export all the stadiums out of the file, find a datafile with the camera angles you want then reimport the stadia.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an absolutely sick mod. This is especially awesome to me because I started playing baseball video games when I was 8 and got my Playstation. My first Baseball game was Triple Play 98 and I played that game nonstop because I had so much fun. I just looked through all of the rosters and I remembered probabally about 3/4 of the guys because of playing triple play so much. I was really amazed I still remembered those players. Anyway thank you to everyone who made this mod possible. Terrific job!

After customizing a bit with my datafile, loc files and gchanger, I started a season as the MTL Expos, because, hey, why not. Wasn't clear as to why all the zones are either blue or grey, though mostly blue. Is this to keep the long ball down? I know everyone has their own settings, but not too many balls were flying deep. In fact, I 1-hitted the Pirates (though that may not be a difficult task), but only won 1-0, gathering 8 hits.

• 1 year later...

index.php?app=downloads&module=display§

File Name: Total Classics '98

File Submitter: andy82

File Submitted: 30 Dec 2009

File Updated: 01 Jan 2010

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: 1.0

In a year where America was gripped by the race for Roger Maris' Single Season Homerun Record and the Yankees persuit of greatness, MVP Baseball users finally have the chance to change and relive history!

So many people need to be thanked for this project that I can't fit it here, but they are credited in the Readme and the License/CTS screen! Although I have been granted the permission of Project leaders that I've used work from, if there is anything included that you wish not to be used in the mod, please contact me so I can remove it.

Also, if there are any issues found in the mod, please post so I can address these issues!

I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I hated making it!

Click here to download this file

I really hate to bump a topic this old, but I was just wondering if this mod contains the minor league players as well? I can't download it as I am at work, but don't want to waste time downloading at home either (since I have a capped bandwidth) if it doesn't have the minor league systems.

Archived