Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Themewin - I put the pictures on top of the border on purpose because sometimes I don't like the way the border looks on top of everything.

Roy31 - I'm glad you like it, if you want your name or anything in it, let me know as I saved the PSD.

BigJay - Very nice sig, I see you gathered your skills from KC very well. The only thing that I see wrong with it is some spots that you missed on cutting out such as the hat around Wagner where you just see his head, and then the ball that Wagner is throwing in the other picture. But overall, very nice design.

I refuse to do a sig of a player who stole the real sandman's music. :roll:

:p Check back tomorrow.

Shame on you, KC! 8O Treachery! He's an into music thief. :lol:

My latest. Not made one in a while, now that I think of it.

lncl0ex.png

His new album is the best album from anyone in quite a while. Hip hop today is lost. :(

Nope, not what I meant, lol but sorry for not fully stating what I meant. If you take a look at the sig you made for NYM, you will notice that there are white splotches around Wagner's head where you missed some spots while cutting out, and for the ball, it has flat edges instead of being round, once again from where you missed some spots while cutting out.

The best thing to do for cutting an image out is to zoom in about 5-600% and use the pen tool or polygonal lasso tool. That way by zooming in, you can tell where the pixels start to seperate and life is much easier on you. Also when doing a cutout, after you paste or open your picture you are using, delete the background layer so you will be left with a transparent backing. If you are still having trouble with this, I'll try and make a tutorial this weekend.

I'd like to add to Franchise_Player's post by saying that when cutting out hair or anything without definate edges, use about 1px feathering. That cuts down on the sharp edges. You can do this by changing the number at the top of the screen while using the polygonal lasso tool (the tool options panel).

-dan