Scoreboards - Tv For Mlb2K12 V 1.1

exrxixxx

Why in the world would he be banned? If so, that is completely wrong considered all he has done for this site and the game.

Also, if he is banned, it is wrong for this site to still host and profit from his work as I notice his downloads are still available.

Trues, please explain.

Nobody profits from anybody's work on this site.

Most likely the reason why he got banned was because he had a duplicate account which violates the rules the site set forth once we couldn't afford the bandwidth used by every free user who downloaded multiple mods at once.

Again, it would have nothing to do with this mod; he just broke the rules.

Why in the world would he be banned? If so, that is completely wrong considered all he has done for this site and the game.

Also, if he is banned, it is wrong for this site to still host and profit from his work as I notice his downloads are still available.

Trues, please explain.

Neither Trues nor the Admins have to explain anything to you, but I will -- just this once.

NO ONE is above the rules -- not regular members, not contributors, not modders and not Admins.

If someone breaks the rules, no matter who they are and no matter what they've contributed to the site, they will be disciplined, including being banned, if necessary.

You state "that is completely wrong considering all he has done for this site and the game." He's contributed 9 mods. There are guys who have contributed ten times that many mods, and if they break the rules, they will be disciplined just the same.

Your comment about this site profiting off of modders' work? As KC correctly stated, no one profits from mods being hosted here. The only reward that modders get is the satisfaction of seeing a mod posted and maybe a small ego boost when someone compliments them on their work.

As for Trues, he doesn't get one dime from these mods, nor does he expect to. He does get donations from contributors, but that's all voluntary and any money he does get goes into paying the costs to keep the site running.

This site doesn't have many rules (don't make duplicate accounts, don't steal the work of others and pass it off as your own, don't talk about illegal downloads of the game, etc.), so they shouldn't be hard to follow.

If someone is not willing to follow them, then they deserve any punishment they receive.

Trues, please explain.

I think the response that Jim825 gave you hopefully answered all your questions.

However there is something I don't understand. You have been a member here for quite some time, since March of 2005 to be exact. That's a long time so you had to have seen a lot in in here even though you were not an active poster. The point I am trying to make here is that with all the time that you have been here you already should know that nobody profits from another person's work in here and that includes everyone from the owner of the website down to the latest person who has just joined up today.

For someone that has been here for nine years and could still make an accusation like that is insulting because by now you should already have known better not to even ask a question like that.

I find it very odd that someone who has not made a post since May of last year would suddenly make one asking why another person was banned and you made him sound like this website was built around him and that the only reason why we are here is because of all the mods that he has contributed here. All nine of them.

Since Jim was kind enough to explain this to you this one time I will do the same thing. Exrxixxx was banned from here because he made a duplicate account. I know this because I was the one who caught it and I was the one who banned him and if he does it again I'll do the same thing.

Accounts are caught here and banned every day. That is a sad fact of what goes on here because 95% of them could be avoided. But this guy's banning has been openly questioned by three people now and I wonder why. I even had one guy send me a PM on his behalf telling me that exrxixxx was sorry for whatever he did and would like to come back in here. Yes I believe he was sorry. He was sorry he got caught.

Now I hope that combined with Jim825's explanation all your questions have been answered. If not you are now kindly asked to take it to private messages and keep it out of the forum area.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I've been browsing this site for a long time, but no longer play MVP or have MLB 2K12 on PC. I greatly admire everyone's work on this site and enjoy seeing what can be achieved on the modding scene. It was in that sense that exrxixxx's ban disturbed me.

If this site was completely free and not subscription based, there would be no conflict of interest. However, I find it extremely disturbing that when a user is banned, the mods he created are not removed from the site as well. His mods add value to this site, so why have his mods not been removed? This site should not benefit from the mods he created, since he is no longer allowed to be here.

To the contrary, this is a completely free site. You would be proof of that as you are not currently listed as a contributor. I am a contributor, by choice, not because I was forced to by this site. But, if I didn't, I would still be able to use this site and download the great work that the modders here do, including the work by ex. You also like I have prior to contributing to the site, can download anything here for free.

