MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow anywhere between 20 to 25 players on a minor league team.

krawhitham clued me in on this. You can now have anywhere between 20 and 25 players on each of the 90 minor league teams. ML teams still require 25 players - no more, no less. You can have 0 to 255 free agents.

Thanks to krawhitham.

THANK-YOU SO MUCH

this will speed up total classics 2005

figured it out, might not help you though

last season the fsh files inside the big files were not compress, this year they are

I imported a photo using MVPedit, when I looked at that player (#0475) the game crashed

I then opened the portraits.big file and pulled the fsh file out that MVPedit made

I compressed that fsh files using eazip (eazip -c 0475.fsh)

I then put the FSH file back in the portraits.big files using EA Graphics Editor

loaded the game and the portrait worked

:arrow: :D8)8):lol::p :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Still driving me nuts that I cannot set the portraits, tried it all, what the heck is different from last year?? Any Help? It actually searches for 3-4 secs, but always CANT FIND ANY PICS....Here is what I did:

Open MVPEdit

IMPORT

select EASPORTS/MVP05/data/database

name it roster 2005

then start going through the players, and no portraits, and I have all the checkboxes selected :cry:

Still driving me nuts that I cannot set the portraits, tried it all, what the heck is different from last year?? Any Help? It actually searches for 3-4 secs, but always CANT FIND ANY PICS....Here is what I did:

Open MVPEdit

IMPORT

select EASPORTS/MVP05/data/database

name it roster 2005

then start going through the players, and no portraits, and I have all the checkboxes selected :cry:

What is the directory selected in the Tools/Options?

Can anyone please explain to me how to convert exported .dat files from MVPedit to a valid Xbox save file?

I was told you could simply remove one of the .big files in the database directory and upload the individual .dat files, but that doesn't seem to be working. Is there any way to compress the .dat files into a .big file? Thanks a lot.

One error i noticed, is that when i was doing a roster update, for about 9 AAA teams it sets the 5 rh_roster_nl_battingorder and 9 lh_roster_nl_battingorder for the SP1 to -1, when it should be 9, in roster.dat

Ex:

what it looks like:

000000008,0 0005972f2,1 0bb459fc5,2 SP1,3 -1,4 SP1,5 -1,6 SP1,7 -1,8 SP1,9 -1,;

what is should be:

000000008,0 0005972f2,1 0bb459fc5,2 SP1,3 -1,4 SP1,5 9,6 SP1,7 -1,8 SP1,9 9,;

The stances are all correct, if a player doesn't appear in the list but in the game then that means it was a duplicate stance and I just picked the most famous player. We went through the same thing last year.

Okay, I must be dense because I don't understand this. For example, when I choose "Casey" in MVPedit, it maps to "Klesko" in the game. I can't choose "Burnitz" in MVPedit, but I think if I use "Posada", I get "Burnitz" in the game. As for "Ordonez," I can't figure out how to choose this stance in MVPedit, but it's certainly in the game.

What am I missing?

When I switch from "Cleveland Indians" to "Detroit Tigers", the program crashes.

With what rosters?

anyway to make global edit sortable?

Probably, I will look into it.

How come in the other post, they talk about stances like the Burnitz stance and the Renteria stance, but they aren't even in MVP Edit?

This will be answered in the FAQ section

One error i noticed, is that when i was doing a roster update, for about 9 AAA teams it sets the 5 rh_roster_nl_battingorder and 9 lh_roster_nl_battingorder for the SP1 to -1, when it should be 9, in roster.dat.

With what rosters?

Okay, I must be dense because I don't understand this. For example, when I choose "Casey" in MVPedit, it maps to "Klesko" in the game.

It's the same stance either way, Casey and Klesko have the same stance. I haven't fooled around with it much but it's really not that big a deal.

As for "Ordonez," I can't figure out how to choose this stance in MVPedit, but it's certainly in the game.

Ordonez has the same stance as Mike Lowell and Jason Bay.

Okay, I must be dense because I don't understand this. For example, when I choose "Casey" in MVPedit, it maps to "Klesko" in the game.

It's the same stance either way, Casey and Klesko have the same stance. I haven't fooled around with it much but it's really not that big a deal..

As for "Ordonez," I can't figure out how to choose this stance in MVPedit, but it's certainly in the game.

Ordonez has the same stance as Mike Lowell and Jason Bay.

Sorry, dude. I'm sure I should have known that about Ordonez, Lowell and Bay. As for Casey and Klesko, I know they have the same stance, I was just wondering why the "Klesko" stance is called "Casey" in MVPedit. I guess if there was a "Casey" stance in the game, I could understand it better. As far as I'm concerned, you can identify the stances using any system you choose, and I can research and figure it out. MVPedit is an immensely helpful tool, and I was just pointing out something I thought might make it even better. No biggie.

I was thinking that if you could make it where this program can open an owner mode save, that would be awesome.

Personally myself I'm having a helluva time making money and staying in the green, and with only 30 years... I WANT A GOOD LOOKING PARK BEFORE 5 years or however long it will take.

Just consider this idea, I'm sure you have already thought about this too. Thanks and keep up the great work :)!

Yeah, there are probably some issues there, if someone could provide me with an actual list of stances in the game that would probably help.

I'll try to do this when I get home, if someone doesn't get to it before then.

With what rosters?

With my rosters, when I first started to update from EA's default files and ran the error checker it gave me 18 warnings. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I played the game and saw that the teams with errors all had "null" where the pitcher should be in NL Lineups. I think what is causing the problem is that when you change the #1 pitcher to another pitcher that it sets rh_roster_nl_battingorder and 9 lh_roster_nl_battingorder bot to -1, because that's what it is for every bullpen position except for the SP1.

Two Questions:

Did you incorporate this in your code?

and

Is this made in VB? :)

With my rosters, when I first started to update from EA's default files and ran the error checker it gave me 18 warnings. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I played the game and saw that the teams with errors all had "null" where the pitcher should be in NL Lineups. I think what is causing the problem is that when you change the #1 pitcher to another pitcher that it sets rh_roster_nl_battingorder and 9 lh_roster_nl_battingorder bot to -1, because that's what it is for every bullpen position except for the SP1.

Two Questions:

Did you incorporate this in your code?

and

Is this made in VB? :)

I'll take a look, maybe they changed the order of the file this year and I didn't notice. Or something.

if you just loaded the EA roster and then did the error check, I do not think MVPedit has changed anything at that point

the errors might be with EA's roster

I noticed last year the GAME would allow contact and power up to 127, MVPedit would not. But if you loaded a roster that has players at 127 and then exported them in MVPedit they were still at 127. as far as I can tell unless you edit something in MVPedit when you export the roster all they things you did not edit are 100% the same as they were before using MVPedit

Archived