MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

RGlass - Not sure if it's just me but the history isn't showing up on any of Anaheim players, and first player on Arizona (Aquino) but the rest (so far) it seems fine.

Also I think the error 3200 or whatever, I got it too, turned out that file had imported players from 2004 rosters, but if i use the roster without imported players, no error comes up, so it could be that.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a problem. Right after I install it, and I try to run it, I get the following error: "Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Can someone help me with this. I'd really like to be able to use MVPEdit.

Trememdnous job once again. Just a question. Is there any way to pull in all stats from an individual player from the Lahman Database similiar to how you can pull in career stats by finding the closest player match? I am trying to make a roster that has each team's best players, but what I am doing is pulling in entire teams, getting the players I need, and then repeating. I would have to pull in about 20 Yankees teams just to move over the players that I need for one 25 man all time roster.

Thank you once again for all of the hard work. This editor has made this game one of the best baseball games ever.

Cris987,

Open an .mbe (Roster) file in MVPEdit that you wish to Import a Team from the Lahman Data Base into. Click on File / Import / Lahman Data Base. Select the Team from the list by clicking on it. Select the Team you want to either Replace or Add this Team to within the .mbe file opened. Click OK. It should be there.

Make certain you have the Lahman Data Base file located within the MVPEdit directory.

Trememdnous job once again. Just a question. Is there any way to pull in all stats from an individual player from the Lahman Database similiar to how you can pull in career stats by finding the closest player match? I am trying to make a roster that has each team's best players, but what I am doing is pulling in entire teams, getting the players I need, and then repeating. I would have to pull in about 20 Yankees teams just to move over the players that I need for one 25 man all time roster.

Thank you once again for all of the hard work. This editor has made this game one of the best baseball games ever.

The Lahman database doesn't have splits for data, so it would all be guess-work just like it is now. But I suppose it is possible, yeah. I might include this in my next release. Eventually you will also be able to just import specific Lahman players, and not an entire team.

The Lahman database doesn't have splits for data, so it would all be guess-work just like it is now. But I suppose it is possible, yeah. I might include this in my next release. Eventually you will also be able to just import specific Lahman players, and not an entire team.

Okay, I dun get this. The people above say that the career year-by-year stats are screwed up, but it would be fix if you use the Lahman IMport. How do I do this?

Hey rglass, first of all thanks for the editor, without it most of us we be continually waiting for ea roster patches. i have been trying to get the roster template i put together into the new version for mvpedit.4. and i have run into a couple of problems. when exporting the dats, then viewing them in the game, several of the free agents are missing and a lot of fake players are in their place. all of the players on the free agent list appeared in the earlier versions of mvpedit.

my second problem is that when i attempt to import the roster template from the games mvp baseball directory, it works and when i save it as another name and open the free agent list, i get the following error: run-time error '35602' Key is not unique in collection. I noticed that a small ldb file appears in the mvp edit folder when i updated the career statistics of the 2004 imported players as well as the non mlb-pa players. i don't know what to do with that file if i upload the updated rosters to this site. does that file need to be incorporated in the upload??? i package mbe edit files as well as dat files but i don't want to upload until the problems are determined fixed. any help is much appreciated. i can email you the file if that would help you. thanks again for your contributions the past two years.

D.M.Z.

first time on this thread, so THANKS for the great editor rglass.

i've been editing like crazy but i found a small problem i was wondering if you are addressing or if there is a fix (i only read the last 4 pages of posts). using the salary converter to update newly signed player, i find a $200K discrepancy/yr. on conversion.

Ex. Ray King in EA roster earns 1 yr./$400K yet shows up 1 yr./$600K

his actual contract is 2 yrs./ $4.7 mil. when i enter in using MVPedit, it shows as 2 yrs. at $2.1 million/yr., a $300K reduction from actual. i know this has to do with "shrinking" down to last years point system. is there anyway to change the old system to the new system within MVPedit. Not a top priority, but i would like to portray accurate contracts.

at first i didn't even recognize there was a salary converter like a dummy.

so i posted the way i had been making changes to salaries by manually editing the attrib.dat file by

player attribute #40 = # of yrs. in contract

attribute #41 = (#+1)*$100K = annual amount

would this help in converting contract to dollars in MVPedit and ditching the conversion system

Quote Chris 987

Okay, I dun get this. The people above say that the career year-by-year stats are screwed up, but it would be fix if you use the Lahman IMport. How do I do this?