As for ex being banned from the site, I am not an admin or have anything to do with this site, so in that regard I feel it is none of my business. I also like and appreciate the work that ex has done here and elsewhere and have complimented and thanked him for it. I have nothing but admiration and respect for the mods that ex does. But, again, that being said, whatever took place between him and this site, is not any of my business.

Which leads me to the second reason besides the site not being a free site to write this to ask: what business is it of yours ?

Why are you so disturbed by this, as you say you are ?

If it is your argument that the site benefits from his mods, I would argue the only one who benefits from his great mods are the people like myself, that have downloaded them and use them, not this site. I have benefited by numerous people's mods here, in that regard.

Your comment that they can still be downloaded, I would argue they were uploaded to a public domain and anyone who uploads anything to a public site, understands they can be downloaded basically forever. You can search the internet and find his mods available to downloaded, you don't have to come here.

Also, the person in the second post here appears to have also been banned, but I don't see that you are too disturbed by that, at least you haven't mentioned them in your comments. So I take it this is just an issue with you about ex, not about people being banned per se.

The things that I am asking you about all this are really none of my business either and you have every right to say so. I don't really want an answer to them or to have any issue with you or anyone else, actually.

The fact that ex and anyone else that has been banned is none of mine or anyone else's business in my opinion, other than the people who run this site. And my questions to you about your comments are also really none of my business, which again, leads me right back to the reason I felt the need to comment on your post in the first place:

what business is this of yours ?

To the contrary, this is a completely free site. You would be proof of that as you are not currently listed as a contributor. I am a contributor, by choice, not because I was forced to by this site. But, if I didn't, I would still be able to use this site and download the great work that the modders here do, including the work by ex. You also like I have prior to contributing to the site, can download anything here for free.

As for ex being banned from the site, I am not an admin or have anything to do with this site, so in that regard I feel it is none of my business. I also like and appreciate the work that ex has done here and elsewhere and have complimented and thanked him for it. But, again, that being said, whatever took place between him and this site, is not any of my business.

Which leads me to the second reason besides the site not being a free site to write this to ask: what business is it of yours ?

Why are you so disturbed by this, as you say you are ?

If it is your argument that the site benefits from his mods, I would argue the only one who benefits from his great mods are the people like myself, that have downloaded them and use them, not this site. I have benefited by numerous people's mods here, in that regard.

Your comment that they can still be downloaded, I would argue they were uploaded to a public domain and anyone who uploads anything to a public site, understands they can be downloaded basically forever. You can search the internet and find his mods available to downloaded, you don't have to come here.

Also, the person in the second post here appears to have also been banned, but I don't see that you are too disturbed by that, at least you haven't mentioned them in your comments. So I take it this is just an issue with you about ex, not about people being banned per se.

The things that I am asking you about all this are really none of my business either and you have every right to say so. I don't really want an answer to them or to have any issue with you or anyone else, actually.

The fact that ex and anyone else that has been banned is none of mine or anyone else's business in my opinion, other than the people who run this site. And my questions to you about your comments are also really none of my business, which again, leads me right back to the reason I felt the need to comment on your post in the first place:

One of the best posts ever. You said basically everything I was going to myself. Great work Reme.

Yes I've been browsing this site for a long time, but no longer play MVP or have MLB 2K12 on PC. I greatly admire everyone's work on this site and enjoy seeing what can be achieved on the modding scene. It was in that sense that exrxixxx's ban disturbed me.

If this site was completely free and not subscription based, there would be no conflict of interest. However, I find it extremely disturbing that when a user is banned, the mods he created are not removed from the site as well. His mods add value to this site, so why have his mods not been removed? This site should not benefit from the mods he created, since he is no longer allowed to be here.

Why? Why his in particular? I won't name any other names but there's been some modders who have also made the same mistake and created one (or many more) accounts. What makes this guy so special in your eyes?

This shows how much you know. For many years this website was free and anyone could download as much as they want. And for conflict of interest I have no idea what you mean.

Your infactuation with that guy honestly has me scratching my head. It's not your concern. Please keep it that way.

As for ex being banned from the site, I am not an admin or have anything to do with this site, so in that regard I feel it is none of my business. I also like and appreciate the work that ex has done here and elsewhere and have complimented and thanked him for it. I have nothing but admiration and respect for the mods that ex does. But, again, that being said, whatever took place between him and this site, is not any of my business.

