NCAA 2K

bctrackboi11

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: Still plugging along on all the uniforms as a one man team. I'll be releasing a list of teams and stadiums shortly.

Until then, here's a look at another Charleston, SC team, the Charleston Southern Buccaneers. Watched them play a lot in person and have a number of friends who have played here over the years.

Major League Baseball 2K12 7_24_2019 10_30_03 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 7_24_2019 10_37_59 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 7_24_2019 11_26_38 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 7_24_2019 11_28_45 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 7_24_2019 11_30_26 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 7_24_2019 11_30_57 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

Tinkering around with the rosters. The PA announcer is saying the correct names, but the broadcasters are still saying the old name, even after editing the global/portrait ID. I can't for the life of me find anything on editing audio id. Anybody got any ideas?

Ive had the same problem, they have the audio locked (the check box). If you use only players that dont have an audio number then the TV guys will address him by his last name. If that name is in the game (an assigned audio number, again dont know how to change these), if not its by his position, number or line up spot.

Btw this looks great ive messed with skyrim and gta iv, v and witcher and would like to help in some way. Most ive down is broke down other ppls mods and manipulated them to how i like, ive not yet to the point of doing my own. Im a quick learner, let me know if you need help with roster names, photos, and player details.

Doing this now and bout 2 days in this go around, so far ihave 6 mlb and their minor teams done. I had to start over and reinstall my game. Last time i did it in my franchise mode and couldnt use it outside of that bc i thought i could convert the ros file to work outside franchise mode. 😒

assigned '12 team photos/cyberfaces of non active and FA player faces to my '19 roster (start of season roster down loaded from here) bc i couldnt get the ones on here to work. When done there should be no duplicates. Teams will have players with team photos players minus player pics that where on another team and where in mlb 2k12( Vargas  has aSeattle hat but on Mets)

left the players alone that are active or in the minors trying to come back. Mlb 2k19 roster mod changes a lot of players face id number to match the photo number causing you to lose all cyberfaces for some reason. So im pulling the numbers from `12 files and adding them back to the '19 file. Takes a long time to find a similar face with the team photo from 7 yrs ago to match one of today but i s going pretty well. Some well known players are a bit off but not many. 

Also adding photos to the top prospects and top FA so there is a good mix of players going and coming up and let go with faces and phots.

fixing all the over the top contracts in the minors bc it runs teams broke at the end of the year. Everyone is in the negative by the 1st month and millions under at the end of the year bc of minor league players.

Giving all three farm system teams players cyberfaces but no photos unless they make the team down the road. So no more strange fake face when playing minor games bc everyone looked the same but differnt flesh tone. Now these are match to the real player, just matched there race, not gona do scrub minors at this point.

Lowering as many old players and retired players ratings and potential so teams will stop signing them (found the lowest minor player overal and set it to 10 points lower to him)

Edit pro/minor uniforms so that each set had different shoes, helmets and primary, secondary, third colors according to the uniform (ie Mets pinstrips had white shoes, blue top home had blue shoes, spring training had orange with all three having different batting helmet color layouts) to make this work all player have to have their shoe colors set to (color1/color2 or color2/color1 with color 3 the main shoe color) when you do this you get random color combos tjat font look tacky to match the uniform. Can also do this with all wearable gear wear your players have home, away and alt color sets.

Going threw and made sure all pitcher had no gear (ie wrist bands) while pitching, this happens whrn an old fielder is edited to be a new player thats a pitcher.

Making sure all body colors match the faces and giving them body tone by playing with the custom body settings.

Changing all the players muscle tones, and body sizez (ie buff, ripped, +1 on chest, legs. Made ripped Mike Trout players and fat Vlad Jr players as well as mighty mouses like Altuve)

All this is work in progress, i had most done and had to start over. Ive got it down to 2hrs per team, not franchise but team. I knocked out Angles, A's, Astros and half of Toronto sitting round the house yesterday and Brewers, Braves, Cardinals before work.

