NCAA 2K

bctrackboi11

Here are the current files.

I entered the team names and assigned stadiums. I created for Arizona and Southern Cal Create a team logos and unis for the time being. Once we get the uni files (and names) we can enter them into the roster file with Redit.

The ratings are auto generated and are easily adjusted. Example, I made the ratings for college below MLB levels. If you think something should be adjusted let me know.

I will be play testing this more and making further adjustments as we go along.

Roster6 College.ROS MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator Template v1013c college.xlsb Difficulty Sliders1.SLD

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jack805td said:

Here are the current files.

I entered the team names and assigned stadiums. I created for Arizona and Southern Cal Create a team logos and unis for the time being. Once we get the uni files (and names) we can enter them into the roster file with Redit.

The ratings are auto generated and are easily adjusted. Example, I made the ratings for college below MLB levels. If you think something should be adjusted let me know.

I will be play testing this more and making further adjustments as we go along.

Roster6 College.ROS 6.52 MB · 1 download MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator Template v1013c college.xlsb 42.18 MB · 2 downloads Difficulty Sliders1.SLD 256 B · 1 download

OK. Taking a look at the roster. Noticed a few teams were left out. So we can't move the all star, legends or home run derby teams around. But we can place teams in the roster after their spots.  Yes, it creates a "split" in the roster and is a pain in the rear but it allows for me to fit in everyone. ID numbers are important. AbbrID isn't so much as I will be using just about every single logo spot for a team. My working roster looks something more like this. I am looking at your ratings calculator and honestly have no idea how to use it. What do I need to do if I say, wanted to create a new team and populate a roster?

REDitor II                                                                                                © Vl@d Zola Jr. 8_30_2019 10_07_13 PM.png

Otherwise, great job on the player and roster ratings.

Forgot, you have more teams you want to include then the teams amount of teams in my roster. There are a few missing, because I used the default roster size. This can be adjusted by me in the roster file and the excel file if you would like me to to add all the teams in.

I started some instructions, but not done yet. The excel file is set to randomly fill rosters for the amount of teams I have in the roster file, this was done as a starting point. As of the moment, you have to generate rosters for all the teams at one time. You can't generate them one team at a time. (That plus one player at a time is/was something on the to do list, but I have no idea when I will get to that)

To generate a "random" roster what you do: (It sounds like more than it actually is once you get the hang of excel and REDitor)

1) Open the excel file, it was created in Excel 2016.

2) After the file is loaded, on the top ribbon bar of excel press the "Refresh All" key (or press CTR ALT F5). This action will generate a random roster for all the teams. (0 thru 119) The all star teams are just random names with the default 2k ratings. The rosters are ready to be copied into REDitor.

3) Appearances will be generated for all the players. Not perfected yet. You can change some things in the select appearances tab that will be reflected in the tab to be copied. Same with the Select pitches tab.

4) You have to manually copy the players tab, team tab, staff tab, and appearances tab into the roster file using REDitor. All other tabs at this point are works in progress, as I created this excel file to generate ratings for MLB stats (which is a different excel file, this excel file is altered for college output). At some point I should create a simplier process than copying and pasting.

5) To copy each tab; put your cursor in the upper most left corner of the white cells. Not the grayed out ones, as they are only for reference. Example, in the players tab, the very first players name. Then highlight all the columns to the right (shift plus right arrow), then the right arrow key will highlight all the columns. Then using (shift plus down arrow) scroll down (you can use shift plus page down) to highlight all the rows. Once highlighted right click on one of the left most grayed cells, and select copy.

6) With REdit open, for each of the tabs, one at a time, select the upper most left corner. Select Paste. The whole tab should be copied after a few seconds. Repeat for each tab.

7) Save the roster file. Go ingame and go to roster management. You will have to auto adjust the pitching rotations and batting lineups.

I hope I explained "the process" somewhat clearly.

There are some particulars about the excel file that I will have to explain (and note in the excel file) if you want to mess with it. Basically, you can break the excel file if you start changing things. (I have a hundred times). There are some hidden tabs, which you can unhide, that are the guts of the calculations. The calculations can be modified too, once you know what does what.

Thanks. Looking forward to the mod :)

On 8/30/2019 at 10:10 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

OK. Taking a look at the roster. Noticed a few teams were left out. So we can't move the all star, legends or home run derby teams around. But we can place teams in the roster after their spots.  Yes, it creates a "split" in the roster and is a pain in the rear but it allows for me to fit in everyone. ID numbers are important. AbbrID isn't so much as I will be using just about every single logo spot for a team. My working roster looks something more like this. I am looking at your ratings calculator and honestly have no idea how to use it. What do I need to do if I say, wanted to create a new team and populate a roster?

