MVPedit 2005.4 (FA Duplicate Bug Fixed - Mar 7 2004)

rglass95

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been getting random errors when importing stats as well.

After selecting the name that comes up in Lahman, a box comes up that says Run-time Error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method.

If I recall correctly, It happened on Brendan Donnelly, Lou Merloni and Ron Mahay, but didn't occur with Cory Lidle and a couple of others. MVP Edit closes, but the stats that were trying to be added are there on restart, so it's not losing anything.

It's more annoying than anything else.

Yeah, that only happened to me on Chris Truby. So what I did was, is that I created him from scratch and entered his career stats manually (he only has like 3 or 4 anyhow). But that didn't happen to anybody else. Also remember that Osik and Ligtenberg show up on OAK for some reason so be sure to change those.

figured it out, might not help you though

last season the fsh files inside the big files were not compress, this year they are

I imported a photo using MVPedit, when I looked at that player (#0475) the game crashed

I then opened the portraits.big file and pulled the fsh file out that MVPedit made

I compressed that fsh files using eazip (eazip -c 0475.fsh)

I then put the FSH file back in the portraits.big files using EA Graphics Editor

loaded the game and the portrait worked

Hi !

where i can find mbe files ???? i cannot open any file from my mvp baseball 2005 they ask to open mbe mvp edit file ?? i dont have any

do i need yo create one ??

thanks for helping

Lahman import of career year by year stats.

The Lahman import will now also bring in the career year by year stats for all the players. For those of that have already used the Lahman import and just want the stats for a specific player, there is a "Lahman" button on the stats screen that will bring in the stats for that player. Note that you only have to use it once per player - it will bring in both the hitting stats and the pitching stats. The list of players to import from is very large (think every player that has ever played), so the stat import "guesses" at which player you want to import before you actually do so.

Thanks to krawhitham and Micropterus58

Robert, I converted a 2004 roster file- everything worked well. However, when trying to import from the Lahman database for a specific team, say the Houston Astros :D - I noticed a couple of things. First, it allocated the #99 to all players, and second- it appears it imported ALL players that appeared for the Astros in 2004- and placed them on the MLB club- even though several were on the AAA team at the time of import- creating duplicates. Finally- for the team desigantion it is showing simply "NL" for all years- don't know if any of these are new problems- simply thought I'd point them out....Could be user error :oops: !

I definitely think it would be handy to import stats for the whole league- that way it wouldn't matter what level players were at. Another handy aside would be that it would create a "player" for everyone who appeared in the majors in 2004- and we could either assign them or delete them accordingly- saving having to create new players ourselves....Your Editor ROCKS!

When using the lahman database to import teams it does allocate the #99 for all players and it has all players who wore that uniform for the 2004 season. last years was the same way. i you import, say, the 2003 Astros, it will have all the players who wore that uniform at some point during the 2003 season.

hi, im a newbie, so please bear with me.

i dled the full 2005 version of mvpedit

installed it

but it wont run

im getting this msg when i attempt to run the program

"component. 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registerd: a file is missing or invalid"

I am also getting tons of random errors when editing career stats. They are usually different each time, but they do not cause any loss of info. It is all restored, and actually what I pressed to trigger the error is still there. It's a huge annoyance though to start up MVPedit every 30 seconds after it crashes...

Okay, all the year-by-year stats are screwed up, and lahman only fixes one player at a time. How can I fix them ALL at the same time? I tried checking the "adjust to current year" box, but it crashed with run-time error 3078 - something about not being able to find "pitcher".

Im a PC Gamer and LOVE this program. Friend of mine plays MVP for the PS2. Anyway this program can be used for PS2 rosters? my email is dxman830@gmail.com; AIM is XoxdxmanxoX....IM me with any answers if its possible

hi, im a newbie, so please bear with me.

i dled the full 2005 version of mvpedit

installed it

but it wont run

im getting this msg when i attempt to run the program

"component. 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registerd: a file is missing or invalid"

I can help U emeyekayiee

Download this baseballfans

Unzip the file and U will get MSCOMCTL.OCX

Put that MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:WINDOWSSYSTEM

Now click your START --> RUN and type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (No quotes) in the box.

U may have accidentlely deleted some XP files which is required to run this program. So U may need to find other files in your XP disc to get it to run.

Archived