Guess My Question

The date: June 16th, 2010.

The place: The Mvpmods shoutbox.

The participants: Yankee4Life, Maestro23, wolfy6finger and redeck.

The subject: Funny questions that we have come across over the course of spending time online here.

What we are going to attempt to do here is post actual questions and comments from users here. The person's name will not be mentioned at all unless they want to come in and say it. The purpose of this is not to point and laugh at the poster. If that were the case we'd provide names and link to the actual thread. The purpose here is just to share a laugh and to show everyone here that if a person is going to ask that question then the question that you have been wanting to ask but haven't really isn't so bad after all.

This thread also recognizes the talents of Homer over at Mlbmods.com who has answered some of these questions along the way. Stop by at Mlbmods to say hi to Homer. He's the guy with the great cyberfaces over there.

Let's get things started in here

There was a poor fellow who was having a hell of a hard time finding the Total Installer Thingy for Mvp Baseball. He looked high and low for it. Where did he say he looked? Was it....

A.) In the Mvpmods and Mlbmods download section?

B.) Over at MLB.com?

C.) attached in the latest 2010 roster set?

What's your guess?

Let's get things started in here

There was a poor fellow who was having a hell of a hard time finding the Total Installer Thingy for Mvp Baseball. He looked high and low for it. Where did he say he looked? Was it....

A.) In the Mvpmods and Mlbmods download section?

B.) Over at MLB.com?

C.) attached in the latest 2010 roster set?

What's your guess?

B

The correct answer is......B

And here is the original post, not linked to the topic but word for word where you can see this is not being made up:

Hello everyone. When I try and download TiT from MLB.com it gives me a index.php file No other site has the TIT program. Therefore, I can't install the 2008 total conversion mod for MVP. Please help. Thanks in advance

Next??

When is a bump not a bump?

One fine day in Mvpmodsville we had a guy post a question. A good question too, I will give him that. But he got impatient. He bumped his thread after only six hours of waiting because no one responded to him. When it was explained to him that he can't bump his threads, what was his comment?

A.) I did not. I just responded again.

B.) I thought everyone forgot about the question.

C.) It was not to bump any threads. I just wanted the thread to pop up in the latest thread section on the front page

Next??

When is a bump not a bump?

One fine day in Mvpmodsville we had a guy post a question. A good question too, I will give him that. But he got impatient. He bumped his thread after only six hours of waiting because no one responded to him. When it was explained to him that he can't bump his threads, what was his comment?

A.) I did not. I just responded again.

B.) I thought everyone forgot about the question.

C.) It was not to bump any threads. I just wanted the thread to pop up in the latest thread section on the front page

C

Next...

Can we work on Fenway Park please?

Not long ago we had a request for some touch-ups on Boston's Fenway Park. Seems as if ole Fenway didn't look quite right to someone's eye. Did he....

A.) Ask if someone could take the dings out of the Green Monster?

B.) Ask that the dimensions be fixed?

C.) Ask that the left field wall have a darker shade of green?

• 1 month later...

Here is a hard one.

I downloaded a stadium mod for MVP. Instead of reading the provided instructions that come with the mod, did I...

A. Un-Rar the stadium and place it in the wrong directory?

B. Try to use the TiT program to install the stadium?

C. Forget to install it and then wonder why the new mod didn't show up?

Here is a hard one.

I downloaded a stadium mod for MVP. Instead of reading the provided instructions that come with the mod, did I...

A. Un-Rar the stadium and place it in the wrong directory?

B. Try to use the TiT program to install the stadium?

C. Forget to install it and then wonder why the new mod didn't show up?

I'm going to go with "A. Un-Rar the stadium and place it in the wrong directory"

I'm going to go with "A. Un-Rar the stadium and place it in the wrong directory"

Incorrect. Told you it was a hard one. The answer was B. Here is the exact quote:

Hmmm...I downloaded the new Yankee Stadium and tried using TIT to install it. Didn't seem to work

Next!

The subject: Hey, I'm curious about something with Ty Wiggins' roster editor for MLB 2K10.

Was my question...

A. Can I still use it even if I don't want to edit the rosters?

B. Why didn't 2K include this in the game?

C. Will the roster editor for MLB 2K10 work with MLB2K11?

Next!

The subject: Hey, I'm curious about something with Ty Wiggins' roster editor for MLB 2K10.

Was my question...

A. Can I still use it even if I don't want to edit the rosters?

B. Why didn't 2K include this in the game?

C. Will the roster editor for MLB 2K10 work with MLB2K11?

It's got to be "A. Can I still use it even if I don't want to edit the rosters?"

Archived