As I explained to him previously I was the one who banned exrixixxx from this website and as I also said before I would do it again. I was not the one who told him to make a second account and the day that I came across this I was very surprised since he already had modder status and that means that he can download as much as he wants every single day with no limit. So why he did this is something only he can explain. I don't feel bad about this at all. If he does it again I'll do it again. I was just doing my job. Maybe when he gets back after his six month ban he can tell everyone here why he did what he did.

That is true. Each mod here is part of the ownership of this website although each modder is responsible for maintaining their download, like if they want to upload a new version of the mod for example.

This is so true. The sad fact is that people get banned from here every day and if you guess a duplicate account is the reason you would be right 99 times out of 100.

You asked a hell of a good question reme. I have no idea what business of this or the reasons why he should have to defend exrixixx when he was clearly in the wrong.

Hey someone needs to defend the guy because he's banned. If he was allowed to come in here and comment, then say he's alright with what you did, and then say "hey, it's ok if you use my mods even though I'm banned" then I wouldn't be speaking up. The point is you CAN"T download anything you want for free. You are limited to TWO downloads per day. I understand why Trues did this, it costs money to run a website. And it is his right or whoever he appoints as mods, to ban people for breaking whatever rules.

However, it is not right to continue to use people's mods without their permission. Did anyone care to pm or email exrixixx and simply say "Can we still use your mods even though we banned you?" Who knows he may not care, but someone should at least ask his permission. This goes for anyone who has been banned from this site and continue to have their mods posted without their permission. I am not defending just him, I don't even know the guy or talked to him much. I just know I appreciate his work and it disappoints me he can no longer contribute. On the other hand, after how he has been treated, he may no longer wish to.

Firstly, when we say you can download anything you want for free, it means that you pay absolutely nothing for the work uploaded on this site. Every mod here is free to download. By contributing to the site's maintenance (server costs), or uploading a valid mod yourself, you can download as much as you want, which is what could be confusing to you.

Secondly, let's not lose sight of the fact that he created a duplicate account. He broke the site rules and a ban was the disciplinary action for breaking these rules. His work is still on this site because he uploaded it when he was an active member, and there are other guys that have had their work remain on the site well after they got banned for duplicate accounts or for other reasons.

Lastly, this idea of "permission" is laughable, mainly because well, if you upload your work, by default, you are giving the people on the site permission to use it however they see fit unless you request that it be taken down, and even then, do you really think it will never be uploaded again or mirrored somewhere else? Not everything on the internet is erased forever, you know.

If exrxixxx requested that his mod be taken down, what makes you think I won't upload his work elsewhere and post the link on this site?

The question isn't that the banning wasn't warranted. This site can ban whomever for whatever reason. I'll probably be next.

So KCCItyStar, it's ok if I upload your work/mods to another site, post the link and not give credit like you suggested above? How about everyone else in this topic? Ok to post your mods to another site without your permission?

Edited by adam31

To your response to my point about being able to download for free. I was aware of the two download limit as is everyone else. But again, you are making my point, you can download things for free. If you want more downloads, then there is a solution for that. I understand and respect if you choose not to select that solution, but, it is not a required one as you seem to make it out to be.

I also do not know ex but appreciate his work, as you can see by my comments to him in this post.

But, I also appreciate people like KC & DJ71 and everyone else who creates and provides their great mods and rosters etc, to make the game of your choice 100 times better.

I also appreciate Trues & Y4L and all the admins who provide this site in the first place, so I can download all the great mods here. That is the reason I come here.

I don't come here to involve myself in site politics and don't understand why you are actually.

You asked if anyone has contacted ex to ask him about still using his mods. I'll ask you back, have you contacted him to ask if he wants you to represent him here ? If you have and he told you yes, I would have the answer to my question about why you are involving yourself in site politics and probably would never have written my first post.

I really don't have an issue with you and respect your right to express your opinion.

I am just expressing mine.