TLDR 

I have the OCDness to do this with your overhaul as well is my point 🤙

3 hours ago, mayoluck said:

Doing this now and bout 2 days in this go around, so far ihave 6 mlb and their minor teams done. I had to start over and reinstall my game. Last time i did it in my franchise mode and couldnt use it outside of that bc i thought i could convert the ros file to work outside franchise mode. 😒

assigned '12 team photos/cyberfaces of non active and FA player faces to my '19 roster (start of season roster down loaded from here) bc i couldnt get the ones on here to work. When done there should be no duplicates. Teams will have players with team photos players minus player pics that where on another team and where in mlb 2k12( Vargas  has aSeattle hat but on Mets)

left the players alone that are active or in the minors trying to come back. Mlb 2k19 roster mod changes a lot of players face id number to match the photo number causing you to lose all cyberfaces for some reason. So im pulling the numbers from `12 files and adding them back to the '19 file. Takes a long time to find a similar face with the team photo from 7 yrs ago to match one of today but i s going pretty well. Some well known players are a bit off but not many. 

Also adding photos to the top prospects and top FA so there is a good mix of players going and coming up and let go with faces and phots.

fixing all the over the top contracts in the minors bc it runs teams broke at the end of the year. Everyone is in the negative by the 1st month and millions under at the end of the year bc of minor league players.

Giving all three farm system teams players cyberfaces but no photos unless they make the team down the road. So no more strange fake face when playing minor games bc everyone looked the same but differnt flesh tone. Now these are match to the real player, just matched there race, not gona do scrub minors at this point.

Lowering as many old players and retired players ratings and potential so teams will stop signing them (found the lowest minor player overal and set it to 10 points lower to him)

Edit pro/minor uniforms so that each set had different shoes, helmets and primary, secondary, third colors according to the uniform (ie Mets pinstrips had white shoes, blue top home had blue shoes, spring training had orange with all three having different batting helmet color layouts) to make this work all player have to have their shoe colors set to (color1/color2 or color2/color1 with color 3 the main shoe color) when you do this you get random color combos tjat font look tacky to match the uniform. Can also do this with all wearable gear wear your players have home, away and alt color sets.

Going threw and made sure all pitcher had no gear (ie wrist bands) while pitching, this happens whrn an old fielder is edited to be a new player thats a pitcher.

Making sure all body colors match the faces and giving them body tone by playing with the custom body settings.

Changing all the players muscle tones, and body sizez (ie buff, ripped, +1 on chest, legs. Made ripped Mike Trout players and fat Vlad Jr players as well as mighty mouses like Altuve)

All this is work in progress, i had most done and had to start over. Ive got it down to 2hrs per team, not franchise but team. I knocked out Angles, A's, Astros and half of Toronto sitting round the house yesterday and Brewers, Braves, Cardinals before work.

TLDR 

I have the OCDness to do this with your overhaul as well is my point 🤙

Well. So as far as the roster goes, it will be completely generic. That is, all of the players will have fake names and randomly assigned generic faces, because 1. college rosters change so frequently, and 2. 120+ teams is a lot of players. The hardest part roster wise will be editing the tendencies of each player/team. For instance, guys in college regularly hit over .400. A good start is this website here. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/d1/current/team/513

Now personally, I haven't been occupied with the roster yet as I am working on the uniforms, but I'd LOVE to have someone like you on board. This is a bear of a project to try to tackle alone.

Also, here's some more uniform sneak peeks.

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_11_2019 7_09_31 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_11_2019 7_15_29 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_11_2019 7_15_50 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_13_2019 10_19_15 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_13_2019 10_29_57 AM.png

Looks nice man, like the TPX bat🤙. Sucks Nike dropped the new unis for college. They are damn near impossible to replicate bc its that breath fit material they use for the skin tight NBA jerseys. Prob feels nice as hell in the heat but hard to duplicate without the coreect meshes. But hot damn all theses look sweet that you made. The fact you took the time to get all the color combos and logos set...damn not an easy feat.

Those UMiami unis 😍🤤😲

Really wish there was a way to isolate the cyberfaces files from the generics and have it pull from that when the games adds a player. The fake names i agree not worth time for that.

As to the tendencies/average, man thats gona be hell of a task but least there is a good starting point with that link, the more info the better. Above .400 it gona be hard to keep the game from thinking the player is a god. Lol

As to the metal bat sound, can we make our on audio files or rip them from EA NCAA gsmes if they are IFF files ( which EA are the ones to first use n creat them) I font see why not. If need be we can make our own clips.