I you haven't downloaded the lahman database, check the link at glass4.com. Download the database and copy it into you mvp edit folder. now open a roster that is compliant with the mvpedit v.4. click on the stats button for a player and look for the career batting and/or pitching stats tab on a player. say barry bonds. click on the lahman button on the right and give it a few seconds to find barry's name. when it comes up, click o.k. and his yearly career stats will appear. now a couple of players are messed up. check spanish fly's response. i think osik and ligtenberg. you can edit the team mistake by highlighting the year that the team is wrong and look to the right side of the editor which gives you the option of changing the team that is highlighted. then choose the correct team. hopefully somewhere in this ramble you got answers to your questions.

Hey rglass, first of all thanks for the editor, without it most of us we be continually waiting for ea roster patches. i have been trying to get the roster template i put together into the new version for mvpedit.4. and i have run into a couple of problems. when exporting the dats, then viewing them in the game, several of the free agents are missing and a lot of fake players are in their place. all of the players on the free agent list appeared in the earlier versions of mvpedit.

my second problem is that when i attempt to import the roster template from the games mvp baseball directory, it works and when i save it as another name and open the free agent list, i get the following error: run-time error '35602' Key is not unique in collection. I noticed that a small ldb file appears in the mvp edit folder when i updated the career statistics of the 2004 imported players as well as the non mlb-pa players. i don't know what to do with that file if i upload the updated rosters to this site. does that file need to be incorporated in the upload??? i package mbe edit files as well as dat files but i don't want to upload until the problems are determined fixed. any help is much appreciated. i can email you the file if that would help you. thanks again for your contributions the past two years.

D.M.Z.

Never mind, going to try something.

D.M.Z.

Hey, D.M.Z, that's the same problem I get when i try to convert your template to MVP Edit .4 style. Hope Robert can fix this, thx.

D.M.Z. - download my rosters.

I'm definately going to check out your rosters. i just want to get this roster template up so others can use it with the new mvpedit.4 and maybe create their own. it never hurts to have multiple rosters available.

I am getting errors trying to export my files back into the database folder. It says free agents are more than 0 players, export halted. I was stupid and deleated my patch 3 install. Can I find that again as I didnt have these toubles until I updated to version 4. Thanks

Cubby, download my 2.1 rosters. They're season stats are uploaded (a couple of the scabs' teams were messed up but I fixed those). So far, I haven't seen anyone else's fixed up like mine are (cheap plug). Check them out and let me know what you think.

I cant find your rosters for some reason. Can you direct me to them. Thanks!

OK to use .4 you have to export in .3 add three files and import using .4

I'm trying to convert a 2004 roster

I ran the converter then loaded the new MBE in .3 but none of the single A teams have any pitchers so it will not let me export the roster.

I would like to finish the roster in .4 so I do not have to go back and import all the career stats from lahman. (when I import the teams in .4 career stats are done automaticly)

is there any work around for this, or do I have to fix the single A teams before I can use .4

ok edited all the single A teams for six pitchers

when exporting I get this error

Run-time error '3265':

Item not found in collection
this is while it is exporting the manager.dat file here is what the incomplete manager.dat contained

0 first_name,1 last_name,2 manager_jerseynum,3 manager_audioid,4 manager_height,5 manager_weight,6 manager_boneprofile,7 manager_face,8 manager_face2004style,9 manager_skintone,10 manager_hairstyle,11 manager_haircolour,12 manager_facialhair,13 manager_bodytype,14 manager_hitting,15 manager_baserunning,16 manager_fielding,17 manager_pitching,18 manager_salary,19 manager_reallife,20 manager_birthday,;

0f58f3c1b,0 Default,1 Default,2 99,3 5000,4 72,5 200,6 27,7 901,8 1,9 0,10 3,11 4,12 0,13 1,14 70,15 70,16 70,17 70,18 1,19 0,20 4384,;

Archived