Reme, fair enough. I'm not really interested in politics. Just really respect the guy's work. I don't know if he'd want me sticking up for him or whatever, don't even know the guy, so no I didn't contact him about me representing him. I have no association with him. It just bothered me personally and thought I'd make a stand. The fact is erix has no voice. But again, if it's ok to use whomever's mods as anyone sees fit (as in post them to other sites, etc). then I'll have nothing else to say. If so, then it's downright hypocritical.

Edited by adam31

Hey someone needs to defend the guy because he's banned. If he was allowed to come in here and comment, then say he's alright with what you did, and then say "hey, it's ok if you use my mods even though I'm banned" then I wouldn't be speaking up. The point is you CAN"T download anything you want for free. You are limited to TWO downloads per day. I understand why Trues did this, it costs money to run a website. And it is his right or whoever he appoints as mods, to ban people for breaking whatever rules.

Again I don't understand why all of a sudden that you think someone like him needs to be defended?

You've been here for ten years now. You have seen for yourself how long it was that there was a no download limit and then one was put on. It was removed after awhile and then put back on solely because this was and is a good way to pay for server costs.

You said before that you don't play Mvp or 2k anymore. Because of that why should you care how many downloads you can get? You've been here ten years now and you have downloaded 1.55 GB worth of mods over that time. All for free. And in return the only thing you have contributed here that anyone really noticed is your crusade to get your favorite modder back in here even though you don't use his mods anymore.

However, it is not right to continue to use people's mods without their permission. Did anyone care to pm or email exrixixx and simply say "Can we still use your mods even though we banned you?" Who knows he may not care, but someone should at least ask his permission. This goes for anyone who has been banned from this site and continue to have their mods posted without their permission. I am not defending just him, I don't even know the guy or talked to him much. I just know I appreciate his work and it disappoints me he can no longer contribute. On the other hand, after how he has been treated, he may no longer wish to.

Yes it is our right to continue using anything he posted to our server. His intention was to post these mods for everyone in here and that is how it is.

Did anyone (you mean me) contact him to ask him if we could pretty please use his mods while he had to be sneaky and create another account? Not for one second. Maybe you could do that since you are so bent out of shape about this and then come back in here to let us know what he says.

After ten years here you are so concerned about one modder after all the modders you have seen come through over that time. Why does this guy who only has nine mods uploaded here so much better than any other modder because as you well know over this time other modders have been banned from here for the same reasons and you never once voiced an objection. But to erixixxx you did and that is what makes me so suspicious.

Consider this:

Adam31: Joined Mvpmods March 1, 2005

Exrxixxx: Joined Mvpmods March 1, 2005

I don't believe in coincidences.

I don't come here to involve myself in site politics and don't understand why you are actually.

That is really what this whole discussion is about. Why him? And why is he so worried about one person, someone who may I add once again did this to himself?

It just bothered me personally and thought I'd make a stand. The fact is erix has no voice. But again, if it's ok to use whomever's mods as anyone sees fit (as in post them to other sites, etc). then I'll have nothing else to say. If so, then it's downright hypocritical.

Your "stand" is what I question here. Who says erixixxx has no voice? He's never contacted me about this or the website. I'll tell you why that's so. Because he knows what he did and he got caught. I didn't want this guy banned. No one did. But his actions warranted it.

I really think I have covered everything here. Thank you everyone for your comments on this. I'm not going to tell you to stop talking about this because you guys can talk about anything out here in a respectful way.

Adam31,

Fair enough back. If you want the truth, for some reason today your post bothered me, so I also decided to take a stand. ( even though I probably don't really have the right to, I do not represent the site.)

No, I do not believe it is okay to use someone's work as you see fit and don't know about them being posted in other sites actually. I do know ex posts mods on other sites (non baseball) and I have used them and thanked and complimented him there also. I am well aware of his work and greatly appreciate it.

But, like I mentioned, I do believe if something is uploaded to a public domain, it is okay to be downloaded. If someone chooses to use it to their benefit, (not the benefit I spoke about of enjoying their work) yes that would be hypocritical. But also, without all the trademark and copy write stuff to prevent that, we're back to my point of uploading to a public domain

My issue is not with exrxixxx. That is between him and the admins.

As far as you and I, we both have come to an agreement it seems, which is, fair enough.

The question isn't that the banning wasn't warranted. This site can ban whomever for whatever reason. I'll probably be next.