Seen you had UTA🤣 on there at Ballpark in Arlington (will never call it globe life or wtf it is). Could have done SMU, TCU, UNT or DBU (Dallas Baptist, they have had some pro studs) but poor lil UTA getting some love... either way like the lil school love. Not sure where your from but all them schools are within miles of each other so they can all use that park. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Keep in touch and let me know what i can dablle with to help ya. I work 3rd shift so im up at odd hrs, now back to bed 🤙

@mayoluck lucky for you, Dallas Baptist DID make the cut of teams!

Here is a comprehensive team list. Yes, I know there are snubs but I tried to represent every DI conference with at least 2 teams. We can't add to the logo files, otherwise I would add more. You may notice tiny Berea College in the list, they are my alma mater and I have a lot of friends that played here.

Air Force Falcons

Alabama Crimson Tide

Alabama A&M Bulldogs

Alabama State Hornets

Arizona Wildcats

Arizona State Sun Devils

Arkansas Razorbacks

Army Black Knights

Auburn Tigers

Ball State Cardinals

Baylor Bears

Berea College Mountaineers

Bethune-Cookman Wildcats

Boston College Eagles

Brigham Young Cougars

Bryant Bulldogs

Cal Poly Mustangs

Cal State Fullerton Titans

California Golden Bears

Campbell Fighting Camels

Canisius Golden Griffins

Charleston Southern Buccaneers

Chicago State Cougars

Cincinnati Bearcats

Citadel Bulldogs

Clemson Tigers

Coastal Carolina Chanticleers

College of Charleston Cougars

Columbia Lions

Connecticut Huskies

Creighton Blue Jays

Dallas Baptist Patriots

Dayton Flyers

Duke Blue Devils

East Carolina Pirates

Eastern Kentucky Colonels

Elon Phoenix

FAMU Rattlers

Fordham Rams

Florida Gators

Florida Atlantic Owls

Florida Gulf Coast Eagles

Florida State Seminoles

Fresno State Bulldogs

Georgia Bulldogs

Georgetown Hoyas

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Grambling Tigers

Harvard Crimson

Hawaii Rainbow Warriors

Houston Cougars

Illinois Fighting Illini

Indiana Hoosiers

Iowa Hawkeyes

Kansas Jaykawks

Kansas State Wildcats

Kentucky Wildcats

LIU-Brooklyn Blackbirds

Long Beach State Dirtbags

Louisville Cardinals

LSU Tigers

Maryland Terrapins

Memphis Tigers

Miami Hurricanes

Miami (OH) Redhawks

Michigan Wolverines

Michigan State Spartans

Minnesota Gophers

Mississippi State Bulldogs

Missouri Tigers

Morehead State Eagles

Navy Midshipmen

NC State Wolfpack

Nebraska Huskers

Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks

New Mexico State Aggies

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Carolina A&T Aggies

Northeastern Huskies

Northern Kentucky Norse

Northwestern Wildcats

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Ohio State Buckeyes

Ohio Bobcats

Oklahoma Sooners

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Old Dominion Monarchs

Ole Miss Rebels

Oregon Ducks

Oregon State Beavers

Penn State Nittany Lions

Pittsburgh Panthers

Purdue Boilermakers

Rice Owls

Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Sacramento State Hornets

Sam Houston State Bearkats

San Diego State Aztecs

San Jose State Spartans

South Carolina Gamecocks

Southern Jaguars

Southern Miss Golden Eagles

St. John's Red Storm

St. Mary's Gaels

Stanford Cardinal

TCU Horned Frogs

Tennessee Volunteers

Texas Longhorns

Texas A&M Aggies

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Tulane Green Wave

UC Irvine Anteaters

UC Santa Barbara Gauchos

UCF Knights

UCLA Bruins

UNLV Rebels

USC Trojans

USF Bulls

UT Arlington Mavericks

Utah Utes

Vanderbilt Commodores

VCU Rams

Virginia Cavaliers

Virginia Tech Hokies

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Washington Huskies

Washington State Cougars

West Virginia Mountaineers

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

Wichita State Shockers

Wright State Raiders

Xavier Musketeers

Yale Bulldogs

BONUS TEAMS:

USA Collegiate National Team

Japan Collegiate National Team

Black College Nines Elites

MVPMods Modders

Rawlings/ABCA All-Americans

NCAA Legends

On 8/13/2019 at 9:18 AM, mayoluck said:

Ive had the same problem, they have the audio locked (the check box). If you use only players that dont have an audio number then the TV guys will address him by his last name. If that name is in the game (an assigned audio number, again dont know how to change these), if not its by his position, number or line up spot.

Btw this looks great ive messed with skyrim and gta iv, v and witcher and would like to help in some way. Most ive down is broke down other ppls mods and manipulated them to how i like, ive not yet to the point of doing my own. Im a quick learner, let me know if you need help with roster names, photos, and player details.

I've been experimenting with the audio issue as well. The audio is locked, perhaps in the same file where the inside info is..not sure about that. What I did do, using ReditII was expand the size of the default roster file, and then inserted the major league players at the end of the file. And changed all the global ids from the normal range starting at 1. The MLB players don't have the wrong name announced as a matter of course. There is an occasional mis-announcement but not nearly as often. Hard issue to figure out without being able to read some of the other files.

I attached a roster file. It is completely crash free, even for franchise mode. I've settled on using this file as my template for new roster creation.

ps I posted last year an excel file that calculates rosters pretty quickly using data from the chadwick database. I've been working on improving it, making it easier to use too,  and have made a lot of improvements to it compared to last year.  Attached is that file compressed, but it doesn't have many instructions in it yet.

Anyway, if you'd like try the attached files and poke around it to see what I mean. Hope this helps.

Roster6.ROS MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator Template v1012g.zip

A footnote to my excel workbook and roster... all the minor league teams have randomly generated names, ratings and tendencies scaled to the minor league level (AAA,AA,A). I will look at finishing randomizing the major leagues. Should be relatively easy to do in the excel workbook.  I will also add some sort of documentation that is easy to follow about the concepts in the workbook. Saves me tons of time. Also, started to investigate incorporating 2019 stats (ie baseball reference.com) versus just using the chadwick database (which is an updated version of the lahman database on github). Also, i use microsoft access to get the stats into my excel workbook. This too is not very hard to do, but requires a little more work.

I added the sliders I use with this roster template. So far the results are ok with me,

Difficulty Sliders1.SLD

"Berea College in the list, they are my alma mater and I have a lot of friends that played here."

Tbh these are the type of teams id like to play with. That list is nice though. Some sweet unis with a lot of them teams. Really cool to see some smaller programs in there.

Lol i wanna see the modder team. Real photos? Lol 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:04 PM, jack805td said:

I've been experimenting with the audio issue as well. The audio is locked, perhaps in the same file where the inside info is..not sure about that. What I did do, using ReditII was expand the size of the default roster file, and then inserted the major league players at the end of the file. And changed all the global ids from the normal range starting at 1. The MLB players don't have the wrong name announced as a matter of course. There is an occasional mis-announcement but not nearly as often. Hard issue to figure out without being able to read some of the other files.

I attached a roster file. It is completely crash free, even for franchise mode. I've settled on using this file as my template for new roster creation.

ps I posted last year an excel file that calculates rosters pretty quickly using data from the chadwick database. I've been working on improving it, making it easier to use too,  and have made a lot of improvements to it compared to last year.  Attached is that file compressed, but it doesn't have many instructions in it yet.

Anyway, if you'd like try the attached files and poke around it to see what I mean. Hope this helps.

Roster6.ROS 6.52 MB · 2 downloads MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator Template v1012g.zip 34.15 MB · 6 downloads

Lot of good info in here, im going to have to sit down and practice playing with some files this weekend. Its new to me but im a quick learner and worth it to keep these projects going. Its not in the announcers aduio file? Ive just joined and only seen a few thing about not being able to crack the announcers file, i could be wrong.

Very intrested in the 2019 stat update, b new rosters mess up players stats and some are nit even tracked on some players.

