MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

I'll take a look, maybe they changed the order of the file this year and I didn't notice. Or something.

i had the same problem. all you have to do is move the pitchers around in the rotation in mvp edit, check for errors. they went away for me. then i just moved the players back to where i wanted them in the rotation and had no problem.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had the same problem. all you have to do is move the pitchers around in the rotation in mvp edit, check for errors. they went away for me. then i just moved the players back to where i wanted them in the rotation and had no problem.

I know how to fix it, all you have to do is go into the roster.dat file and change the two values that are -1 to 9.

Just was wondering what kind of resources would you need in order for MVPedit to have the same functionality as HighHEatedit, in that you could change roster and portraits from your edit tool during Dynasty mode. This is only a Primilinary question for my own knowledge, and would appreciate any respond!

Hmm.

An insider on the MVP Baseball development team would help, like what DangerZ had.

Then I'd need a team of programmers, probably recruited from here. Either that, or someone to pay me a lot of money to quit my job and work on this full time. :)

Just was wondering what kind of resources would you need in order for MVPedit to have the same functionality as HighHEatedit, in that you could change roster and portraits from your edit tool during Dynasty mode. This is only a Primilinary question for my own knowledge, and would appreciate any respond!

.SAV file editing, basicly a complete rewrite of the program, plus he would have to research where everything is located in the sav file

I do not think he has that kind of time, I'm sure if you pay his salary for the next 6 months he might do it

do .SAV files have checksums?

what would be cool if someone created a .sav decompiler, build a roster set from a sav file and vice versa

This version runs really poorly for me for some reason. I used the patch to update because I had the QR version for MVP2k5 and now it just chokes. I'll click on a name and it'll lock up for several minutes and then if I'm lucky I'll be able to move the person around.

Any ideas? I used MVPEdit all last season with no probs and the QR ran fine as well.

MVPedit 2005.4

Release notes:

With the ability to edit career year by year stats in this version, a few changes had to be made that will cause some compatibility issues. These are the steps you must take in order to migrate to 2005.4. READ THESE CAREFULLY.

!!! RELEASE NOTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Include hist.dat in all future releases of your roster.

2) Before you upgrade to MVPedit 2005.4, export your MBE file to a DAT file and copy the default version of these three files into the export directory: hist.dat, org.dat and team.dat. Then, upgrade to MVPedit 2005.4, and reimport the DAT files.

3) Old MET files and MEP files will no longer work with this version. You will need to import any you have, upgrade, and then re-export them.

!!! RELEASE NOTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what has been fixed:

Ability to edit career year by year stats added.

Pretty obvious, going by the release notes above. You can modify stats by year for players, including adding years, removing years, and changing stats. You can also calculate the career stats based off of the sum of the year by year stats.

Lahman import of career year by year stats.

The Lahman import will now also bring in the career year by year stats for all the players. For those of that have already used the Lahman import and just want the stats for a specific player, there is a "Lahman" button on the stats screen that will bring in the stats for that player. Note that you only have to use it once per player - it will bring in both the hitting stats and the pitching stats. The list of players to import from is very large (think every player that has ever played), so the stat import "guesses" at which player you want to import before you actually do so.

Thanks to krawhitham and Micropterus58.

Fixed ordering of teams (dual all-star bug?).

I am now ordering the teams based off of their order in the default DAT files (hence the copy in the release notes). I think this fixes a few issues that people had last year, one of them being copies of players getting votes for the all-star game. But I'm not sure.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD READ THE RELEASE NOTES.

http://www.glass4.com/MVPedit/

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD READ THE RELEASE NOTES.

I am using EA's rosters from patch 1. can i upgrade without doing anything? i'm not really sure as to number 2 of your release notes.

Patch 1 is fine. Here is what you need to do:

Basically at some point in time, you need to export your roster, copy those 3 files over your export, and reimport it - this will get your MBE file up to date. Probably better to just upgrade to 2005.4 and then do this.

I copied over those three .dats you said to and this is the error I get when I import:

Run time error "3022"

The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

What did I do wrong?

I copied over those three .dats you said to and this is the error I get when I import:

Run time error "3022"

The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

What did I do wrong?

Uhh, I dunno. Try uninstalling MVPedit, delete the directory c:program filesMVPedit, and reinstall.

i need alot of help lol this is my first purchase of the MVP Baseball series, i downloaded this and am not sure what to do when i open it it says "Component "TABCTL32.OCX" OR OE OF ITS DEPENDENCIES NOT CURRENTLY REGISTERED: a missing a file or invalid" any help would be great thnx in advance

Robert, do we still need to be aware of the number of portraits we import? I was just thinking about last year when MVPedit (gfxpk, I think it was) got irritable when there were more than 3000 (or whatever the magic number was) portraits. With the addition of single-A, do we need to watch out for this with your new versions of MVPedit, or has it been resolved?

Great work - I hope you're also finding time to enjoy the game yourself!

Robert, do we still need to be aware of the number of portraits we import? I was just thinking about last year when MVPedit (gfxpk, I think it was) got irritable when there were more than 3000 (or whatever the magic number was) portraits. With the addition of single-A, do we need to watch out for this with your new versions of MVPedit, or has it been resolved?

Great work - I hope you're also finding time to enjoy the game yourself!

I have no control over what gfxpak does. The crashing at 3000 was never a problem with MVPedit - it's a problem with gfxpak.

i need alot of help lol this is my first purchase of the MVP Baseball series, i downloaded this and am not sure what to do when i open it it says "Component "TABCTL32.OCX" OR OE OF ITS DEPENDENCIES NOT CURRENTLY REGISTERED: a missing a file or invalid" any help would be great thnx in advance

Did you install the full version?

Archived