So KCCItyStar, it's ok if I upload your work/mods to another site, post the link and not give credit like you suggested above? How about everyone else in this topic? Ok to post your mods to another site without your permission?

If my mods show up somewhere else, honestly, I don't give a ****. I care only about the things I have control over, and as far as I know it's whether or not I release my work for other people to enjoy.

Why should I, if I gave a crap about specifically who uses my work I wouldn't release it for free and I would charge a fee for anyone who wished to use my mods.

If my mods show up somewhere else, honestly, I don't give a shit. I care only about the things I have control over, and as far as I know it's whether or not I release my work for other people to enjoy.

Why should I, if I gave a crap about specifically who uses my work I wouldn't release it for free and I would charge a fee for anyone who wished to use my mods.

Where would he upload them to anyway?

And besides if there is any other gaming site out there they would still respect the modders rights like we do here.

This guy does not know what he's talking about.

KCCitystar suggested he would upload erix's work to another site and post a link here, so ask him.

Do the other mod makers share Kccitystar's view? If so, great. Maybe it should be a poll question. Mod makers, do you approve of your mods being uploaded anywhere because you posted your mods in a "public domain"?

As far as the inference erix and I joined on the same date, as if we were the same person. I wish I had half the talent he and other mod makers have.

Edited by adam31

KCCitystar suggested he would upload erix's work to another site and post a link here, so ask him.

Do the other mod makers share Kccitystar's view? If so, great. Maybe it should be a poll question. Mod makers, do you approve of your mods being uploaded anywhere because you posted your mods in a "public domain"?

As far as the inference erix and I joined on the same date, as if we were the same person. I wish I had half the talent he and other mod makers have.

Really, I'm getting quite tired of this. You don't play either game any longer so I have to ask exactly why are you here when you clearly are getting nothing out of this site?

There's not many baseball gaming sites around that you can upload this stuff to and if you look at it this way if you do upload erixixxx's stuff someplace else you are not doing it with his consent.

Secondly, no matter where you decide to do this someone on this site is bound to be a member there also and they'll come back and inform us that you took someone else's mods without permission. Then two things will happen. Someone here on the website, me or somebody else, will contact the administrators of that site and we will inform them of what happened and why you did this and your work will be removed. The next thing that will happen is that you will be permanently removed from the website. That is something that I will do myself.

Now I am not trying to threaten you or give you a hard time here. This is something that I don't want to happen and I'll be very happy if it doesn't. No one wants this.

I'm just asking you, pleading with you if you wish, to not be concerned about this at all. Erixixxx will be back here. No one wanted him gone in the first place.

Did I explain this well enough to you? I hope so.

Y4L, honestly, there isn't much that should be explained.

Doesn't matter if Adam31 never made a mod a day in his life or contributed a lot of mods on this site. I don't even think this should be explained any more than it already is, considering I don't like site politics.

Here's the cliffnotes version of what transpired. Again, tell me if I'm wrong:

Exrxixxx uploaded his work, then broke the site rules and got banned.

I keep regular contact with him outside of the site, if that's worth anything, and I have tried to get him back on at MVPMods because his work with hex editing, to me at least, is vital to keeping MLB2K12 relevant. At the same time, he broke the site's rules by making a duplicate account. To my knowledge, he was informed of this and didn't notify any admins. I've come to understand that nobody is above the rules, regardless of how valuable their work may be to some.

There have been so many other members who have gotten banned for stupid stuff and have contributed great work, and nobody has ever filed a grievance. Ever. Until now. Nobody has made a single dime off of Exrxixxx's work, and if you get banned, your work stays on this site since it was uploaded when you were an active member.

There is no such thing as "taking your ball and going home", unless you contact the admins via email to have your work removed. Even then, because their work was free to download begin with, so many banned modders never really cared. I must ask, why does it matter so much now with one user?

Y4L, honestly, there isn't much that should be explained.

Doesn't matter if Adam31 never made a mod a day in his life or contributed a lot of mods on this site. I don't even think this should be explained any more than it already is, considering I don't like site politics.

You're right. There is really nothing else that needs to be explained to him and I imagine that everyone who has been following this topic would agree too.