REDitor II                                                                                                © Vl@d Zola Jr. 8_30_2019 10_07_13 PM.png

Otherwise, great job on the player and roster ratings.

I've expanded the roster with another 20 team slots above and beyond the default 2k amount of teams. They can be added and the file itself is crash free.

Running into some issues with teams that are not set as all star or legend teams.

The problems relate to what you set the team types to (if its MLB or not). Certain in-game functions will not work for the additional teams.

I am trying to see if it would work if they are set to created teams, but that does not allow you to trade, release players,etc. like normal teams do.

So far, I find if you just use the amount of 2K default teams everything works fine. You can add all star or legend teams too and they will function as the default ones do. The other college specific teams are the issue. Example, team types 4 (Class A) only show up in franchise mode,

If you discovered anything and would like to share that let me know. Thx

16 minutes ago, jack805td said:

I've expanded the roster with another 20 team slots above and beyond the default 2k amount of teams. They can be added and the file itself is crash free.

Running into some issues with teams that are not set as all star or legend teams.

The problems relate to what you set the team types to (if its MLB or not). Certain in-game functions will not work for the additional teams.

I am trying to see if it would work if they are set to created teams, but that does not allow you to trade, release players,etc. like normal teams do.

So far, I find if you just use the amount of 2K default teams everything works fine. You can add all star or legend teams too and they will function as the default ones do. The other college specific teams are the issue. Example, team types 4 (Class A) only show up in franchise mode,

If you discovered anything and would like to share that let me know. Thx

I'm setting them all to MLB. Awesome work again brother

Now I noticed that outside of the first 30 IDs, playoff mode doesn't allow you to select other teams. I'll probably release a separate playoff mode file based on the actual college world series from 2019. I don't intend on trading or releasing or even attempting franchise mode...much like the MVP version of this mod it will largely be Play Now only.

3 hours ago, bctrackboi11 said:

Example, team types 4 (Class A) only show up in franchise mode,

Can you not reassign them as type 3 and move them to AA or does that cause problems? Or is it even possible to change all teams to type 1 (MLB). Just throwing ideas around. Nvm I seen BC already did that for play now. 

3 hours ago, bctrackboi11 said:

I don't intend on trading or releasing or even attempting franchise mode

If you dont mind I would attempt to set up a season mode? If it doesn't work ill chalk it up to a learning moment. Ive been playing with the schedules here lately and figured out how to get it to be a 2019 season not 2012 in all the screen text, pain in the ass but it possible.

▪have to move games schedule to 2019

▪extend all contacts the dif from 2012-2019 so 7rs

▪then move everyones bday back 7yrs bc the ROS creator adj bdays so they reflect ages now in 12'

▪then you sim for 7 seasons of emptiness plus end of season task

Basiclly it acts as if a lock out was happing for 7 season and then when 2019 hits the schedule starts up (pro and minor). Only problem is players that are to young to move their bday back 7 yrs and older ones retiring even though no games played. Thats the next work around and the best way i found to fix that is adjust the young players right before season 2019 starts rather than back in 2012. As for older may have to manipulate their bday so they stay active till 2019.

I'm trying different combinations of things. we might have to sacrifice some in-game things like franchise mode, trades, or adjusting lineups.

I'm working on setting them up as MLB teams where they would all appear in exhibition or playoff mode. Haven't gotten it to work totally yet.

Only MLB (and created teams I think) appear in playoff mode. Franchise mode would not work with this scenario.

This is the second scenario:

Here's the file with Class A and the extra teams set to 3. It looks franchise still works. The teams appear in exhibition mode. You can't bring up the teams to adjust lineups and rotations.

A third scenario is to use a lesser amount of teams that fit into the default list of teams. Everything works that way, execpt Class A teams would have to be set to 3 in order to use them in exhibition mode. The game is not designed to let us play Class A as a default or in franchise mode.

We could always just make 3 different versions of the roster to suit multiple ways of playing the mod. Not really a big deal to do that. It's just mainly a matter of changing some team settings.

Roster6 College.ROS

I like that idea. Quick question. Any idea on how to change the team colors? I noticed the logos were "colored" as well. (See yellow Duke logo). Also attached is the roster with the current assignments and AbbrID names. Going to create a list of generic faces and skin tones so we can randomize the players even more. Thoughts?

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_2_2019 11_20_46 PM.png

Roster6 College.ROS

On 9/2/2019 at 10:29 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

Quick question. Any idea on how to change the team colors? I noticed the logos were "colored" as well.

I have a question along the lines of this too, how did you get the logos swapped, RII or another mod tool, bc ive had now luck in RII? Im working on my minor league logo updates. My guess is im in the wrong mod tool🤔 sorry not trying to highjack i just thought banner logos and colors (your question) would be in the same tool and now im confused.

