MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rglass, i noticed that the error with the imported stats from lahman database to players who played for either milwaukee and baltimore, show oakland when imported. these are the only two teams that become oakland and the only errors i have found when updating career stats. just wanted to let you know, thanks again for the great editor.

rglass- finally after all this time i dloaded the tool. i really enjoy it very nice! i have one question which i posted in another thread i'll just copy and paste it. i don't necessarily feel it's a glitch with your program, but maybe you can make a suggestion. sorry if this has been addressed:

" i have found one glitch in this. when u import barry's picture into the game it replaces a lot of the guys w/ blank photo slots. i was playing a game against the cards and diaz came to the plate and he had barry's photo then i looked at seattle mngr hargrove and he had his photo too. i'm assuming that whichever of the non MLBPA photos you imported first will replace the blank ones. in my case it was bonds, but if you had imported say millar first the empty slots would contain his pic."

Glassman:

Is it possible to have created players in MVP Edit having the face portraits that players created in-game have? The ones that aren't real, but show a picture of a guy with the same facial features as the player.

As you know, I'm creating this roster and all the guys have blank portraits. Can't find the value for it in MVP Edit either.

Rglass, i don't have duplicates in the free agent section of the roster i am working on but i am missing several players that i imported from mvp 2004 when viewed in the game. they are replaced by fake players. is there anything that i can do to get these players to appear on the free agent list instead of having fake players substituting for them. in mvp edit, all the players that are real show on the free agent list but when i export the roster and check in the game at least 30% of them are replaced by fake players. i didn't have this problem in the mvpedit v.3, all the free agents in mvpedit safely exported to the game and there were no fake substitutes. i have updated the 2005 roster template i created with the career stats, nice work by the way, but can't figure out this problem. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Hey baseballfans--

I'm still having the same problem emeyekayiee was having after following your directions. Should the file go in windows/system or windows/system32? I put it in the system folder like you said and it didn't help. System32 already has a file with that name so I didn't replace it. Should I? Also, you mentioned using the Windows disc to find other files but I don't have one--I'm using an HP that came with a recovery partition instead of a Windows disc. And I actually reinstalled Windows just a couple months ago so I really shouldn't have any missing files. Any ideas?

Sorry, I meant that I was getting the same error as emeyekayiee. The exact error is "Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I'm running XP. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

rglass- finally after all this time i dloaded the tool. i really enjoy it very nice! i have one question which i posted in another thread i'll just copy and paste it. i don't necessarily feel it's a glitch with your program, but maybe you can make a suggestion. sorry if this has been addressed:

" i have found one glitch in this. when u import barry's picture into the game it replaces a lot of the guys w/ blank photo slots. i was playing a game against the cards and diaz came to the plate and he had barry's photo then i looked at seattle mngr hargrove and he had his photo too. i'm assuming that whichever of the non MLBPA photos you imported first will replace the blank ones. in my case it was bonds, but if you had imported say millar first the empty slots would contain his pic."

never mind i installed the mlb logo update for blank photo slots, and this took care of the problem.

when U try to open MVPEDit

usually a message come out and state what file U missing. Plus it help to tell me what OP U using win95 to ME ,xp etc....

Running Windows XP: "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invaldi"

Please help with this one, your first method doesnt work here.

endeavor download this

baseballfans

Place the COMDLG32.OCX to

WINDOWSSYSTEM (If U originally have this file there first back it up and than replace it)

Go to your Start button and then click on Run

Type

regsvr32 windowssystem32COMDLG32.OCX

If everything work U should see DllRegisterServer succeeded

does it go in the system folder or system32 folder? because right now it cant find the file! Thx for your help so far, I hope we can get this going, since MVPEdit is so important, didn't do this with the 5.3 version.....

EDIT...EDIT...EDIT

I finally got it, thx again baseballfans! Now I even have all the portraits :)

Hi guys, I posted this on another thread, can anyone help w/ this. Thanks in Advance

Rglass,

I've downloaded your MVPedit (which is great by the way), but an error/bug I noticed is, for an example, when I downloaded my updated Cardinals roster, some of the players face attributes don't "import" correctly.

For example, when I created Rhett Parrott, a white guy, I set his skin color = 2, hair style = 6, hair color = brown, facial hair = none.

However, when he is imported and in game he is black. So, I goto to create/edit players. He is black, and his attributes are locked in as 1 (white), 6, 6, 1. This happen w/ almost "fake" player that I edited. They don't have the same facial attributes that I set in MVPedit

Is this a bug who have come across or is there something I missing when editing players that is throwing everything off. Do I have to change the "face" value to something (I leave it - anywhere bettwen 902-915). I change the audio/portrait, using someone's numbering system from this board.

Please just a little feedback. Thanks & keep up the great work, Wolfy

Finally got the game today and just can't get this damn thing to open for me. :cry:

~I've installed the official patch and then installed llcmac & hypnoxxx 3.4 rosters. When I try to import the data files into mvpedit, nothing shows under the data folder in the menu. I can't seem to individually select the 8 different dat files needed. I then save the data folder as a whole which works. Do I have to name it a special name?

So I when I save it I get a runtime error "53" file not found.

I then try starting up mvpedit again, I go to open, double click on my newly saved data.mbe and get, runtime error '3021' no current record.

I apologize but I've read through the entire thread and can't seem to find someone who had the same problem as me. I'm hoping it's just a newbie mistake but I'm stumped.......... :cry:

Finally got the game today and just can't get this damn thing to open for me. :cry:

~I've installed the official patch and then installed llcmac & hypnoxxx 3.4 rosters. When I try to import the data files into mvpedit, nothing shows under the data folder in the menu. I can't seem to individually select the 8 different dat files needed. I then save the data folder as a whole which works. Do I have to name it a special name?

So I when I save it I get a runtime error "53" file not found.

I then try starting up mvpedit again, I go to open, double click on my newly saved data.mbe and get, runtime error '3021' no current record.

I apologize but I've read through the entire thread and can't seem to find someone who had the same problem as me. I'm hoping it's just a newbie mistake but I'm stumped.......... :cry:

When importing, you should import from the database directory.

Cubsfaninfla, a little more information would help. Nothing at all would be solved if everyone made posts like that.

What error was it?

What was the error number?

What was the error description?

When did it occur?

That would help a lot more than just saying "I keep getting a run time error. Help".

Oh my MarkBTheYankee, thank you! I don't know what I was doing but I guess I wasn't double clicking on database. She opened up and imported perfectly.

One more question, can you only edit your exhibition rosters or can you edit your dynasty also. If you can edit your dynasty rosters, how do you get it to show up? Its just that I've created one player in my dynasty and when I go to look at the teams lineup, he is not there.

Thank you for taking the time in my previous problem.

Archived