Pc Patch?

Edgil

Does anyone know anything about a PC patch? I heard xbox just got a patch and I think ps3 is going to or just did? So what the heck wheres the PC patch?

So far I'm carrying a negative sentiment here especially to the fact that the game has so many issues. If all we were asking for was an upgrade that would be different. There are way too many bugs and unresolved issues probably most prominently the overwriting/freezing issue. If you can't even trust that your game can save and load properly without corrupting files and losing hours of gameplay then that is ridiculous. Having lost data and game files before due to not saving I save all the time, but now that isn't even safe with this game.

The fact that online play doesn't even work makes me wonder why they even put it in at all. Don't introduce a completely new feature just because it was highly desired after 2K9. If the programming/game wasn't ready, don't put it in until the next year because it's absolutely more disappointing knowing that you are supposed to be able to do something when you can't as opposed to not having that feature at all in the first place.

Minor bugs here are there don't bother me but this retail release has not just 1 but a lot of MAJOR issues and if a patch doesn't come out for the PC soon I wan't my money back. At the playability of the game right now I would say that it isn't even worth the lower price of just over $30 that I paid for it (I even pre-ordered the game in anticipation). How it plays right now at retail I would value it at maybe $10 because it might as well be used to only play exhibition games in the fear of losing save files.

Please show the PC some love and get this patch out, the only hope I have is that a patch did come out in a decent amount of time for 2K9 so hopefully we can expect the same this time around.

I agree. $30 is $30. This game isn't worth $10 w/ all these bugs. I will also want my money back if they don't soon produce a patch because if they don't, this will fall under fraudulent advertising. I feel as if I been taken for my $$. This is BS!

I agree. $30 is $30. This game isn't worth $10 w/ all these bugs. I will also want my money back if they don't soon produce a patch because if they don't, this will fall under fraudulent advertising. I feel as if I been taken for my $$. This is BS!

They will produce a patch. Just need to be patient.

I understand $30 is $30, but other people paid $60 which is double the price of the PC version. It's only natural that they want to keep the people that paid more happy.

They will produce a patch. Just need to be patient.

I understand $30 is $30, but other people paid $60 which is double the price of the PC version. It's only natural that they want to keep the people that paid more happy.

No, we don't need to be patient. 2K Sports need to make the f'in patch. Why do we need to be patient ? They ported the game over to PC strictly for money ( and did a sloppy job ) and we gotta be patient while the consoles get patches first ?

I know 100% that I made the right decision this year by going with The Show. Every issue I can think of since '08 has been addressed, and then some. With a (finally) good working slider set, the game is playing incredibly good all the way around, with realistic numbers in just about every category I can think of. Along with the unbelievable presentation and just the multitude of different options, I am finding the game almost impossible to put down.

I've went through the 'routine' with 2K last year, and with the game being bogged down by so many issues, it just seemed logical to me that they weren't going to be anywhere close to being ready at any point, especially when they market new features ahead of addressing broken fundamentals.

I don't want to sound negative, and I don't want to bring people down, but 2K's (PC) patch last year couldn't come close to solving all of the problems in the game, and knowing their history, I honestly wouldn't get too excited over it this year. I realize some people don't have a PS3 and have no other choice, and for that reason I truly hope the patch comes through this time and fixes everything that it needs to. Like I've always said, if they come through, I'd still love to have a new PC baseball game.

No, we don't need to be patient. 2K Sports need to make the f'in patch. Why do we need to be patient ? They ported the game over to PC strictly for money ( and did a sloppy job ) and we gotta be patient while the consoles get patches first ?

Umm, is this your first PC baseball game, or do you just have short term memory? Hell, even I could rush out a PC patch for you by tomorrow, but I promise it wouldn't fix sh**.

The fact that this is nothing more than a sloppy PC port should tell you something about how they rate PC gamers right off. And yes, they sell far more console versions of the game, and it costs double what you paid. If you can not see that you are 3rd on the totem pole (maybe even fourth, depending on what they feel about the Wii players), you are crazy.

What would be the point in them hurrying out a crap patch for you ASAP if all it is gonna do is break the game even more? I am sure they could, and I promise you that it would. You guys might not like to be patient, and think the world revolves around you and your PC, but there is no way in hell they will rate your PC patch ahead of XBOX360, or PS3. And a hurried patch that doesn't do anything right would cause people to cry even more then they already are.

I have been reading for years how crappy 2Ks baseball games are, and how crappy their customer support is. Yet, every year the SAME people go online and complain about how this part of the game is broken, or that part of the game is broken... Complain about how 2Ks support is crap.... How long does it take to get a clue?

2K is the exclusive MLB licensed game maker. They are the only ones that are gonna make a PC game. PC gamers (at least in the sports realm) have already been labeled as the bottom feeders in the gaming industry. You are stuck with what you have got, and nobody likely even cares all that much. They want you to go buy a console so they can charge you $60 instead of $30. In other words, you are lucky you even get what you have.

Take it or leave it. I choose to leave it. Even if I ever do get this game for PC, it will be bought with the notion that it isn't a very good game, and it will not be supported in the same way a console version is. I would be instead getting it for what it is. A PC baseball game that people can create better looking mods for, and that is about it.

Don't expect a PC patch anytime soon, the people who play NBA2K10 still have not got a PC patch and even though they patched the 360 they are in no hurry nor do they mention that they are going to do a PC patch.

Go to 2ksports.com and you can read the posts. I installed the game and now am going to emove it till they get it fixed,they really do not pay attention to little details of the game.How can so many portraits have the old pictures of players some who have not played for the teams that show for over a year.If they can't get the little easy detail right how can we expect them to get anything else right even with a patch.