23 minutes ago, mayoluck said:

I have a question along the lines of this too, how did you get the logos swapped, RII or another mod tool, bc ive had now luck in RII? Im working on my minor league logo updates. My guess is im in the wrong mod tool🤔 sorry not trying to highjack i just thought banner logos and colors (your question) would be in the same tool and now im confused.

Swapped the logos in the 3DM tool. Nothing else works. From what I understand after doing a little digging I'm going to need to change the colors in a hex editor.

19 minutes ago, bctrackboi11 said:

Swapped the logos in the 3DM tool.

Thats where the learing curve is about to hit me, Time to watch some how to videos. RII and RE are easy just data entry stuff. As an art major you think id enjoy learning new programs, the grind for the gain i guess

On 9/1/2019 at 10:58 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

I'm setting them all to MLB. Awesome work again brother

Now I noticed that outside of the first 30 IDs, playoff mode doesn't allow you to select other teams. I'll probably release a separate playoff mode file based on the actual college world series from 2019. I don't intend on trading or releasing or even attempting franchise mode...much like the MVP version of this mod it will largely be Play Now only.

Thanks and same to you.

I noticed that too about playoff mode in this roster. I think at one time I was able to get created teams to appear, but can't remember. Still experimenting with that.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:08 AM, mayoluck said:

Can you not reassign them as type 3 and move them to AA or does that cause problems? Or is it even possible to change all teams to type 1 (MLB). Just throwing ideas around. Nvm I seen BC already did that for play now. 

I didn't rename this roster version but this has some fixes in it, and I am experimenting with the team types in Play now. Actually had it working to some degree but have to recreate what I did. I think setting them to MLB type 1 and setting the divisions to 1 to does the trick. This version of the roster is just default for the time being.

Roster6 College.ROS

On 9/2/2019 at 11:29 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

I like that idea. Quick question. Any idea on how to change the team colors? I noticed the logos were "colored" as well. (See yellow Duke logo). Also attached is the roster with the current assignments and AbbrID names. Going to create a list of generic faces and skin tones so we can randomize the players even more. Thoughts?

Roster6 College.ROS 6.52 MB · 0 downloads

For the color changing, I use reditor with the my friend panel active. If I remember right, I set the team's uniforms(GID) to a created team. Then just changed the colors with the my friend panel.

I will download this and take a peek.

ps Speaking of appearances, though it doesn't matter for this mod, it looks like portraits do work with this setup.

1 hour ago, mayoluck said:

ReditorII.

For new logos, I do believe you have to just swap them out with the 3D tool.

To swap one team's with another using reditorII:

The uniform tab in reditor has a column for the logo that appears in game. (and on the uniform if it is set to a created team).

So say you import a new logo, whatever old logo you imported over, this column needs to be set to the old logos 3 lettered abbrev.

The team tab has a column for the logo that appears on the main screen(s), outside of playing a game. Something to that effect.

In reditorII, activate the my friend panel. Go to the uniforms tab. Brows the my friend panel and you will see where you can set the colors. By changing the team uni to a created team, it changes the colors that appear on the logo...

I didn't notice yet if it changes the banner colors...it might.

I'll try it at some point to see exactly whats what.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:29 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

Roster6 College.ROS 6.52 MB · 1 download

This updated roster has all the regular college teams working in play now mode, except the all star teams since I disabled them for the time being until i check them out further.

Playoff and franchise mode will crash the game.

You can't trade players, but you can adjust the lineups and pitching rotations for all the teams. That's handy in-game since it saves the hassle of doing that in one of the editors.

One oddity about this.... when you scroll through the teams rosters or lineups you can only right scroll...you will cycle thru all the teams. If you left scroll, it jumps thru teams. Weird issue.

I did reinsert my logos in this version of the roster since i'm working on the uniforms tab.

Roster7 College.ROS

fyi- just for kicks this is the 2018 regular MLB roster I created using the excel files. This one works like the default 2k roster with no crashes in play now, franchise or playoff mode.

Roster4MLB2018.ROS

14 hours ago, jack805td said:

ReditorII.

For new logos, I do believe you have to just swap them out with the 3D tool.

To swap one team's with another using reditorII:

The uniform tab in reditor has a column for the logo that appears in game. (and on the uniform if it is set to a created team).

So say you import a new logo, whatever old logo you imported over, this column needs to be set to the old logos 3 lettered abbrev.

The team tab has a column for the logo that appears on the main screen(s), outside of playing a game. Something to that effect.

In reditorII, activate the my friend panel. Go to the uniforms tab. Brows the my friend panel and you will see where you can set the colors. By changing the team uni to a created team, it changes the colors that appear on the logo...

I didn't notice yet if it changes the banner colors...it might.

I'll try it at some point to see exactly whats what.

