MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know what the Batting Styles are? I mean, I know that they are the kind of swing and follow-through the player has, but the only thing listed is "1 - Unknown", "2 - Unknown", "3 - Unknown", etc.

Any way we can find out what those are? If not, I plan on testing them tonight to see if I can find out.

don't know if this has been mentioned previously in this thread but when i make changes to the rosters in mvpedit and export, the game runs fine but whenever i try to save in owner mode (may happen in other modes but owner mode is the only one i've tried) the game crashes to the desktop. once i copy over the default dats from disc 1 i can save no problem.

don't know if this has been mentioned previously in this thread but when i make changes to the rosters in mvpedit and export, the game runs fine but whenever i try to save in owner mode (may happen in other modes but owner mode is the only one i've tried) the game crashes to the desktop. once i copy over the default dats from disc 1 i can save no problem.
try just the manager.dat

Hey RGlass..I'm just wondering how come the batting stances have some players that aren't even in the game, like Robin Yount and Furcal (which's supposed to be Lofton). Also you can change the generic 2 and 3 to Edgar Martinez and Tony Batista (it sucks he's not in the game this year, just because he's in japan :roll: ) Would be nice if you fix up the stances list to the correct names.

Hey RGlass..I'm just wondering how come the batting stances have some players that aren't even in the game, like Robin Yount and Furcal (which's supposed to be Lofton). Also you can change the generic 2 and 3 to Edgar Martinez and Tony Batista (it sucks he's not in the game this year, just because he's in japan :roll: ) Would be nice if you fix up the stances list to the correct names.

The stances are all correct, if a player doesn't appear in the list but in the game then that means it was a duplicate stance and I just picked the most famous player. We went through the same thing last year.

MVPedit 2005.3

Here's what has been fixed:

Fixed the manager.dat export problem.

Was causing crashes in owner mode. I claimed to have fixed it in the previous version, but alas, I was wrong. The lesson is, don't hold down Ctrl-Z when trying to undo a change, for you will probably end up undoing too much.

Fixed the org.dat export problem.

And this was causing crashes in dynasty mode, after the free agent period was over in the offseason. If you've already started a dynasty you'll need to restart if you were using custom rosters.

Thanks to llcmac.

Changed birthdays so they aren't a day off anymore.

Noticed I was adding a day to everyone's birthday, so I removed it. Problem solved, I think. Let me know if you see any birthday's that are wrong.

Allow anywhere between 20 to 25 players on a minor league team.

krawhitham clued me in on this. You can now have anywhere between 20 and 25 players on each of the 90 minor league teams. ML teams still require 25 players - no more, no less. You can have 0 to 255 free agents.

Thanks to krawhitham.

Download from the link below:

http://www.glass4.com/MVPedit/

Robert, I'm getting this now with version 2005.3 (when trying to import):

Import error. Could not find the file 'team.dat'. Please verify this file is in the DAT directory you specified.

EDIT: Ooops, sorry...I was double-clicking datafile instead of database. My bad!

found a bug

0f58f3c1b,0 Default,1 Default,2 99,3 5000,4 72,5 200,6 27,7 901,8 1,9 0,10 3,11 4,12 0,13 1,14 70,15 70,16 70,17 70,18 1,19 0,20 4384,;

0f58f3c1b,0 Default,1 Default,2 99,3 5000,4 72,5 200,6 27,7 901,8 1,9 0,10 3,11 4,12 0,13 1,14 70,15 70,16 70,17 70,18 1,19 0,20 4384,;

it duplicated it, i don't know if will crash because of that, but i thought i'd bring that to your attention

Archived