The player picture thing is even a bigger deal when you consider the fact that I have yet to see a guy without an updated photo in The Show. I am not saying there isn't any, I have just not seen one. How you gonna have pics that are at least 2 years old in a game, when the other company doesn't have any that aren't updated? lol Hell, even if they had to photo shop some pics to get them right. ;)

How long does it take to get a clue? 

It wasn't the broken game that got me, it was their total lack of support after the fact.  They proved they either don't know or don't care how bad their product is, as long as they get your money first.  I realized that after 2K9, and it took me only reading 3 or 4 posts when 2K10 came out,  to know that nothing had changed.

I can't for the life of me figure out how they stay in business.  

Maybe I'm just too easy to please but I find playing 2k10 to be very entertaining. I don't play online so maybe that would change my perspective but the actual game play, I think is very good and IMO not worthy of all the b------- and moaning that some are saying.

Yes, there are issues but none that are going to cause me to un-install or return for credit.

In one respect, 2kSports is in a no-win situation with those that are unhappy with the PC version. Some believe 2kSports marketed the game for PC players merely to line their pockets. However, if the didn't offer the game for the PC, can you imagine all the hell that would break loose from those wanting the PC version?

The PC version is out...it is playable...not perfect but playable.... Even if there is no patch, the game can and is playable without having to endure any major errors.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

In my case, that is Spring Training franchise game number 12. So far, the Cubs are not playing well, having won 4 and lost 7...(And to think some feel 2k10 isn't accurate! What more proof does one need?)

P.S.....Looking forward to many more mods by the world's best modders!

Then you should have spoke with your wallet and not purchased until a patch was released.

Not trying to be rude, but this is 2K Sports after all. Since the games on the consoles are more, they will get the patch first. Think about this way, if you were 2K Sports would you rather feel the anger from the people that paid $30 for the game or the ones that paid $60 for the game?

I'm just as pissed about the patch delay as you, but really, you aren't forced to purchase the game.

Then you should have spoke with your wallet and not purchased until a patch was released.

Not trying to be rude, but this is 2K Sports after all. Since the games on the consoles are more, they will get the patch first. Think about this way, if you were 2K Sports would you rather feel the anger from the people that paid $30 for the game or the ones that paid $60 for the game?

I'm just as pissed about the patch delay as you, but really, you aren't forced to purchase the game.

Well said! Still want my PC patch though.

I did speak with my wallet. I wouldn't buy another game from 2K Sports after I bought MLB 2K9.

Like I said before, I didn't purchase and of course I realize I'm not forced to buy the game, which is why I didn't.

Maybe I'm just too easy to please but I find playing 2k10 to be very entertaining. I don't play online so maybe that would change my perspective but the actual game play, I think is very good and IMO not worthy of all the b------- and moaning that some are saying.

Yes, there are issues but none that are going to cause me to un-install or return for credit.

In one respect, 2kSports is in a no-win situation with those that are unhappy with the PC version. Some believe 2kSports marketed the game for PC players merely to line their pockets. However, if the didn't offer the game for the PC, can you imagine all the hell that would break loose from those wanting the PC version?

The PC version is out...it is playable...not perfect but playable.... Even if there is no patch, the game can and is playable without having to endure any major errors.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

In my case, that is Spring Training franchise game number 12. So far, the Cubs are not playing well, having won 4 and lost 7...(And to think some feel 2k10 isn't accurate! What more proof does one need?)

P.S.....Looking forward to many more mods by the world's best modders!

I beg to differ, after losing 30+ hours of gameplay in My Player mode when I just got the game at the release (unaware of this now known bug). I lost all of the time and effort I put into my player and was really close to taking my copy back to Gamestop. The only thing that stopped me was the tiny slim little bit of hope I have for a patch and my deep love for baseball and baseball video games and the fact that I don't own any consoles. I don't see why I should have to buy a console when my PC is easily upgraded and customized and can outperform any xbox360 or PS3 and has been able to since 10 upgrades ago. I never thought once to back up my save (even though it's really easy on a PC) I didn't anticipate so many problems because I had basically none with 2K9. I've even heard of people having the same corrupt file auto-save overwriting problem with franchise mode (talk about banging your head against the wall).

Anyways, I just hope the patch comes out soon just to fix the major problems I don't care about any gameplay issues because it plays well but not even being able to save without corrupting your files, uhhh pretty freaking huge problem.

I heard it wont even come out until the 2nd xbox patch, absolute crap if you ask me especially because more than 90% of people who own and game on PC's run some version of Windows and I guarantee those people have invested more money in Microsoft than any xbox "gamer".

ITS CONFERMED!!!

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260339

Hey guys,

Dev has confirmed to me that there will be a PC Patch for MLB. If any of you have been noticing the long process that is involved with the NBA PC Patch, it will lag behind the console patches and then go through a rigorous QA and Digital Distribution cycle. But least I can confirm that there will be one.

The PS3 patch will be a combination of the past 360 patch and future one. Read into that what you will. Thanks.

Ronnie

I find it pretty disturbing that Ron and 2K has the audacity to say they are putting these things through "rigorous QA". I would think any type of real rigorous QA cycle will ensure that no patch is needed for such basic functions of their software in the first place.

ITS CONFERMED!!!

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260339

...and I still don't know how to provide feedback to 2K on the game without joining their forums, which I'll not be doing any time soon. I couldn't even find an e-mail address or webform to contact support on their website.

...and I still don't know how to provide feedback to 2K on the game without joining their forums, which I'll not be doing any time soon. I couldn't even find an e-mail address or webform to contact support on their website.

There's an email listed in the "manual", but I don't think they respond to anything sent there. There's also a Toll Free number..

Archived