Game Availability

Hollywood70

Same here. Gamestop said they don't stock it -- but they would have if I'd called last week and asked them to order one - DOH! Guess I'll download it from Amazon, and if need be by a "hard copy" later.

same thing for me , even had a guy tell me you should of pre ordered it online....which wasnt an option at all from everything i saw on gamestop's website. Ended up just getting the digital download from amazon, hoping we dont need that hard copy later :)

Just got off the phone with Gamestop rep, and apparently they want you to download from them. No Best Buy in the entire state of Virginia is carrying it for PC. Call me old school, but I truly desire to hold the disk in my hand! Off to Amazon to order, I guess, hopefully by the end of the day someone will find THE store to walk in and lay down our shekels.

Okay, we can save 3 cents (unbelievable, but true) by ordering at Amazon for 29.96. The good part is that you're eligible for free shipping as it is more that $25. I'll just keep rolling with last years version (which is not too bad) until this arrives. Thanks to those who have already gone out looking or phoning for this game.

Should there be a 2K13, I will be sure to call gamestop and request one to be shipped to their store for me. Guy at Best Buy said that the PC game section shrinks so much each year that he wouldn't be surprised if they don't carry PC games at all within a year or two. Us old schoolers are really not the target demographic, to be sure.

Re: having a hard copy - I agree, I like to have one. The only thing that would cause me to buy one at full price would be if there's a situation where the inevitable patch isn't available for downloades versions. Otherwise, I'm sure by August or September, will be easy to get a copy dirt cheap.

I did the Amazon Pre-Order deal with Release-Day Delivery so I saved my 3 pennies and have been sitting here patiently waiting (well, not really) for the UPS truck to come for the past 8 hours (I actually took off work today and tomorrow to be able to get a good start with this new toy).

The tracking site confirms that my package is on a truck and out for delivery, but they say deliveries can come as late as 7pm ET, so I’m now down to the final 4 hours of that window… of course the doorbell could ring at any moment, so the anticipation is building.

The most shocking thing to me was that the option for guaranteed delivery right on March 6th was a mere $0.99, while the one-day overnight delivery method would have cost an extra $10.

Imagine saving $9 just to get the thing one day earlier!

Qbrick, you got the golden ticket! :good: We will be about six days behind you. Was really banking on Best Buy to come through, but as was mentioned earlier, their shelves for PC games is drying up, and they will probably jump on the bandwagon of downloading directly to the PC. In fact, 2K didn't even offer it in their "store" on their website.

ordered mine thru gamestop because last year i had to order online as well.Just recieved my game a few mins ago and getting ready to install. I paid for the overnight and was getting close to UPS closing time and was worried lol

I just caved and bought it on Steam. I really thought I could make it until next week, but since all Best Buys and other stores in my area have it on "backorder" and will ship to store in who knows how long, I didn't want to take the chance of not getting it at all.

I still will worry about a patch for downloaded versions but Steam is usually pretty good about that sort of thing so maybe 2k will have to get any PC patch out the door a bit faster.

EDIT: huh, my steam download is only 5.5 GB in size. Wonder why that is? Compressed?

Edited by pitchleague

I dont know why there is this fear of digital downloads, they are the same files that at come on a disc(unless you're talking about Steam). If you feel bad because you don't have a hard copy..... Just burn the files to a dvd and now you have a hard copy! There is a bonus to digital downloded games...you don't have to plug the disc in to play the game. I always backup my downloads to disc for safety reasons, in case you lose your hard drive or something.

Life is good as I returned home to find my copy in today's mail. Don't know if it's a fear of digital download as SeaTrane suggests, but more of personal preference and a "it's good to hold it in my hands!" :) I'm aware we're moving towards almost total downloads for PC, but for now, it's great looking at the PC-CD case! Time to install!! :)

I bought my CD version from Amazon yesterday. I would have had next day shipping for free, but I have a PO Box and that disqualifies me. Price was $29.99 INCLUDING free shipping. Should ship today and arrive between March 19-21.

Edited by Crites

I bought both 2K10 and 2K11 from the old direct2drive.com as digital downloads and never had a problem with either game. Unfortunately they've been bought out by another company who's not offering 2K12 for the PC.

If someone has downloaded the new game from Amazon, how is it? Any problems? Does Amazon support their digital download games with patches? The other place I used to buy from always did.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I dl from Amazon and all is well, read my other posts. With the exception of not having a disc nothing is different. You download and open the file folder and click on the install.exe file and off you go . The game is yours , you have the files, you can install it as many times as you please and you don't have to run a disc in your drive to play the game.