Thank you, you saved me some trial and error time as well as giving me some heads up on what to and not to change. The abbreviation would have hung me up.  I came across some similar problems when moving some stuff around. Those are the little things ive looked over and coming to find. Just got off work going to dive in and see how lost i can get. Im pointed in the right direction

On 9/2/2019 at 10:29 PM, bctrackboi11 said:

Going to create a list of generic faces and skin tones so we can randomize the players even more. Thoughts?

Is there a way to randomize their body types and builds? (the setting for buff, ripped, calf size, chest size etc) i only ask bc it gives it more of random look and athletic build (i manually set all the mlb players and that shit sucked and is taking me forever. Im doing a lot of stuff manually at this point) . Also i noticed that skin tone has 11 setting but 2k doesnt use them all? Also random setting for personal gear, once again i did this for every player manually err... I may be asking too much here but only out of curiosity and i mean for ur project not mine.  Im OCD as hell so i wouldnt mind going threw the college rosters and do it if need be, ive gotn pretty fast at it and kept it random.

Here is pics of 4 different uni sets that will always have team color gear but different color combos that u never have to change once you have done the method i figured out. As others may have to, but no more random gear colors (lime green shoes on the blue jays, stuff like that) be easy for me to make work with ur College Rosters. Like i said i may be going to detailed but i dont mind the time.

PSX_20190901_045924.thumb.jpg.38163833b05870871570c90f234fb932.jpgPSX_20190901_045538.thumb.jpg.97fd69ff9590619449f82fbf69799832.jpgPSX_20190901_045810.thumb.jpg.13aa013438a7dae920ab4c6c23302688.jpgPSX_20190901_050004.thumb.jpg.9390590b19392523f082844128d44ddc.jpg

@mayoluck if you would like to, that would be great. Right now the thing I need the most of is creating the actual uniforms. Each team will have anywhere from 2-6 sets, depending on what they wear, usually home, away and a couple of alternates. Some teams like LSU have 8 different uniforms. I've got a working set of templates, specifically for Nike's jersey stitching and some of the common number fonts that are often repeated. Let me know if you want them. Here's a quick preview of Bethune-Cookman out of Daytona Beach, FL by the way. 

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_5_2019 10_06_48 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_5_2019 10_03_22 AM.png

1 hour ago, bctrackboi11 said:

@mayoluck if you would like to, that would be great. Right now the thing I need the most of is creating the actual uniforms. Each team will have anywhere from 2-6 sets, depending on what they wear, usually home, away and a couple of alternates. Some teams like LSU have 8 different uniforms. I've got a working set of templates, specifically for Nike's jersey stitching and some of the common number fonts that are often repeated. Let me know if you want them. Here's a quick preview of Bethune-Cookman out of Daytona Beach, FL by the way. 

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_5_2019 10_06_48 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 9_5_2019 10_03_22 AM.png

Ill def take them, this weekend im off friday to monday night so im going to learn my self how to make some unis. Sit down watch some vids and play with the tools. TBH i got a late start on my project and have no problem shelving it, its not something locked into a specific yr. Ill just play exhibition games till im done. Im way more intrested in working on the NCAA mod. It will help me knock out my Minors overhual (not many will want it but me prob, id rather play seasons of minor affiliates)  

Next issue i just noticed we might have, B-C is predominant black school. How would we go about making the rosters randomly have that. Same with some of the schools that are traditionally latino, white or foreigners? It be nice to have some way of keep it authentic to these traditional schools. B-C, Jackson State, Grambling and Southern (not sure if u have all them schools) are all in this category. BTW ive always loved B-C n these are sick, same colors as my HS

25 minutes ago, mayoluck said:

Ill def take them, this weekend im off friday to monday night so im going to learn my self how to make some unis. Sit down watch some vids and play with the tools. TBH i got a late start on my project and have no problem shelving it, its not something locked into a specific yr. Ill just play exhibition games till im done. Im way more intrested in working on the NCAA mod. It will help me knock out my Minors overhual (not many will want it but me prob, id rather play seasons of minor affiliates)  

Next issue i just noticed we might have, B-C is predominant black school. How would we go about making the rosters randomly have that. Same with some of the schools that are traditionally latino, white or foreigners? It be nice to have some way of keep it authentic to these traditional schools. B-C, Jackson State, Grambling and Southern (not sure if u have all them schools) are all in this category. BTW ive always loved B-C n these are sick, same colors as my HS

We'll just go in and tweak what generic faces are assigned there. Not something I'm worried about too much yet, the biggest bear is these uniforms.

57 minutes ago, mcoll said:

if you have template to make the base uniform and layers then convert them properly there not real hard to do.  the hard find part find images and logos for them.

Yeah, there has been a lot of detective work behind the scenes for what I do have done. I've had to pull directly from photos, old media guides, even redraw a few things in illustrator. Not hard work, just time consuming.

Archived