Here's the cliffnotes version of what transpired. Again, tell me if I'm wrong:

Exrxixxx uploaded his work, then broke the site rules and got banned.

I keep regular contact with him outside of the site, if that's worth anything, and I have tried to get him back on at MVPMods because his work with hex editing, to me at least, is vital to keeping MLB2K12 relevant. At the same time, he broke the site's rules by making a duplicate account. To my knowledge, he was informed of this and didn't notify any admins. I've come to understand that nobody is above the rules, regardless of how valuable their work may be to some.

Your cliffnnotes version is 99% accurate.

No one (meaning me) wrote him an e-mail letting him know he was suspended from here and to ask him why he created a second account. KC, the reason why that happens is that there are a lot of bannings each day in here and we do not contact the person to let them know we caught them. They find out all by themselves when they try to log in here and can't.

At the same time he didn't contact us about this. He had you ask about it and zzcool asked about it too. Now you said you keep in touch with him outside of here. Did you ever ask him why he had to go out and create a second account? I mean this guy's been a member here since 2005 and has never done anything close to getting a 24 hour ban. Then on December 31st he created a duplicate account and he was treated like any other person who would do the same thing.

There have been so many other members who have gotten banned for stupid stuff and have contributed great work, and nobody has ever filed a grievance. Ever. Until now. Nobody has made a single dime off of Exrxixxx's work, and if you get banned, your work stays on this site since it was uploaded when you were an active member.

There is no such thing as "taking your ball and going home", unless you contact the admins via email to have your work removed. Even then, because their work was free to download begin with, so many banned modders never really cared. I must ask, why does it matter so much now with one user?

Right again. And that's what I keep asking myself. Why would someone - someone who was practically anonymous in here- suddenly decide that he has to defend exrxixxx as if we are mistreating him?

Adam31,

Here are a few observations I've made regarding this since I commented about it yesterday and a suggestion that hopefully you will consider to end all of this on a peaceful note for you, exrxixxx and the admins.

A: it appears your main goal with all of this is to have the mods made by exrxixxx removed from the site.

B: your efforts to do this seem to be getting the people that would have any say in considering that, i.e. people whose names are in red, annoyed and have them questioning why you are pushing so hard to have them removed ?

C: a very logical answer to that question has been raised, which may or may not be the case, but it has been considered, which in itself is not a good thing for the party involved.

D: it has been explained numerous times why exrxixxx's mods are still here, which I understand you do not agree with, but , they have been explained per the forum rules nonetheless.

E: also in the forum rules are the magical words that every site/entity has which in reality puts an end to all discussions like this;"MVPMODS reserves the right" and "an Administrator's word is final".

That being said:

1) If you are here on behalf of exrxixxx, but without his knowledge or consent that you stated, or even with his consent, then your efforts are not doing exrxixxx any favor's, in my opinion.

2) If you are here on behalf of exrxixxx as someone other than adam31 and I'm not saying that you are, then your efforts really aren't doing exrxixxx any favor's.

So here is my suggestion:

If you really want to see exrxixxx back here, as I and a lot of other people seem to do, I would consider taking the numerous explanations provided as to why he is not here and why his mods still are and accept them, even though you disagree with them.

If you still can't get yourself to do that, I would just keep reading from E: on down.

Where did this reme guy come from? He's smart, he's logical, he makes sense. Wow!

Thank you for being a contributor to this website and becoming an active member here too. Every community forum needs people like you.

Now on to your post: Exrxixxx is not going to have his mods removed here. He's never requested this so it's not going happen. In fact, the guy has not contacted us since he got banned back in December. I don't expect him to either. No one sends us an e-mail when they know they have no grounds for an argument.

And you have no idea how right you are when you said his efforts here are not doing exrxixxx any favors because I have no idea if he is in contact with him or not. He says he's not but I am inclined not to believe him.

My advice to get exrixxx back here is to have him tell adam31 to cut out this crusade for him and if adam31 is not in contact with him I would still cut it out because he is not helping his favorite modder at all by what he is doing. And my advice to exrixxx personally is do not even attempt to create another account because that one doesn't have a 90 day ban.

Trust me, I am all for getting this guy back when his time is done so this can be all over. :)