There are a few tools i need to download this weekend, i live in bfe so downloads speeds suck atm till i move.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:42 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

The University of Miami Hurricanes. 

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_4_2019 4_24_58 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_4_2019 4_31_16 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_4_2019 4_34_53 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_4_2019 4_37_10 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_4_2019 4_38_26 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 8_4_2019 4_39_30 PM.png

Man them UM unis, thats who ill be using. Is there a way to edit the stadiums(as in trim out upper decks and remove outfiled seats? Make the stadium more D1 D2)  or pull files from other 2k baseball games and add there stadium to 2k12. 

2 hours ago, mayoluck said:

Lot of good info in here, im going to have to sit down and practice playing with some files this weekend. Its new to me but im a quick learner and worth it to keep these projects going. Its not in the announcers aduio file? Ive just joined and only seen a few thing about not being able to crack the announcers file, i could be wrong.

Very intrested in the 2019 stat update, b new rosters mess up players stats and some are nit even tracked on some players.

There are a few tools i need to download this weekend, i live in bfe so downloads speeds suck atm till i move.

Man them UM unis, thats who ill be using. Is there a way to edit the stadiums(as in trim out upper decks and remove outfiled seats? Make the stadium more D1 D2)  or pull files from other 2k baseball games and add there stadium to 2k12. 

It *can* be done on a limited basis (see DaSteelers SunTrust Park), but I just plan on making all the minor league parks generic and adding the big league parks that college teams have played in recently. However, we can add as many stadiums as we want, just can't add any names to the stadiums if that makes sense. 

ps note about the roster i posted.

With re-configuring the roster file I have not been able to use the portrait file, since the global ids are different and I currently have the first 1300 or so lines in the roster file assigned to the minor leagues. So portraits are showing as cyberfaces, which do still work, as they are assigned to the portrait id. I'm not sure if we have to decide between having portraits or having the announcers say names accurately. Maybe i can delete some extra lines in the roster file and expand it further to include the minor leagues, but I don't know if that will accomplish anything.

Also, the inside edge data also seems to be locked into the first 1300 or so lines in the file. This reconfig in effect eliminates the use of inside edge data in that case.

I haven't looked closely, but I was wondering about portraits, does anyone know if the portrait id numbers can be changed in the portrait file without breaking it?

On 8/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, jack805td said:

ps note about the roster i posted.

With re-configuring the roster file I have not been able to use the portrait file, since the global ids are different and I currently have the first 1300 or so lines in the roster file assigned to the minor leagues. So portraits are showing as cyberfaces, which do still work, as they are assigned to the portrait id. I'm not sure if we have to decide between having portraits or having the announcers say names accurately. Maybe i can delete some extra lines in the roster file and expand it further to include the minor leagues, but I don't know if that will accomplish anything.

Also, the inside edge data also seems to be locked into the first 1300 or so lines in the file. This reconfig in effect eliminates the use of inside edge data in that case.

I haven't looked closely, but I was wondering about portraits, does anyone know if the portrait id numbers can be changed in the portrait file without breaking it?

Its better to have portraits with the mlb teams... minor league teams is ok with cyberface portraits

5 hours ago, headtrip47 said:

Its better to have portraits with the mlb teams... minor league teams is ok with cyberface portraits

+1

top 100 prospects is the most i do, many are already in the bigs so they are covered.

Now i do recycle old cyberfaces and use them on the minor league teams. So that you dont get that ugly created player face it assigns to most, also makes for a nice cyberphoto.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update.. created a "random' roster for all teams... plugging in team data...going to play test it.  I will try to retain the ability to play franchise mode with it...but not sure that will work with the college structure (unless we make the lesser ranked teams minor league teams of the higher ranked teams,etc)...may have to stick to exhibition and playoff mode (a 10 team tournament).

3 hours ago, jack805td said:

Little update.. created a "random' roster for all teams... plugging in team data...going to play test it.  I will try to retain the ability to play franchise mode with it...but not sure that will work with the college structure (unless we make the lesser ranked teams minor league teams of the higher ranked teams,etc)...may have to stick to exhibition and playoff mode (a 10 team tournament).

Holy crap dude. You are THE MAN

Archived