MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can only edit the stock rosters. So you can have the rosters you want in your dynasty, but you would have to make them how you want before starting the dynasty, export them, and then start your dynasty with them. If you want to edit a player mid-dynasty, you would have to use the in-game editor or make the change in MVP Edit, export the rosters again, then restart the dynasty.

You're welcome. :D

You can only edit the stock rosters. So you can have the rosters you want in your dynasty, but you would have to make them how you want before starting the dynasty, export them, and then start your dynasty with them. If you want to edit a player mid-dynasty, you would have to use the in-game editor or make the change in MVP Edit, export the rosters again, then restart the dynasty.

You're welcome. :D

Got ya! By editing a player mid-dynasty and then re-starting the dynasty, you mean starting the dynasty completly over correct?

The biggest thing I was hoping to do was being able to edit salaries through my dynasty. But I guess this isn't possible?

Thanks for your time again! :)

Time for a ball game....

Indeed, I meant starting the dynasty over. Unfortunately, you can't edit that kind of thing mid-dynasty, although you could last year with a utility by MVP2k4. Don't think he's making one this year as he's not around.

Noticed when using MVPEdit, now all the teams in-game are swapped and their are no in-game logos. When I choose Redsox vs. Marlins it's the Sox and Marlins but it says it's the Pirates and some other team and has no ingame logos, anybody have this problem and if so how is this fixed?!

When importing, you should import from the database directory.

Cubsfaninfla, a little more information would help. Nothing at all would be solved if everyone made posts like that.

What error was it?

What was the error number?

What was the error description?

When did it occur?

That would help a lot more than just saying "I keep getting a run time error. Help".

Whenever I open my saved datafile, "Run-time error 3021" occurs. It says "no current record".

RGlass - Just wondering if there's any chance you could maybe expand the name characters one or 2 letters longer since when i put Rowland-Smith, I couldn't reach to the 'h' 'casue it was full. I know you might be not sure 'cause of the possibilities of crashing the game, but I think it should be fine since EA have Van Betschon (or whatever u spell that) and that's longer than the required character on your editor.

ook im new to this editor stuff i downloaded the program but what do i do next im confused sorry

press import, select your mvp05/data/database folder, press ok, choose what you want the name of your roster to be, press ok, then you can pretty much edit anything imaginable when it come to rosters. ENJOY!

Anybody know what the Batting Styles are? I mean, I know that they are the kind of swing and follow-through the player has, but the only thing listed is "1 - Unknown", "2 - Unknown", "3 - Unknown", etc.

Any way we can find out what those are? If not, I plan on testing them tonight to see if I can find out.

Any news on this? :)

I know that #1 is a 2-handed follow through and #2 is a 1-handed. But what could 3-5 be?

Any news on this? :)

I know that #1 is a 2-handed follow through and #2 is a 1-handed. But what could 3-5 be?

I would like to know this as well.

Other requests, for the new version could you implement the LA change for the Angels? Kraw already sent me the LOC file changes and my roster with that change.

I don't know if this is MVPedit's fault but BAL and MIL translate to OAK when you import career stats. Plus, can you solve this run-time 438 error? Sometimes it occurs, sometimes it does not.

ok, another problem....i made my changes in mvp edit, what should i do with the edits in order for them to be put in the game correctly?

btw, how do you import cyberfaces and pics into mvp edit? where do you put the cyberpictures and pics?

sorry, i'm just starting out.

I downloaded MVP Edit, installed it with no problems and launched the file.

I got the following error message:

Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I have no idea what that meant so i looked through this thread for some help... didn't see any.

Then, and only then did I copy all of the files from data/databses over to the mvp edit directory and I got the same error.

Perhaps this is the problem I'm having, but what/where is the MBE file everyone is talking about.

figured it out, might not help you though

last season the fsh files inside the big files were not compress, this year they are

I imported a photo using MVPedit, when I looked at that player (#0475) the game crashed

I then opened the portraits.big file and pulled the fsh file out that MVPedit made

I compressed that fsh files using eazip (eazip -c 0475.fsh)

I then put the FSH file back in the portraits.big files using EA Graphics Editor

loaded the game and the portrait worked

rglass95, rglass95, my mvpedit will not work

I downloaded MVPedit for MVP2005. MVPedit installed with no complaints. I tried to import the data files from MVP 2005 (the MVP patch 1 is also installed), but MVPedit fails to load the data file, saving "Runtime Error '53' File not found".

Any ideas what that means?

I downloaded MVPedit for MVP2005. MVPedit installed with no complaints. I tried to import the data files from MVP 2005 (the MVP patch 1 is also installed), but MVPedit fails to load the data file, saving "Runtime Error '53' File not found".

Any ideas what that means?

OK, I figured it out: When you import using MVPedit, you have to import from the 'database' directory, located at Drive:WhereEverYouInstalledMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase. You also need to change the permisions on the 'database' directory and turn off "Read-Only". Otherwise, you won't be able to load the files.

Hope this helps others!

Archived