MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime I run MVP Edit it runs very slow. It hesitates severly on selecting players and dragging them into lineups, etc. Anyone know how to fix this?

Go to options and turn off "Show Player Faces" and "Show Player Portait", this will make it go faster

i keep getting a runtime error. Am i doing something wrong?

Ar least some users here are replying to this issue; last year, SEVERAL e-mails to mr glass elicited NO response regarding this issue in MVP 2004; I am VERY loathe to use the prog w/mvp 2005 due to this; MAYBE Mr. Glass should consider posting some instructions for this prog (so that users DON'T get game crashes, and CAN create the players as they are supposed to be) ?????????

Oh, and btw, b4 some smart *** says it something about my sys configuration that is causing the crash; I have 25 + years building pc's so I KNOW it is not that!

Have some respect he has put an amazing amount of hours into this, i do believe it is you that cannot run the program. Maybe 25 years of building PC's (even thought the PC came out in 1980 so you were building Apple IIE's) isn't enough help for you.

If you are a "I am VERY loathe" then don't use it and don't complain.

Did you read the redma, or figure you could just figure it out.

HAVE SOME RESPECT.

READ THE README.

I would not respond to your illiterate emails either.

Have a nice day.

Pirate, don't worry about it. If this fool does in fact have 25 years experience of building PC's (Which I don't think is actually possible, as you said), then he/she should know a little something about posting errors and sorting them. Since he/she didn't post what error they were getting, the description of the error, or even when it occured, I wouldn't help them either.

So, level42uk1959, I'll tell you the same as Rob would probably tell you with your stupidly bad grammar and demands for help when he makes this program as a favour to all of us, often without any reward:

GFY.

Maybe if you would spend more time discribing your problem instead of bashing people, your problem would be fixed already. Do you have the right amount of players for each team? 25 players per team in the MLB & AAA levels and 22 in the AA & A levels. I hope we can solve your problem because it obviosly is frustrating you

Heh, having read through 23 pages of rglass this and rglass that, I have to say I don't feel so bad/annoyed with all the requests on my roster thread...Having said that...Where IS RGlass?? I saw so many changes/fixes that were proposed on this thread that would be extremely beneficial to roster makers (listing all the stances, naming the swing type, fixing the "MIL and BAL = OAK in the stats import" error) and it appears Mr. Glass fell off the face of the earth (he hasn't posted anything on this thread in like 3 weeks)...I hope he's ok and hasn't gone postal due to all the requests and cries for help...

So until RGlass comes back, maybe someone else could help this one problem I've been having and didnt see posted yet--I cannot get into the options screen under tools...when I click it I get "run time error '68' device unavailable"...Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have read the FAQ ands it seems I have a unique problem when loading the players I get error 3163. Saying the field is too small to accecpt the amount of data Im trying to add. All I am trying to do is add the Jim Leyland cyberface. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have read the FAQ ands it seems I have a unique problem when loading the players I get error 3163. Saying the field is too small to accecpt the amount of data Im trying to add. All I am trying to do is add the Jim Leyland cyberface. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Import his cyberface W/EAgraph and edit manager.dat W/notepad.

• 1 year later...

Don't know if you can help me, I'm trying to add some stats to Dice-K using MVPEdit, but when I'm going to add his General IP's, the program says that you can add just a number between 0 and 511 (I'm trying to add 204.2). Maybe it's a issue with the "dat", 'cause the maximum General IP's I can add is 51.1 (511 with the dat). Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks a million.

Lorenzo Tozzi

ps.: sorry by my English, I'm Brazilian, so it's not so fluent as it'd be.

Don't know if you can help me, I'm trying to add some stats to Dice-K using MVPEdit, but when I'm going to add his General IP's, the program says that you can add just a number between 0 and 511 (I'm trying to add 204.2). Maybe it's a issue with the "dat", 'cause the maximum General IP's I can add is 51.1 (511 with the dat). Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks a million.

Lorenzo Tozzi

ps.: sorry by my English, I'm Brazilian, so it's not so fluent as it'd be.

204.2 = 204 for IP and 2 for PIP

204.2 = 204 for IP and 2 for PIP

Yeah, I know, but there's no separation between IP and PIP in MVPEdit. It seems I have to write 204.2, but the program says I can't (it understands 204.2 as 2042, that why I think it's a problem with the dat).

Thanks for the help.

• 3 months later...

Archived